Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR VS SYDAL AND MARTIN 34 27.20%
JADE VS LEGIT 13 10.40%
DARBY VS CHAIRMAN 24 19.20%
COLE VS ELITE HUNTER 49 39.20%
2.0 VS MOX AND KING 5 4.00%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

tucker beating AEW in any under-50 category is sad but lol at ESPN documentaries

Women are extremely reactionary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

FakePoet posted:

I really liked it. I really enjoy that type of character in general; the "if I cheated, it's because I wanted to, not because I needed to" heel.

That's my sense of the character at the moment, anyway.

He's also really, really good at the whole wrestling thing.

The best poo poo in wrestling is when a heel tag team fakes a tag with a big loud clapping sound when they didn't even need to fake the tag, they were already in their corner.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

graph posted:

also idk if anyones mentioned it but andrade's promo was loving awesome

honestly I hope Chavo is just done now because I feel like he never added anything to Andrade and just made every segment worse

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

how dare you not pay proper respect to america's greatest friday night sport, texas high school football

this is also maction erasure

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Yeah number is good, but how about a new Shot of Brandi in two hours?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdVkmKRdNPs

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yeah number is good, but how about a new Shot of Brandi in two hours?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdVkmKRdNPs

Finally the REAL A-show returns.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

The best poo poo in wrestling is when a heel tag team fakes a tag with a big loud clapping sound when they didn't even need to fake the tag, they were already in their corner.
boss man used to do this even when the ref was looking right at him and i can’t work out if it’s dumb as gently caress or awesome or both

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

jesus WEP posted:

boss man used to do this even when the ref was looking right at him and i can’t work out if it’s dumb as gently caress or awesome or both

the answer is is that it rules

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

NutritiousSnack posted:

weird post

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

the answer is is that it rules

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
another win for the guys who say poo poo on cable

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He is now dubbed CM Punk Hoverhand Guy

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Glad to be a fan of the #1 wrestling company in the world.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Endless Mike posted:

He respects CM Punk's space

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1438602269612642309

rip dave

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

his hand is resting on the staph infection actually

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
glad to be a fan of wrestling again

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

IcePhoenix posted:

honestly I hope Chavo is just done now because I feel like he never added anything to Andrade and just made every segment worse

Tony (or maybe Jim) mentioned on commentary that Andrade sent Chavo packing and said it in a way that made it sound like he'd been fired completely rather than "Andrade and Chavo are on the outs, so we'll see where that goes". Agreed that Chavo didn't really add anything. It was kind of fun to see him pop up out of nowhere but Andrade doesn't really need a mouthpiece, and if you're going to give him one then Chavo is a bit of a weird choice since he was never a great promo guy anyway.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Flair there to translate/do Flair poo poo is enough.

ThePariah posted:

Glad to be a fan of the #1 wrestling company in the world.

The actual joy is that this is going to go on for months and we'll finally see if Vince can change. The answer is Obviously No, but this is going to be what confirms it: knowing that for weeks and weeks on end AEW is going to win and grow, if he's going to try and stop them momentum with more than nightcalls to Dominos.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

glad to be a fan of wrestling again

Wrestling is good :)

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

NutritiousSnack posted:

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1220367309157683203?s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought the first two appearances for Chavo were really good, but his guest commentary was bad. But a lot of WWE brained people stink at that. I would love for him to slink back for a couple of weeks as a completely spineless weasel who was ok being humiliated.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
Someone in last week's AEW thread asked for fan art. I couldn't get to sleep last night/this morning because I was compelled to finish this for y'all.

Speedy recovery, Julia!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Women love Tucker Carlson and fear the vaccine will make their men's testicles too large; Vince is on the crusp of this and is going to make a storyline exploiting this and putting himself back on top!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

And that's with ~8 hours notice that Big E was going to cash in

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Somebody has to compare the demo and splits for both main events....for my knowledge of course

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

a cyborg mug posted:

Wrestling is good :)

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Once again, seriously: WWE isn't going out of bussiness soon, but they are in loving trouble. Their core audience is sleepy, bitter old people now. That's not sustainable (because they are OLD)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
If WWE can become a better place for the wrestlers and a better product for the fans to watch because AEW is whipping so hard right now then I'm all for it. But something tells me that this won't really happen for a while.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
WWE is in trouble. Just wait a decade until they could possibly feel any meaningful repercussions from any action they take

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Just wait a decade until they could possibly feel any meaningful repercussions from any action they take

Every prospect's contract number just went loving up my man.

IGgy IGsen posted:

better product for the fans to watch because AEW is whipping so hard right now then I'm all for it.

Now THIS ain't happening (probably). Vince's brain is melted ice cream and his current band of yes man aren't interested in a better product. Things getting slightly better for wrestlers in the WWE is what is going to happen down the line because it doesn't vastly conflict with his insane worldview or thought process however.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 16, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NUMBER
:woop:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Is there a list anywhere of who is currently not wrestling due to injury in AEW?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Hanes/status/1438606323449581574?s=20

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
^^^It's so nice seeing brands wanting to be in on this stuff and not treating AEW like it's toxic and don't want to be associated with it

Just noticed this tweet...

https://twitter.com/tntdrama/status/1438317442606899204

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I’m so excited Tony is finally giving us the rematch we’ve all been dreaming of:

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt vs John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gXgS5vo6V8&feature=youtu.be

I’ll be super disappointed if they don’t give us a thumb wrestling match this time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

Once again, seriously: WWE isn't going out of bussiness soon, but they are in loving trouble.

No they aren’t

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Astro7x posted:

^^^It's so nice seeing brands wanting to be in on this stuff and not treating AEW like it's toxic and don't want to be associated with it

Just noticed this tweet...

https://twitter.com/tntdrama/status/1438317442606899204

It's too bad Dustin no longer has any interest in saying the s-word.
I was pulling for him.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

4 balls… on the edge of a cliff