Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

the funniest was the inafune thing where everyone literally just lied about his involvement. THE FATHER OF MEGAMAN

I'll admit THE FATHER OF ELEC MAN doesn't have quite the same ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Honestly, NFTs are no more a sham than people getting, I dunno, autographed books or certified movie prop replicas or Pokémon card misprints or the brick from the Berlin wall. It’s not about the actual thing but the symbolism or the rarity of it. If they fix the carbon impact (and it’s already totally possible), then what the heck, go for it. Giant corporations will benefit but legitimate artists as well. And if anyone doesn’t want to participate that’s fine as well.

Of course it’s more than a little lol that Ubisoft execs think the right message is “dumbass consumers just don’t get it.” But I think people do get too upset about markets existing for nebulous things. The collectibles market was already weird and inscrutable for hundreds of years; this is not anything new.

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

Christ Lore

Is that what the kids are calling religion these days

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

News to me is that Ni no Kuni is a VR game world a la Sword Art Online. I always thought it was a fantasy world.

It's a VR game that transports its player into a fantasy world that is revealed to be a real place rather than a virtual one. This is not a particularly unique premise among VR/Fantasy stories.

The horrible crypto garbage attached to the project is the much more interesting and, honestly, relevant topic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

At this point GaaS effectively means "this game has a battlepass" since that appears to be the more prevalent model.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm jokering right now holy poo poo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I couldn't make it to the end of the video because I just cannot stand watching clips of tommy tallarico for that long.

E: I do want to clarify that this expose on Tommy Tallarico is relevant to the topic at hand, especially with regards to his misdeeds and mismanagement. Just that, it is not particularly surprising that there isn't much discussion on it. Aside from the Amico fiasco it's more games industry history than news and it's very easy to be flippant about it considering the video starts with a deep dive into a meme.

Runa fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It is also worth mentioning that COPPA is specifically an American law and the EU clearly feels it is insufficient.

Considering the state of the industry, this is not an unfair position to take.