Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

"everyone is secretly thinking horrible thoughts, and most of them are just pretending to not get banned" is still an argument in favor of moderation and a condemnation of unmoderated spaces, which was the original thing that sparked this argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

Tarezax posted:

afaik this is the way FF14 rolls. For example, dudes also get to wear 2B's sexy thigh high boots

lots of leg slot items are quantumly pants or miniskirts+thigh highs depending on who puts them on

That's about the extent of it, though. There's a few scattered armor sets with big gender differences other than a pant/skirt switch, but not many

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

SirSamVimes posted:

(this is probably the most egregious example in the game though)

that's the exact one I was thinking of when I mentioned there being a few random exceptions

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

Lying to investors is the only crime a rich person can commit, because it's a crime against other rich people. Not surprised they're going after actual humans instead of the corporate entity for that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

Looper posted:

thank you

Looper posted:

thank you for your service

Looper posted:

thank you

Looper posted:

thank you

Looper posted:

thank you

you're welcome

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

Their stance is basically "wait, our mods were doing WHAT?"

hopefully it's true but even if it isn't, it means they're sufficiently embarassed to be shamed into making it better

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

metis please bless this thread with some sixers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

I'm straight and cis but also like games. let's be friends.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

please this is a family hobby we don't discuss your deviant sexualities and fetishes here

sorry I'll make an auto-ban thread

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

Clarste posted:

He's their golf buddy. If corporations were actually as amorally money-hungry as capitalism wishes they were, they would've stamped out all the harassment a long time ago because that poo poo lowers productivity.

yeah it's this, probably

you don't sell your friend out just because his company has a harassment problem, do you? It wasn't even his fault, it was all the execs beneath him! I know him personally and he seems like a great guy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

BoldFace posted:

Why bother busting unions now? Soon they'll be Microsoft's problem anyway.

because the notion that the owner might not be able to extract the maximum possible percentage of excess value is deeply antithetical to the owning class, on an ideological level

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

There's already a system where you can buy and sell mtg cards for currency purchased with real cash, in mtg online. It just uses a central database instead of a blockchain because the blockchain doesn't add anything

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

I hear that indie devs who get a breakout hit will use that to fund full time professional game development, thus shedding their indie status. Truly a horrifying state of affairs. Indie games are dead.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

I don't think indie means what you think it means if growing into a large studio still counts for you

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

In music or whatever it just literally means independently published but that's such a meaningless statement in games these days that it just means small studio run by people who don't have game development as their day job, or didn't until the Kickstarter payout hit

By the time Microsoft even acknowledges your existence you haven't been indie for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk

College Slice

Also bungie and activision aren't remotely indie