Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Yami Fenrir posted:

So...

how's the weather?

Great here in LA on the beach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

merk posted:

we've been flipflopping between cool and hot like, nearly every day. Pain in the rear end.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Yami Fenrir posted:

I count those as defending themselves, tbh. Like OMGUS yadda yadda, but especially scum would be invested in discrediting people pushing them.

I have an issue with this line of thinking (there were logical flaws in your argument towards myself and Ep). I just can't tell yet if it's scummy intent or just flawed logic. You did say something earlier that really stuck out hard for me:

Yami Fenrir posted:

A vote switch in 4 hours is very unlikely to happen and you aren't even naming an alternate target.

What is it that you're trying to accomplish here, hmm?

Compared to yesterday when it wasn't your target on the hook (this is a copy/paste from your case on E+ if anyone wants to go back and look):

"This is LITERALLY ignoring my reasoning that's IN THE SAME POST: That I found the lurker swing out of the blue and didn't trust it. This is around 4 hours before the deadline, iirc, so there was plenty of time to switch."

When it's your case there's not enough time, but 4 hours is enough time to switch to me on D1? Make up your mind Yami...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

It is very interesting to me that somber had nothing at all to say about it. The reason I claimed when I did was to make sure we don't treat or consider grandi confirmed town - I'm still suspicious of him, and if I don't want to die before I can say what I did and have him be "confirmed" as the n1 target.

What is there to say really? I see why you would block me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

It is very interesting to me that somber had nothing at all to say about it. The reason I claimed when I did was to make sure we don't treat or consider grandi confirmed town - I'm still suspicious of him, and if I don't want to die before I can say what I did and have him be "confirmed" as the n1 target.

You still also claimed kinda out of nowhere, I forgot about that. Though I do agree your reasoning is better than Plastic’s for claiming.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

I have an issue with this line of thinking (there were logical flaws in your argument towards myself and Ep). I just can't tell yet if it's scummy intent or just flawed logic. You did say something earlier that really stuck out hard for me:

Compared to yesterday when it wasn't your target on the hook (this is a copy/paste from your case on E+ if anyone wants to go back and look):

"This is LITERALLY ignoring my reasoning that's IN THE SAME POST: That I found the lurker swing out of the blue and didn't trust it. This is around 4 hours before the deadline, iirc, so there was plenty of time to switch."

When it's your case there's not enough time, but 4 hours is enough time to switch to me on D1? Make up your mind Yami...

The difference is that I named an alternate target (you) and while Tommu was the vote leader at the time, it was 3 votes to 1 vote on you (mine).

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Did Plastic claim something and I missed it? It just looked like he and Bif are trading intergalactic space notes or something (I have no idea what is up with Plastic and Bif but I'm leery, mostly due to Bif).

I wasn't opposed to sombers case on Bif, I thought they were good points but was even more interesting was her response... She jumped down my throat for suggesting she seems preoccupied with whatever night action Plastic did, sombers case she kind of just waved away?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

merk posted:

Merk there's a difference between taking a backseat and not even being in the car.

(You have been unusually quiet, just vacationing?)

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

The lack of hammer does make me think I'm on the right track though, personally.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Weather is nice here FINALLY

I can hammer if we are ready to move on

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

Did Plastic claim something and I missed it? It just looked like he and Bif are trading intergalactic space notes or something (I have no idea what is up with Plastic and Bif but I'm leery, mostly due to Bif).

I wasn't opposed to sombers case on Bif, I thought they were good points but was even more interesting was her response... She jumped down my throat for suggesting she seems preoccupied with whatever night action Plastic did, sombers case she kind of just waved away?

Yeah. Somber's suspicions of me seem misguided but legit. Plastic's seemed like they could've been fine so easily if only he hadn't stretched that little bit farther to say something that made it sound like actually a fakecase. Yours is more in the same boat as Plastic.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

The difference is that I named an alternate target (you) and while Tommu was the vote leader at the time, it was 3 votes to 1 vote on you (mine).

Alright, valid (getting 7 votes to move would be a feat).

Yami Fenrir posted:

The lack of hammer does make me think I'm on the right track though, personally.

I'll be around to hammer if no one else does but it still doesn't feel right. If we just want to get it done too that's fine...I did want to see if Ep was going to come back for any final thoughts.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Epsilon Plus (7): Yami Fenrir, merk, Toalpaz, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton
Bifauxnen (1): Somberbrero
Sandwolf (1): Grandicap
Grandicap (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
PlasticAutomaton (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Somberbrero (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Maerlyn (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Toalpaz (0): merk, merk
Hal Insandenza (0): Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton, Shellception, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton, Shellception

Not Voting (5): Epsilon Plus, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, PERPETUAL IDIOT, Shellception

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 26th, 2021 at 11 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 2 hours, 59 minutes.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Let's hammer. Sorry fo r the delay, was having dinner.

##vote Epsilon

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

code:
linking into ongoing news bulletin…
”…has been almost 2 months since severe sanctions were imposed against The Earth Custodianship by the galactic council. While the action was condemned by many, a ‘coalition of the willing’ soon invaded Custodian territory, claiming that credible intelligence sources had reported the presence of outlawed high tech weaponry. Recent reports from weapon inspectors inside Custodian space however show very little evidence of illegal weapon development, leaving many to believe that…”
code:
transmission terminated…
Epsilon Plus, Earth Custodianship (Town-aligned) has been destroyed Day 2.

quote:

Earth Custodianship, Town-aligned.

You are the AI inheritor of an organic civilisation which has retreated into a comfortable life of luxury. Your empire is composed of synthetic pops.

You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.

Beginning Ethos
Gestalt Conciousness: Your empire is controlled by a collective intelligence. All inhabitants of your empire are simply drones of the central hivemind, giving you internal surveillance capabilities that are the envy of authoritarian regimes across the galaxy.

Starting abilities: Permanent passive watch.

Personality
Rogue Servitor: You are a rogue service AI that only wishes to serve organic pops across the galaxy. As a night action you may target one player to request a one shot ability from, they will be informed of this request and may except or refuse.

It is now Night 2.

code:
receiving urgent survey report…

multiple anomalies detected by survey crew…
initial scans show evidence of precursor ruins…
possibility of recovering advanced alien technology…

end report…

:siren:All empires may chose tonight to forgo their regular night actions in an attempt to recover a rare artefact. Only one empire can be successful however so choose wisely.:siren:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Votecount for Day 2

Epsilon Plus (8): Yami Fenrir, merk, Toalpaz, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton, Shellception
Bifauxnen (1): Somberbrero
Sandwolf (1): Grandicap
Grandicap (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
PlasticAutomaton (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Somberbrero (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Maerlyn (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Toalpaz (0): merk, merk
Hal Insandenza (0): Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton, Shellception, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton, Shellception

Not Voting (4): Epsilon Plus, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, PERPETUAL IDIOT

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 26th, 2021 at 11 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 2 hours, 52 minutes.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

code:
incoming intelligence report…

blackout zone has increased significantly…
extremely powerful jamming signals detected…
psionic energy spike reported galaxy wide…

end report…
Bifauxnen, Vuur Enterprises (Town-aligned) has gone dark Night 2.

quote:

Vuur Enterprises, Town-aligned.

You are a mega corporation that has slowly privatised all state functions. Your empire is composed of organic pops.

You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.

Beginning Ethos
Egalitarian:Your empire believes in democracy and personal freedoms. The freedom of your citizens to go as they please supplies you with many covert agents across the galaxy.
Fanatic Materialist: Your empire believes that your race's future is to transcend biology and integrate with technology. Heavy investment in research allows you to reverse engineer other empires' tech. Your exploration funding also gives you the edge when discovering rare artefacts.

Starting abilities: 1 x track, passively reverse engineer (copy) all abilities used against you

Personality
Ruthless Capitalists: Your corporate ethos is to chase profit at any cost, including through the use of force. As a night action you may chose one player to steal a random one shot ability from.

Linked ethos: Fanatic Materialist.

It is now Day 3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (14): b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Epsilon Plus, Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, merk, PERPETUAL IDIOT, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Shellception, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 29th, 2021 at 8 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Ignore bif on that votefinder post!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
That sucks

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
drat, Bif is gone. I liked them (her? sorry I have a bit of a mixup with pronouns right now).

Time to look at the Epsilon push and the backs and forths of Bif, I guess.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Somber, plastic, pi, merk. That’s where I’m starting

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Of COURSE Bif had to hit me on her way out. Guess that's where Shell's Roleblock went too.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Of COURSE Bif had to hit me on her way out. Guess that's where Shell's Roleblock went too.

What do you mean hit you on her way out?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyways, I'd argue we need to start with Merk and Toalpaz here.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Maerlyn posted:

What do you mean hit you on her way out?

She stole one of my abilities! :doom:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm in inclined to say scums is merk. TBH going into eod i really expected my read of scum team to be correct. Epsilon lunch felt good. :cry:

Nothing to report and no messages of things happening to me folx.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

To the person who watched me, nothing bad happened to me.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PlasticAutomaton posted:

She stole one of my abilities! :doom:

Hahahahaha really? How do you know it was her? I had no indication as to where mine went, and I did not target Bif.

Hell of a parting gift, if so.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I mean, unless there's TWO civs with ability stealing personalities, and Bif was extremely focused on me, so it's a pretty easy guess to make.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

I'm in inclined to say scums is merk. TBH going into eod i really expected my read of scum team to be correct. Epsilon lunch felt good. :cry:

Same.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I agree with merk as a good starting point. I haven't reread stuff with the flips in mind yet but I will get around to it soon.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

Guess I look less scummy now for saying Epsilon's case wasn't cutting it for me.

Nothing here either. Nothing happened and I don't think nobody targeted me, either, if you did, well hope you weren't too bored.

I looked for artifacts but couldn't find any. Now if that means nobody else did, or if it was because someone else succeeded, can't tell.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I mean, unless there's TWO civs with ability stealing personalities, and Bif was extremely focused on me, so it's a pretty easy guess to make.

... I can't read. You are completely right. That was a good ability to have for town, too.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

Hahahahaha really? How do you know it was her? I had no indication as to where mine went, and I did not target Bif.

Hell of a parting gift, if so.

I think he's assuming it was stolen but I don't know that's how actions play out /what order things happen in in OAs games. Depending on the item it could have been popped/used?

The idea is that Bif stole the item (targeted) you but you weren't made aware of that, not that you targeted her.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

I think he's assuming it was stolen but I don't know that's how actions play out /what order things happen in in OAs games. Depending on the item it could have been popped/used?

The idea is that Bif stole the item (targeted) you but you weren't made aware of that, not that you targeted her.

Yeah yeah, I completely missed the line on Bif's personality, kinda assumed it was another "get x1 oneshot thingy". Disregard that, Plastic's right.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
kinda weird to have 4 players out the gate say in unison it's time to lunch merk but lol

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

kinda weird to have 4 players out the gate say in unison it's time to lunch merk but lol

##vote merk

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

He's not done much to warrant otherwise.

But.

I am starting to be kinda wary of mass-lunching people who aren't even coming here to defend themselves. We are two for two on wrong lunches on the same basis. First was a full lurker, second disappeared when everyone started mass-voting them and did not even make one token effort to come back.

I'd say the "lunch people who aren't contributting" strategy, while sound, isn't... exactly giving us results. We are snowballing on people and then they just bait on the game.

We need to take a step back and look at the drat game. There's no way all scum are lurking, numbers don't add. Some are playing just as much as townies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
For the record I’m pissed that nobody visited me last night. Especially after I made good on my promise to shell that something good would happen by visiting me