Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

RICH soil!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

cumshitter posted:

are these the same guys who when they were trying to build their freedom city on some usless land the fastforward time capture of them building it was just them moving a wooden board back and forth for 8 hours?

RICH soil!!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

I really wanted their little utopia town in colorado to get further along. We don't have enough little fringe utopias these days, land prices are too hosed up

Turns out buying a bunch of scrub land with no water rights or access doesn't lend itself to self-sustaining communities

Also didn't they not actually buy it but just squatted on native land

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

The group, which was at first accepted in leftist spaces, caused their first outrage when they intentionally caused a media fire storm by beginning a campaign in early 2020 calling Anne Frank a "Becky" and a "Karen".

honestly so drat funny hahaha

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

IBoth of these people are mentally ill white men with leftist tendencies who were desperate to find ways to contribute to the cause. Neither of them are involved anymore, one of them going so far as to say they think the group has been CIA the whole time. So it goes.

What are their forums usernames?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The Hammer City story is so incredible

quote:

According to Savvy, she suffered frostbite from exposure to the night air, due to lack of firewood and adequate camping equipment. But her worst affliction was due to the unresearched suggestion, approved by Gazi, that the Hammers substitute mugwort for firewood.

Savvy was told that mugwort had spiritual properties, that burning it would induce powerful dreams, according to unspecified Indigenous medical knowledge. Instead, the Hammers became frighteningly sick from handling and inhaling fumes from the poisonous plant, which contains thujone, a chemical compound that is toxic in high doses.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

gonna start an ATL branch of Black Hammer, call myself Gazi Kudzu

he got busted in ATL but also lol

wish I could have been accosted by BH on the Beltline

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

weast posted:

wasn’t gazi formerly a member of the uhuru movement? like a leader of a chapter or something.

Iirc he got kicked out and then said he left because it was all run by white people

I don't know if that's true but when I met some uhurus tabling at a park once they were all young white kids, nice folks though I bought a funny shirt from them

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

One summer I worked in DC and the LaRouchites were always at the metro stop I got off at with their anti-Obama signs and I will always fondly remember that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

That article implies he got out of jail after the initial arrest, how did he get bail after locking people in chains and the cops finding a dead body in the house?

he's an asset