Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

why no goth wolfmen or mummies?

i guess the gargoyle gremlin in gremlins 2 was sorta goth? but he was ok with sunlight so i guess not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the creature from the black lagoon is beach goth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Vampires are stupid asf and should all die imo

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I blame the Bram Stoker’s ‘Dracula’ movie from 1992 and Rutger Hauer’s performance performance as Lothos from Buffy the Vampire Slayer from the same year.

Lot of gothy vampires in 1992, and Rutger Hauer killed it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
They're eastern European, op, just feel lucky that they're not wearing track suits.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ikanreed posted:

They're eastern European, op, just feel lucky that they're not wearing track suits.

wearing a track suit is a powerful political statement that i think only vampires and myabe a mummy could pull off

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
All monsters are Goth, especially the classic Universal Monsters. Where are you getting your info from?

Like yeah Wolfman doesn't seem goth necessarily, maybe because he's more ragey than broody but that's like saying Blackmetal kids aren't Goth. If you fit in to some Gothic subcategory, you're Goth bro. Straight up.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

You Are A Elf posted:

I blame the Bram Stoker’s ‘Dracula’ movie from 1992 and Rutger Hauer’s performance performance as Lothos from Buffy the Vampire Slayer from the same year.

Lot of gothy vampires in 1992, and Rutger Hauer killed it.

The Hunger?

Anyway ghosts and lichs are goth AF. Undead are often goth, necromancers are goth, lycanthropes and other kinds of monsters that arent undead arent as goth. Mummies are undead but aren't so goth, they're egyptian chic instead.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Vampires are stupid asf and should all die imo

wow ok vampire hitler

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is this some kind of MPP honeypot thread

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Goth is in the heart and the soul OP, not the appearance.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sgt. Politeness posted:

All monsters are Goth, especially the classic Universal Monsters. Where are you getting your info from?

Like yeah Wolfman doesn't seem goth necessarily, maybe because he's more ragey than broody but that's like saying Blackmetal kids aren't Goth. If you fit in to some Gothic subcategory, you're Goth bro. Straight up.

ill give you Invisible man and phantom of the opera but Frankenstein is NOT goth.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm ready for a graveyard SMASH!

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
The real goth monster.... is goth man.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
How the gently caress is Frankenstein, arguably the most popular celebrity in Europe OF ALL TIME, not goth? Like what's your definition? What do you think goth is? Frankenstein is goth. He just is. Do you think goths have to turn into something? Cuz they don't. Goths can be Frankensteins. It's in the charter. Read it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

hes industrial prep not goth

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Frankenstein is the creator, and is a goth. The creature's name is the goth's monster.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
He got chased by villagers with pitchforks and torches for being misunderstood..... at night. That's goth.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Frankenstein is both spooky and sad.

GOTH!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
imo any monster can be a goth if that's what they want. You've lead with a false premise, OP.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

How did you get this photo of my roommate from 2003?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Ok but what about the big guys like godzilla and king kong

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Ghosts are also goth, OP.

Zombies can be goth. Especially if it's one of those sexy zombies (see: that girl with all the broken glass in her from Return of the Living Dead 3).

Undead in general are goth, and undead is a huge category.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm pretty sure Beetlejuice is goth

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Ok but what about the big guys like godzilla and king kong

Battra is just a Goth Mothra.

edit: I mean just look at this goth-rear end fucker:

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 15, 2021

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Frankenstein & the monsters invented goth

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Battra is just a Goth Mothra.

Destroyah and Hedorah are definitely Goth as well.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why can't vampires be cool jocks instead of depressed loser nerds who do poetry and cry about being super strong hot and immortal? Gimme a vampire QB

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Smugworth posted:

I'm pretty sure Beetlejuice is goth

Michael Keaton exclusively plays goth characters

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Why can't vampires be cool jocks instead of depressed loser nerds who do poetry and cry about being super strong hot and immortal? Gimme a vampire QB

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
There is definitely at least one goth wolfgirl because she turns up in my feed a lot.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Applewhite posted:

There is definitely at least one goth wolfgirl because she turns up in my feed a lot.

Goth wolfgirls got a huge signal boost when Helluva Boss came out

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Applewhite posted:

100% know which one you mean and she is technically a demon.

So werewolves still aren't goth, but demons are. Even wolf-demons.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Shut tha gently caress up

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Draculaura is a vampire preppie.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Devils Affricate posted:

Michael Keaton exclusively plays goth characters

So Batman is goth?

Hmmm, I mean he DOES live in Gotham City and hangs around with bats…

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Carpe Jugulum is a cautionary tale about what will happen if vampires stop being goth.

Please don't give other vampires any dangerous ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What if

WHAT IF

A leprechaun were goth?