Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
The problem with going "Everyone is like this" is that this is literally something that racists/sexists/other bigots will consistently tell others to normalize their own behaviour, so I'd appreciate it if we'd stop aiding them in justifying, normalizing or excusing their lovely behaviour. That just makes us part of the problem and only serves to silence/marginalize people that know better than to be a piece of poo poo.
It is, in fact, not normal anymore to be a complete poo poo to the lgbtq community, that's why assholes get so mad and desperate about it.

I get that it's a dumb off-hand joke but I've had to deal with that exact garbage argument before when I stumbled into people going on stupid racist rants and it wasn't true then and it isn't true now. People have a capacity for being lovely or uncaring about things, but claiming everyone can't help but be garbage only empowers the worst behaviour.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU