Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

To clarify, I probably should have said a "perceived focus on eSports." I don't mean to say that eSports are bad, seeing OW playing on TV in a bar was cool, actually, and I am not going to delve into any balance concerns, but it feels like there was a limited amount of content for casual players to consume, players like me who would have been happy with a little story content outside of the "once every April" lore drop. Doing things like... advancing the plot, or having a plot, or just showing the characters interacting in new ways, would be nice. Instead there were OWL updates, OWL skins, etc etc. It FELT like Blizz just cared about OWL. I was excited for the promise of a whole rear end PvE mode with story content, and if OW2 came out in 2020, or even early 2021, I would have eaten that poo poo up. But now the ship has sailed for ABK, at least for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Givin posted:

You're talking about a man who would literally steal the stapler off his desk and try to sell it to his secretary on the way out.

Yeah nothing about Bobby K makes him seem like the kind of guy to just 'take the L.'

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Zero Some tolerance.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Dick Burglar posted:

There are swastika buttons on the shoulders. How are you this loving credulous.

Do I need to mark it more clearly?

And just in case anyone was still willing to give this the benefit of the doubt, notice the same pattern a little to the right, but inverted. Meaning they would have had to deliberately rotate the pattern on the button to make it look like that.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

The Bee posted:

Even good MMOs can get kind of bend-over-baxkwardy. I know a friend doing Ultimate raids in FFXIV and every story I hear from them makes me so glad I left my raiding days behind when I left BfA.

Yeah but Ultimate raids are optional, and don't offer gear progression rewards.

Edit: also FOMO is best thought of as enforcing stasis. It makes people who are active want to stay active, but people who are inactive miss out and are therefore discouraged from becoming active again. After all why be active when a bunch of people have something you cannot get?

Abhorrence fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 30, 2021