Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
not to split hairs but i wouldnt really call the metoo thread title irreverent more than mad about awful bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
origami king is about as good as paper mario can be under both that framework and the stubborn obsession with completely reinventing the mechanical wheel each time but its frustrating to have that much passion railroaded into weird brand bullshit and insular design philosophy, especially when they keep throwing out nonsensical explanations that contradict whatever the last one was when they broach their awareness of the reception lol, but thats a tendency in nintendo that extends beyond paper mario into lots of awkward poo poo like the reason zelda can never star in a mainline game and whatever else

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
it isnt drive-by posting its frustrated reactions to the direction discussion like this tends to go at the drop of a hat here from people affected by the stuff thats supposed to be being discussed who have been posting plenty in the thread about the subject matter and not about the thread itself since it opened

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Bust Rodd posted:

There’s a similar thread in CineD, where people insisted on having a thread specifically to discuss #MeToo and Sexual abuse in Hollywood, and it’s just an insanely toxic thread full of people posting past each other with wildly different ideas about what is and isn’t appropriate to talk about or discuss or what specific kind of crimes are sexual abuse and which crimes are simply “creepy”. It’s completely full of people making 100% innocuous throwaway jokes and then spawning multi-page derails about how no one is taking this seriously enough and it’s NOT FUNNY. I don’t think these kinds of thread really work on Something Awful, tbh.

In general a bbcode dead comedy forum full of computer touchers who frequently use humor to cope or comment on the industry shittiness we’re all dealing with is probably a bad place to go and try and carve out a sad thread specifically for talking about things like “the Cosby suite” or Kotick threatening to murder his secretary with a big “ITS NOT FUNNY, no laughing!!” sign on the door. I feel like whether or not Blizzard makes good games that define industry standards for decades is germane to the conversation of where they are in the industry and what their sale will mean to gaming as whole, but sure maybe the pedantics of build craft might be a step to far into the weeds.

move on from your threadban dude its been over half a year

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Lady Radia posted:

lol i wasnt gonna counter argue you saying "nuh uh". sorry. the second half of the post is just weird and ad hominem dumb poo poo. hope you have a good weekend tho!

can you try responding to the essay by the actual industry vet then lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
think its kind of beside the point either way lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Kale posted:

I'm still interested in Japanese multimedia output even into my 30s,