Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

pepe being labeled a hate symbol was a really stupid overreaction and just led to nazi's trying harder to claim him as their own. just use the frog if you want too because any sane person should be able to tell the difference between a regular cartoon frog and a racist cartoon frog using simple logic and context

While I agree with you in theory, in practice people are not nearly as sane as you think they are and will not care about logic and context, and constantly harping that they should will not change that.

Most people believe what they're told and take things at exact face value, and that includes symbols that "logically" are totally innocent like the Swastika, Pepe, and that hand sign, so we need to treat them appropriately and not just assume the best of the online masses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
His Golden Parachute has been discussed to death here, but I'm genuinely curious about the non-financial fallout he might face. Like, surely his name is radioactive by now no matter how much cash he gets on the way out, right?

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I can only hope that such a failure from a large studio will discourage others from trying, but I'm not that optimistic.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
FFXIV on its own has to be funding years worth of gently caress-ups from S-E, I don't think they're going to actually be "in trouble" anytime soon, unless FFXIV has two trash expansions in a row or something.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
To be precise, this was his response to being asked about a 1.0 Classic Server:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpGRfmRaIx8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
They definitely presented it in a very NFT-ish way, but as far as I can tell, there's no actual momentary value to any of it or even a way to trade.