Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

And I'd be lying if I said I didn't look into getting a Pocket C.H.I.P. just for PICO-8. I would love a dedicated handheld.

Never thought I'd see people discussing the PocketCHIP these days! I have one and wouldn't recommend it. The buttons are incredibly uncomfortable to use after a few minutes. They're basically little metal dimples and you have to use a lot of force to push them. It's a great way to give yourself carpal tunnel. People used to suggest buying little silicon adhesive bumpers but I could never find ones that covered the buttons well enough.

Also, after a few years the plastic covering has started to curl at the edges and the power button barely works anymore, sometimes when I turn it on it fails to boot and since I can't shut it down and the power button doesn't work I have to wait until the battery drains.

In fact I just dug mine out of the closet, and it turns on but doesn't boot, which means it needs to be reflashed. Sometimes if you don't use it for too long the memory gets corrupted and you need to wipe it. Which means I need to dig up the last firmware and flashing utility released before the company went under, yadda yadda.

It was a cool idea at the time but I wouldn't spend money on one of these things in 2021.

Once I've rescued mine I'll see what I had in my favorites. There was this one sloth endless runner game with kickass music that I can still hear in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU