Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
How does “literally threatened to kill a woman while having the resources and connections to actually do it” not equate to for-cause, especially after admitting to it on the record?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Oh no! Not the shambling corpse of the media group that went bankrupt because they literally refused a court’s order to remove a sex tape, how ever will I get my bullshots and sizzling hot gaming takes now?

Oh right, publisher websites and YouTube, respectively.

Phew, for the briefest of nanoseconds I thought something of value was lost here.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I enjoyed when Gawker died and you had everyone who ever worked or freelanced at a content mill going on about how it was some kind of vanguard for “fearless intrepid journalism.”

You could then source stories outing a private citizen because he was a relative of a political appointee, masthead defending leaked sex tapes and hypothetical child sex tapes and defying court orders about the posting of sex tapes, and watch these people trip over themselves into “um, actually”ing *journalism itself* as the victim.

I don’t care who fronted Hogan’s legal bills, Gawker would still be around if they had just adhered to a simple editorial standard of not reposting sex tapes they don’t own the rights to.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
There’s supposedly going to be a female protagonist and that’s fine, Latina Trevor wouldn’t be anything to scoff at. That rules.

The kinder, gentler R* in terms of content is a worry. Whether you enjoyed the company style or not, the Housers and Benzies were absolutely entrenched in the creative direction of every game that company put out and it was better for it. I could not even tell you who is heading up creative there now.

GTA VI will make a boatload of money based on name recognition alone. However, depending on how bad they neuter the tone/vibe, I could see GTA VII being a full out GAAS like GTA:O. The conspiracy minded cynic in me thinks that’s what they’re aiming for, because building intricate, scripted single player campaigns is hard, especially in something as massive as GTA.