Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Cythereal posted:

They're allowing mods for single player. Can't play multiplayer with mods.

Which might as well be no mods period, imo.

Beyond really simple stuff, I can't see the huge stuff like Median XL or Path of Diablo going through all the trouble of porting it over to D2R when you'll never be able to use it to play online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Minrad posted:

just a lil reminder that it's been... 3 years? 4 years? since diablo immortal got announced and never came out

It was announced in 2018, was set to come out this year, then got delayed to 2022 just last month.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

stev posted:

D4 was never coming out in 2022 was it? I got the impression that it was maybe a 2023/4 game.

I think the only hard info we had on D4's release date is that it wouldn't be in 2021, so there was a slight chance it could have come out in 2022.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

I don't know what's funnier: this, or Lego sets being made for a game that still doesn't have a release date.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

If discord went down I suspect most if not all speedrunning communities would experience a tower of babel style event in terms of knowledge loss, having nothing but old record vods and "maybe the old WR runner still has their strats open in notepad++" to fall back on

Wouldn't that require Discord to completely die overnight? If it just becomes more poo poo over time like Skype I can't see why speedrunners couldn't just grab whatever info they had on their discords and hop over to whatever chat program pops up to replace it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It is kinda funny considering FFXIV famously launched as a disaster and they spent like a decade desperately turning it around and ended up actually succeeding.

Because Final Fantasy is kinda, you know, Square's biggest and most famous IP. Letting 1.0 sit there and taint the brand would have been a bad decision.

The suits can't really justify that kind of investment on a brand new IP when they can just kill it and try again with another new IP down the line.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I haven't played Overwatch since the beta, what is the official reason he isn't mcree anymore? And how cringe was it.

He was named after one of the devs.

Said dev got outed as a sexpest once All That poo poo started coming to light, so they wanted to distance themselves from it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Tankbuster posted:

they burned their goodwill doing nothing with their property and stuff, the blitzchung fiasco, no phone diablo and other assorted bullshit.

Sorta incredible how blitzchung and no phones have become the very least of their problems compared to all the poo poo they've pulled since.

Like one of those cartoon gags with a garden full of rakes, only each rake is larger than the last.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Also isn't D+ currently bleeding money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

dr_rat posted:

I remember A while back there was a short indie DLC game where you had to "buy" a whole bunch of DLC to even do basic stuff like walk right and jump. It was either free or like $5 and didn't actually charge you for any of the DLC you "brought" in game.

You're probably thinking of DLC Quest.

e: jesus christ how is it almost a decade old

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 20, 2023