Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

The Gadfly posted:

I think people need to stop anthropomorpizing companies. Don't get so attached or loyal to them. Great games are made because a group of specific developers worked at the same company in the same time period. It's these developers that people should respect for solely their game-making ability, not the overall behemoth of a company.

It's disgusting when I see people reminiscing about Blizzard like it was an ex.

big agree. the amount of capital abk has access to is staggering, and in no way does that capital equate to greater ability to produce a good game.

i wish people would play more games developed by small indie studios/individuals instead of eating the poo poo shoveled into their mouths by faceless mega-corps. a lack of direct communication by the actual people developing and designing the game and its systems is a big red flag to me.

the roguelikes thread has plenty of examples of individual people developing games that have built goodwill with me and people like me for many years. I'll continue to support them based entirely on that goodwill because I have a somewhat personal connection to their work and i trust their ability to make good games

unormal, hand of luke, and their game caves of qud is a good example of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i think the notoriously hellish AB workplace just randomly giving all their employees A FULL GODDAMN WEEK OFF is probably a more damning indictment than all these articles and whatnot