Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Won't happen. Bobby needs a new yacht.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

If you want to derail the thread there is already a different bad thread you can do that in.

The other thread doesn't have rails to derail.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

webmeister posted:

I mean the bar for Blizzard writers is basically “doesn’t publicly thirst for Sylvanus” at this point

Doesn't Steve Danuser still write WoW's "Story"?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Itzena posted:

Lead devs write the story then hand it over to the writers and go "this is the plot, polish it up for us"

I was speaking more to the "lusts after undead elflady" thing Steve's got going on. Is he the lead dev now?

Dogwood Fleet posted:

A corset that was added when her predecessor got stabbed in the gut.

Who was sylvanas' predecessor? iirc shes lead the forsaken since day 1? unless this is some out-of-game novel only bullshit. I don't follow wow lore at all beyond blue and red dudes hate each other and try to kill each other even when it would be beneficial for the sides to cooperate because war in warcraft.

SirSamVimes posted:

The devs of Mechwarrior Online have decided to throw their hat in the ring and gave someone a 48 hour suspension for starting every game by saying "trans rights"

https://twitter.com/daalpacagirl/st...ingawful.com%2F

:pgi:

no way this could go badly "political statements don't belong in videogames" from PGI, meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/ANX_Suffy/status/1444395031125704706

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 3, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zore posted:

Vol'jin was warchief before Sylvanas and died of a gut stab is the joke I think. When she got the warchief promotion is also when they redid her model and added a corset.

Ah yeah the guy who led the horde for like 30 mins before lunch and died in a cutscene. they did vol'jin dirty.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Poil posted:

Oh no we couldn't possibly monitor and enforce rules against all the racists, sexists, fascists, nazis, -phobes and other bileful harassers, that's utterly impossible. Nope. Can't do a thing. Wait someone said a minority deserves rights?! BAN!!! BAN!!! BAN!!!

It's because gamers by and large are scum. There's a few bright spots, a few good communities in existence, but by and large they're still the same poo poo-ape morons dropping the hard R while spraying cheeto dust on xbox microphones. Game devs originate from this primordial cheeto soup, and they carry their prejudices with them. They dress it up and put out the pride flag for pride month as the corporate world demands in order to avoid getting backlash, but they don't actually believe it, much like most of the corporate world, they just make the moves to get the money. It is a cynical opinion, but it's better to be a cynic than naïve.

Unless a game dev studio is making conscious, visible steps to increase diversity, and actually makes those diverse members of the team feel valued, assume they're the same shitapes from xbox live.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 3, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Endorph posted:

i dont think this is really true on any level lol but it sure is a great exercise in making yourself feel better than some imagined person who doesnt actually exist

the vast majority of people are just people.

A lot of supposed good dev studios have revealed themselves to be godawful or have godawful people working for them. I also spent the last week playing new world because i'm a sucker for bad games and god drat if it didn't feel like early 2000s Gamer internet, racism, homophobic jokes, racist jokes, slurs of all kinds. Capital G Gamers haven't changed, decent people just selected out from interacting with the primordial cheeto scum. Don't really know the fix for that other than avoid most online games, especially ones with proximity voip.

I got spoiled playing FFXIV because the community there is by and large quite positive, so it was quite the wake up call!

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 4, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

man I need a hobby that isn't playing bad videogames or bad posting on SA.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

At least they're doing something. Blizzard probably wouldn't have acknowledged moderation decisions or reversal of same, especially as quickly as was done for this.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

So how bout that Diablo 2 Remaster. I hear it has problems

What's a diablo 2 remaster? I still have my Diablo 2 CDs and the Lord of Destruction expac in a bookshelf at home. Granted the OG games run like crap on windows 10, though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Imagine having your work unit transferred from Activision to Blizzard where you went from a probably boring programmer drone existence to cube crawls and poo poo being the norm.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tarezax posted:

For example, dudes also get to wear 2B's sexy thigh high boots

Even with the weird busted ankles from them having the circumference of your thumb and middle finger joined together.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dick Burglar posted:

Fine, I'm not surprised that a bunch of war crime deniers people ignorant of their country's war crimes aren't celebrating that a war crime denier died. Just like how a lot of Americans, ignorant of Donald Rumsfeld's war crimes, were confused when so many foreigners were all but pissing on the dude's grave the day he keeled over.

The point still stands: whether they're active deniers or simply never learned the truth, they have no reason to be like "yeah gently caress that guy."

Rummy directly committed, aided, and abetted war crimes. Sugiyama was just a massive racist, one of the side effects of Japan being largely a monoculture.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Also reinforces HR IS NOT YOUR FRIEND, HR IS THERE TO PROTECT THE COMPANY JEEZ DONT TELL HR ANYTHING EVER