Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This sounds absolutely batshit, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay now it's time to figure out how the gently caress any of this works.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bifauxnen posted:

If it is, I am certain to win in Space Australia

The Space Spiders are the scariest part.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hal Insandenza posted:

They are no Space Anidav

You know I kinda agree with that but at least he's happy with his new kid. :3

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

If you have a night action that you really like, I strongly consider targeting me with it n1. As long as you don’t kill me, it will be cool. I don’t care what you do n2 and beyond, but n1 you absolutely need to target me.

Is this a Fanatic Materialist claim

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I think I know what Binus is up to and if he is town, it's a pretty good idea. Unless he's a scum PGO trying to murder all the power roles but that would just be loving hilarious.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Basically some poor bastard is going to misstep and then get jumped out of the game, that's usually how day 1 works.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay, gut feeling time. So after playing quite a few games with Bif, I've found her biggest tell is usually on day 1. Town Bif will put in a lot of effort and start aggressively sniffing out cases to try and drive discussion. Scum Bif just kinda sits back, adds a few comments here and there, and then will just sidle up to whatever case has the most votes. Like making those salient points about Somber and then going "nah let's kill the lurker."

##Vote: Bif

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also Merk hasn't gone after Bif at all yet which is loving weird.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bifauxnen posted:

Uh what salient points

Okay salient is the wrong word cause they actually aren't very good. Because going "OBVIOUSLY distorting how dare you be confident on D1" sounds like some poo poo merk would say, not Bif. And then following that up with "Eh no I could be horribly wrong let's kill the lurker instead" is just kind of... then why did you even make the post?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

God dammit Bif now I can't tell if you're still in shitpost mode or not. Also as we all know, you broke the world by not making me a mason last game so the jokes are dead. QQ.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Are you implying I actually read your posts, Merk? I'm offended.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yes, my whole threatening one vote out of two on you while the rest of the game is talking about Tom right now and there's no real discussion about or will to lunch you, Bif.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah, it's one of those dumb, emotional cases, but I really feel like this is scum Bif. Before I accused her, she was just kinda sitting around making idle, mostly jokey comments and not scum hunting. Town Bif is way more aggressive at scum hunting and guiding the conversation out of jokephase day 1. After that it's been a laser focus on me for apparently making bad fake cases? I appreciate the musical version of "Vote Plastic," but other than that she's sounding more like Merk than Bif. (Congrats on the vax though, hope Minifauxen is good too.) Hal just coming out of the woodlurk to drop a vote and then leave while still not adding anything to the conversation just makes this bother me more.

But eh. I've made my point, this isn't going anywhere right now, and there's less than two hours to go. I'll hop on the lurker train. (If Tom does show up, I'd also be fine with E+, Hal, or Sandwolf as they've also been in lurk mode.)

##vote: Tommunist

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyways, if I end up hanging for *checks notes* accusing Bif of being scum for acting like her scum game in Moon Colony, look at Hal for the lurk into jumping onto this with no reasoning and Somber for the blind "Oh yeah Bif's totally right" after Bif was trying to lightly bus him earlier. Grandicap seems town and Merk is.. well. Merk.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Like think about it. Why would I as scum, put a giant target on my back by calling out someone who's under zero scrutiny while people are focusing on a lurker vote.

Bifauxnen posted:

I [would like to course-correct if you're town buddy, but that whole "hmm now I can't tell if Bif is still shitposting or not" once I just started getting all excited seemed a bit far-fetched.

Could you possibly elaborate more on what you thought binus' good idea was? That could dismantle a decent chunk of my case.

I actually like the idea of giving a bunch more abilities to one person so he can use them all without having to spend a turn ethic shifting and doing nothing. If he's town, then it's just completely beneficial, and if he's scum, then they can still only use one and none of the ones that would presumably be copied are useful to scum. Or you know, he's PGO and murders a ton of people but that would just be hilarious.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Eh there hasn't been enough to go on yet, but Hal's up there for only suddenly coming out of his lurker shell at the last minute to start pushing this vote on me. Also not really fond of the Somber vote either but that's probably more OMGUS or whatever it's called. The rest I'd have to re-read.

Anyways, there's 20 minutes left so if we'd like to swap over before scum last minute hammers me in the name of getting a lunch I'd appreciate it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Thank you scum mason buddy. <3 We can continue our death match tomorrow, or maybe something else will pop out.

And yes, Merk, time to move.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I really hope I'm wrong about you, Bif.

..Also if we're going to get a lunch, people need to vote Tom now. I know there's several of you who have been posting in the last few minutes.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

:redhammer:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wait poo poo it's 8 to execute this isn't hammer at all

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Epsilon Plus posted:

well, no, we still need one more, but I like your enthusiasm

lol

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

anyways there's like 10 minutes left, I know Perpetual Idiot just posted and both Hal and Sandwolf were around a few minutes ago, there's no excuse.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

okay that's actually :redhammer: this time

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So while we wait for more night action results, I'd like to call out Hal and Somber (re-reading I do not like his sequence with Yami) for some actual thoughts rather than just lurking and voting for me with no actual reasoning beyond "Oh yeah I agree with Bif". E+ was also kinda content lurking, so I'd like some thoughts too.

Also Bif what did you do with your action last night?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

##vote somber

Talk to me Binus, what do you see?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Epsilon Plus posted:

do you anticipate a serious, verbose response, and if so, what's life like when you suffer from constant delusions

I can hope okay

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeesh. Started working on this and then SA goes down in the middle of it. Warning: Ramblings of a Madman ahead. So I've been thinking. There were multiple minimal content lurkers at the time things got settled on Tommunist as the lurker to focus on. Why was it Tommunist, and not one of the others who had posted even less? Now PI at least has the newbie shield, but Hal was almost non-existent at this point in the game.

Bif was the first to vote him, but it was joke phase, and that got quickly dropped. It was Merk who was the first vote that assigned Tommunist as the target.

merk posted:

I'll ##vote Tommu. If he's going to be actively here but just tossing out small farts to the thread, he can go.

Which on paper, is a vote that shouldn't ping me so much. If I know one solid fact about Merk, he hates lurkers and loves getting them off the board. However, two things really bother me here. One: Hal was even more absent, and Merk calls him out as being scummy two and a half hours before that. "Hal whiteknighting Yami without saying anything about who is scummy is scummy;" Two: He's been very low content and effort so far, I'm not going to leap to call Merk scum, but I feel like getting more out of him is going to be important, especially in relation to the hit attempt on Grandicap. After all, the only person Grandi really made a firm case on D1 is Merk, so I think he's really important to this puzzle. (And before anyone says it, yes I know he voted me, but he never really went into it and switched over to Tommunist to make sure we at least had a lunch.)

That vote was followed up by this though.

Toalpaz posted:

I didn't realize we only had 8 hours left, these posts make sense to me now.

I don't like voting the first few effort posts of the game. I dont think I'll be voting merk or grandicap. Grandicap can you replant your double vote?

Id hate to bully tommu but this is the truest thing I've read and most likely healthy for the game.

##vote tommu

Mae asked if I was serious about that sandwolf vote. I think what I voted on is a fine gut reason to vote someone day one. I'd be willing to vote sandwolf today.

...Now I really don't want to suspect Toalpaz because he saved my rear end earlier, and I could just be badly misreading them as usual. But a couple of things ping me about this post. One, Merk hadn't MADE any effort posts. The most we have from him to this point is a vote on Maerlyn, which he almost immediately walks back under the slightest questioning, and a post with three relatively empty points. It's really weird to commit to not lunching Merk off that little information.Um Two, the scum --- town list Toalpaz posted earlier where Tommunist is near the top and oddly enough Hal is listed as the towniest person there despite not showing up at all.

Bif is the third actually solid vote, but I've already poked that hornet's nest and don't really feel like going back in yet with no new information. The rest all seemed to show up just to get a lunch. I haven't played with Shell before, Maerlyn seems sincere in her vote, Grandicap makes sense, and I voted to save my own rear end. Not sure about E+ yet, but at least we got a lunch because he showed up.

I think this was a mostly town lunch, with at least one scum in the three people that started this, while the rest of the scum made sure to stay far away.

Binus is someone I can't really read yet, but seems to be claiming some kind of cop to clear Shell, and other than going "Well obviously Tom was town," I like what I've seen, especially now that he's actually explaining more of his thoughts in detail.
Yami was not around near deadline, but was doing actual case work on day 1.
Sandwolf was extremely low content and lurky day 1. Can't really read him yet.
Somber: Not around near deadline, extremely absent day 1 other than two extremely low effort bandwagons. I get the Ecco game excuse for day 1, but he's been going out of his way to defend Hal the past few posts. Odd.
Perpetual Idiot and Hal were BOTH around right near deadline.
-PI, I'm not sure on. Actually posted near deadline asking why Tommunist was the lurker vote, and then laughed at me joining in on it. Did not case a vote on either of the two big lunches, and has mostly seemed to be digging for reasons to doubt Grandicap and Binus. However, they are a newbie, so I don't really want to go in on them yet.
Hal was completely absent for most of the day, only showing up to hop on the lunch on me, and was definitely around near deadline. Didn't bother swapping over to avoid a no lunch. has been repeatedly trying to direct focus back on me over the actual information we've gained so far, and the fact that he went completely under the radar for the lurker target and has at least two people tripping over themselves to call him town is really weird.

##Vote: Hal

Will post more after dinner.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Eh. Not much pops out at me. Hal seems to have way too much trust for how little he's actually contributed to the game. Maybe I just don't know Hal's playstyle ,but it's weird how multiple people have gone "he's town" and Somber going "Hal would never try to kill Grandicap." with how little information we have.

Merk is really bothering me. He's made at least one joke about being suspect "oh yeah I"m gonna wait to hop on to make it look like a bus." He's doing no case work, hiding information and being annoyingly vague when referring to his win condition, and other than starting the Tommunist push he's just been sitting back and hopping from bandwagon to bandwagon.

Epsilon, I'm not seeing the case against him. I've re-read his day 2 content once already, and how quickly Merk hops onto it is giving me pause. Toal, can you explain why him over the rest of your list in a bit more detail?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wait is that an actual Vig shot going out

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

also everyone seems to have a secret power that they can use in lieu of one of the standard actions which is probably where the theft came from instead of you know, a secret ethic power. And since no one's fessing up to it, it's almost certainly scum.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Vig is listed as a town only power, so.

##Unvote

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bifauxnen posted:

Hello Plastic, nice to see you pop up for one isolated post again, did you see me talking earlier about your odd night action hinting that just went nowhere? And my asking now if anyone attempted to target me last night?

Did you attempt to target me last night, Plastic?

Hey you're the one who refused to engage in the first place, and I didn't think to try and bluff an answer out of you. Eh. As for the other question, yeah I did.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bifauxnen posted:

Ooh cool, thanks for that, but what do you mean refused to engage?!

"Hey Bif what'd you do."

"Something cool trust me."

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Well if I'm reading what he's putting down right, that does not in fact hard clear Hal. I am going to hope that Scum team didn't get a personality power for a day vig though and leave it at that.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bifauxnen posted:

Listen, I did get one really odd message last night so I'm mostly curious if that was you, or if you did something totally different I don't even know about

So to try and help you come up with a vague enough breadcrumb... Nothing bad seems to have happened to me so were you doing something that ended up benefitting me?

Or were you doing something in an attempt to ultimately benefit yourself?

I was checking up on you out of severe paranoia and you should know exactly what that was unless someone redirected things.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

:psyduck:

Anyways, Yami had a pretty decent case day one on Epsilon, but I'm not really seeing the rest. The most damning thing about Epsilon is that he's kinda gone off grid this cycle, but he was at least trying to dig into things before he vanished. I'll probably end up voting here just to get another lurker off the board. Toal, you've been one of the major people behind this lunch, can ya' give me some reasoning, cause I think I'm missing something.

Merk feels like a better vote and only his excuse about being on a trip with family to explain the lack of volume of posts is keeping me from just slamming a vote down here. He's not helping at all. He's been intentionally cagey about his win con, joking about making his votes look like bussing. His votes have been hopping on bandwagons, and he's done barely any case work.

I still don't like Bif. She's even admitted she's playing different than her usual town game, and yet her only votes that weren't the Tommunist lunch (Me and Maer) are based entirely off of people pointing out those same discrepancies, with another post going in on Somber for not recognizing her trying to solve the game. We'll probably be right back here tomorrow, but I'm going to wait for more information before jumping back into this hornet's nest.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'll let Maerlyn get her deadline thoughts in before hammering then.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

god loving dammit I thought it was seven to hammer I can't loving read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Alright, we're getting nothing else useful out of this day at this point, let's get it over with.

##Vote: E+