Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

:sickos:

Let the bad times roll.
Edit: It even has that new thread smell, y'know?

Ssthalar has issued a correction as of 18:45 on Sep 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

ok i gotta get back to work so :effort: i'm done i guess

Yesss

YEESSSS

Ssthalar has issued a correction as of 06:52 on Sep 17, 2021

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

MightyBigMinus posted:

i sit here with an empty post box trying to think of whats left to say that can still be written in plaintext on a public board

pretty much only one thing left

lol, lmao

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

A common thought of the depressive is "I hate the world, I hate everyone, I hate myself"; it's the same for the perpetually angry, but one clause shorter.

Spite, sadly, can only keep you going for so long.
But Hate..
Oh such lovely hate, burning itself into the mind until nothing else remains.

HATE!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Here's some tunes for the apocalypse

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Rime posted:

Dying crops, spiking energy bills, showers once a week. In South America, the climate future has arrived.

The Panaras River.

The Urus del Lago Poopó Indigenous community sits along the salt-crusted former shoreline of Lake Poopó in Punaca, Bolivia. Bolivia's second-largest lake dried up six years ago. 

"Bolivia's second-largest lake dried up six years ago."
Lol! Lmao!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

bagual posted:

all the plastic poisoning talk reminded me of a thing

gently caress this.
Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Tekne posted:

crazed eyes dart wildly over a dead blasted landscape

THERE ARE NO SINS IF THERE ARE NO MEN!

*blows up the megadome and every soul within*

THE CRIME IS LIFE!
THE SENTENCE IS DEATH!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

I am going to become insane.

Believe me, that's not going to be any better.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

God Hole posted:

i am become insane, perceiver of world

Gaze upon my madness and Lmao

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Why eliminate that which you can turn into forced labor?

Bring out the Nerve stabling!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Mameluke posted:

Have fun buying bondage gear in the deindustrialized future lmao

LMAO, just use car tires!
It all comes back to car tires in the end!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Nice bottleneck they got there.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It owns that they came up with this entire discipline and started this project and this was the best they could do and then they gave up.

To this day people have already forgotten that the whole "nothing valued is here" spiel was supposed to be a description of the feelings the environment/warnings created to protect the radioactive dump were intended to evoke and not a literal written message to the future. It hasn't even been a century. What a complete and utter failure.

It honestly depresses me sometimes how half-assed and pointless this effort was. Nuclear semiotics should have been one of contemporary humankind's greatest contributions to future civilizations. A mixture of science, art, reverse archeology, and psychology intended to last hundreds of thousands of years undiluted. Our opportunity to create the inscrutable alien ruins we've spent hundreds of years imagining in books and movies. Instead it's a lovely internet joke about "ray cats" that couldn't be further from a believable solution, which we put barely any effort into, that absolutely no one will remember in a few hundred years.

At least some of the landscape proposals were kind of cool. I would stay away from this area if I found it.

I think that if I stumbled across that in a desert, it would be a perfect place to stay for a while since there's copious amounts of shade there.
Hell, toss up some tarps or hides and you could quickly make it into a small impromptu settlement.
Now you just need to dig for water and...

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I saw that. There has to be a "chicken switch," so I wonder how soon until you get Twitch/YouTube daredevils who go through the motions just to see if they can cheat the reaper and bail out of the suicide box before they pass out, while getting a :catdrugs: high in the process.

mcbexx posted:

Wire the button to a channel points reward and let chat decide your fate.
LOL you are dead.

Or better yet, make it a donation goal so everyone or no one is guilty.

"Thank you xXWeedlord420BonerhitlerXx for giving me 5 more seconds to live" I mumble as I slip into eternity.

Ssthalar has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Dec 6, 2021

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Ahahahahaha, where'd you find that?

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

The Protagonist posted:

'meltwater pulse', whilst meaningless to me as a layperson, rings with the same opaque foreboding as 'resonance cascade'

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Complications posted:

It's the kind of event that raises sea levels by 25m or more, and done on a natural cycle takes a couple centuries to play out. It'll be interesting to see how fast we can speedrun one.

Man, my homecountry is going to be completely underwater when that happens.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

You sort of, kinda, in a weird roundabout way, have to admire just how thoroughly we're hosed.
Every stupid, shortsighted, greedy decision we've ever made is now doubling back and ramming itself up our collective asses at the same time.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

That Spooky Witch posted:

pretty sure we're trying pretty drat hard

i've seen people saying "i want to die" while trying to overdose that aren't trying as hard as humans are at destroying any hope for a livable climate

I'm lolling rn at the thought of those eleven loving years of psychotic depression where I spent every single day wishing for a death that would never come.
But now where i have a happy (but old) dog to pet and meds to keep the psychosis at bay, life became good and ahahahaAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!

THE WORLD WILL BURN AND ITS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN I'M loving LUCID AND I'M SO loving PISSED FUCKFUCKFUCK

Edit: I'm so loving tired of watching the world slowly but steadily spiral into oblivion.

Ssthalar has issued a correction as of 23:24 on Dec 14, 2021

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Its late and my meds have run out, I should sleep but I can't because who the gently caress knows, probably all the ffffffucking plastics.
Tomorrow will be another good and shining day where I can take my meds and pet my dog and ignore the woes of the world for a few hours.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

splifyphus posted:

you don't know. you don't know what will work and what won't. you don't know the future. you don't know poo poo.

Right back at ya friend.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

splifyphus posted:

gently caress all of you. just loving die already.

I've been waiting over 30 years for death to finally claim me.
What's a couple more among good company?

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Thank you for this song, its nice.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It's the return of The Big Post.

Ah, just the right dose of misery to send us off into the new year. :discourse:
Well done.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

:yeshaha:

The sea will reclaim all of our filth, regardless if there's still life in it or not!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I honestly had trouble following who did and didn't want one (because I am very stupid), so for the sake of my sanity just quote this post if you want a sixer with a bdelloid rotifer as the image

Give me one for the road and another for the end of the world.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

What if I'm already happy

Then you wouldn't be posting in here.

Edit: VVVV-- I deserve that one.

Ssthalar has issued a correction as of 20:38 on Jan 24, 2022

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Finally.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Come on in, the water's fine.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Comatoast posted:

Every purchase for either need or pleasure, every item shipped, every morsel of food and every evening spent in warmth and comfort are only serving to hasten the end of all this. I can't take up new hobbies, or get that cool 3d printer, or buy new computers, or drive 10 minutes down the road to my local trail system without feeling immense guilt. The contrast between what is my moral duty and what I'm actually doing is absolutely debilitating.

I've always liked the idea of possessionless monks. A life of quiet, still introspection rather than distraction. Though, the older I get the less I can handle anything religious.

Frustrating, isn't it?

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Car Hater posted:

*Hearing the "nuclear launch detected" alert and drooling like a dog*

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

actionjackson posted:

living with dread and despair isn't exactly the healthiest though

Everyone should live with a little dread and despair. As a treat.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Hubbert posted:

I am not asking you to have hope for the future. I am asking you to go beyond hope, and into the realm of meaningful action and purpose- whatever that might mean for you.

Only then will you find any sort of spiritual salvation.

That's an interesting way of saying "Work will set you free". :v:

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Everyone posting here is a lib except me

Hey now, some of us just want to see the world burn.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

bedpan posted:

Remember the Svalbard Global Seed Vault?

Great laughs in the faq

Lmao

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Confusedslight posted:

Think I've been in denial without thinking I've been in denial. I knew on a fundamental level the quality of life is going to get worse, but if those posts are anything to go by. Well there's no other word than gently caress.

It's incredible how many things we don't think of, that will def. get so much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007