Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hello new thread

please enjoy this happy upbeat song on this blessed day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGKc3T7OVHE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if u dont want to watch all 69 hours of nature abhors a dome, here's a quick summary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM0uZ9mfOUI

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

mediaphage posted:

fingers still crossed for a carrington event!

a couple weeks ago everyone started losing phone service across canada for a few hours and I was legitimately hyped for a catastrophic coronal mass ejection

what is wrong with me

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

mediaphage posted:

lmao what i didn't hear about this

it basically didnt hit news, just twitter which i checked whenever i got a signal for a few minutes

i posted about it in the canada thread but nobody gave a poo poo lol

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

this isn't foreboding at all
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1439227794563686404

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I stay hydrated with a steady stream of vodka and coffee, the proper way to quench ur thirst

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rah! posted:

do i really have to wait multiple weeks before i get to die again

u have to wait at least a full season before u get to die again and be replaced with whatever actor the studio thinks will rate better with target demographics

im on to your tomfoolery, time lord

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the most disappointing thing about all this is that all of my personal sacrifices* were in vain

*meatless mondays once a month

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's a little weird how every time someone pops into the thread to ask if there's hope to do something about this everyone trips over each other to say "no" in their own way. You'd think once is enough but people really feel compelled to be the bearers of this bad news. I know I've done it but I'm not really sure why. It almost feels good to do it. Something's going on but maybe it's just that misery loves company.:shrug:

i do it sometimes as a screening method, if someone ditches the thread immediately after 5 or 6 people chime in with "lol were hosed prepare ur skeleton for freedom" then they aren't hip enough for the thread where we joke about our looming extinction

it's like a secret club except the only thing keeping people out is their own fear and denial, and the club is unimaginably depressing

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Alobar posted:

the Big Cricket industry engineered this all from the start, the whole "oil" thing was a ruse, a red herring

darn it I knew Big Cricket was responsible for all this

that greasy bastard had it all planned out

edit:

Mola Yam posted:

i'm not vegetarian (and def not vegan, hmu with vegan butter/cheese recommendations though), but due to my wife going quasi-buddhist i've been 99.9%+ meat-free for a few years now (fried chicken like twice a year), and i have to admit it was a bit of a mental hurdle at first, but i got over it in like no time. i've found one reliable brand of vegetarian meatballs that are fantastic, and same with vegetarian chicken schnitzels, but that's about as much as i gently caress around with simulacra meat. lucky to live in a city with lots of, uh, "ethnic" grocers, so access to ingredients isn't a problem.

for vegetarian things I dig virtually every recipe on this site here: https://buddhisttemple.ca/taste-of-zen/view-recipes/ but if your wife has been doing semi-buddhism for awhile already then you've probably already seen it. I cook with a lot of beans, lentils (are these beans too? who the gently caress knows, it's a secret to everyone), tofu etc but so far the best meat substitute i've found for anything saucey is paneer though it's absolutely not vegan, think cheese with a chicken texture if done right

paneer aside, you can make seitan real easy if you have access to flour, water and hands, not a high barrier of entry considering most goons have an above average number of hands and flour is like five dollars a ton

the other fake meat pro tip is make your taco filling out of textured soy protein, if you get the little tiny chunks you can dress it up to be indistinguishable from taco bell which has the side benefit of raising a lot of questions about what taco bell uses in their meat

blatman has issued a correction as of 11:35 on Sep 24, 2021

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

your feeble bullets will merely bounce off my impenetrable dome kingdom

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if the red dots are nukes then north dakota is gonna get hit with more nukes than it has people

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ughhhh posted:

https://inhabit.global/

Stay quite. Gather a crew. Get ready for the new world.

i'm pretty sure this is an op designed by letter agency interns that accidentally got pushed live instead of shelved for being too obvious

like this is on the same level as the red paint thing that extinction rebellion did

the mailing list option might as well just be a "please monitor everything I do" button

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Car Hater posted:

Lol fine I'll run the imaginary person over with my bike instead, as if it matters. The domes aren't coming to save us.

if you think about it, the biosphere is the first dome, the die from which all subsequent domes are cast, and it's failing us

dome will not bring you salvation, dome brings nothing but content and death

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Most of the world's potash gets exported by Camada and comes from Saskatchewan. Many potash mines in Saskatchewan are now owned by Chinese companies. So again this is a great opportunity to lol and lmao

:canada:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

me and the gang getting ready to poo poo in some dome vents

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

it's unamerican to run your molten salt reactor on anything but clean coal

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/10/4/plane-crashes-into-building-in-milan-8-people-killed

this billionaire has done more to combat climate change than I can hope to accomplish in my natural lifespan :cheerdoge:

this is good however i'm still lolling at whoever posted that helicopters are technically the most successful green technology because of how often they crash, killing their rich passengers

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

there is still hope guys

we can come up with bleak fantasy-dystopia sounding names for newly climate-devastated regions based on what flavour of destruction they incur, I plan on calling the soggy remains of california "the depths of hubris" and because the internet is still working we can share this with others all over the globe!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rime posted:

Just to be clear I've been doing a bit all day, I haven't spontaneously developed Lib-brain.

i was just catching up on unread posts and when i realized you were the one posting that garbage i thought i was having a stroke

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

what’s goku got to do with anything

hes going to final flash the carbon out of the atmosphere

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

thread speed will follow trends similar to that of the ever-increasing wildfires

posts will become more and more frequent until they rapidly screech to a halt due to fuel being spent faster than it can replenish (the fuel is humans with internet access / power / not being skeletonized)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

LionArcher posted:

I would but I’ve been probed enough in that thread and their mod legit makes me angry because they’re basically like “our hands our tied and don’t say the bad words because the FBI watches our every move guys! and please act like “ reasonable adults who enjoy the boot of an insane system pressing down in your neck and talk like civilized people. cut it ouutttt”.

and I am really enjoying deep diving on mechanical keyboards this week and if I’m probed I can’t ask questions of the group buy/switches I’m ordering this week and I’m seeing Bond tonight and Metroid Dread comes out tomorrow and I like nerding out about those things here.

the best in life is to crush your posting enemies, see them driven before you, and hear that awesome clicky clack of a good keyboard

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

climate collapse won't be a big deal, we can just grow crops in the arctic when it gets hot enough!

i'm sure nobody will fight over who has the rights to grow lovely corn in the lovely mush under the lovely melted arctic permafrost, we'll all just band together and cooperate! if there's one thing modern governments are good at, it's setting aside differences and cooperating for the benefit of all

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Conspiratiorist posted:

It is and you were born into it.

if I remember sunday school, when you're in hell you know what sins you're atoning for. here you're just arbitrarily poo poo on

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Raine posted:

golf courses like the ones in scottsdale are swarming with cops and security cameras n all that

it's fort knox poo poo

you'd have an easier time pulling off a bank heist probably

what if u heist the bank and use the money to buy the golf course and turn it into affordable housing

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Has anyone come forward as having bought the ad for this or having made the video? It was very good.

cspam willed into existence once we reached a critical mass of doomposting

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Dolphin posted:

jesus christ i can't sit through this. not because i disagree with what he's saying, but because this person is loving insufferable

I find their voice relaxing

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

don't mind me just building a space escalator into the side of trash mountain so we can baseball pitch garbage bags into the void

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

dont mind me just practicing for the acid water by chugging vinegar while attempting to draw a fish from memory

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Even in the terrifying news of our imminent demise there's cause to be optimistic. Once the public finds out about it they will demand that action be taken and the politicians will respond. This will galvanise us into one unified world and we will face the challenges this century has placed before us together.

i'm pretty sure this is a bit but i'm worried it's not

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

mcbexx posted:

Just feel pity for the rubes who will think they got a killer deal by buying some rich assholes beach house for like 50% under market value in this crazy crazy market.

i feel envy for future people who have the gumption to buy those houses when they're like 90% under market value then stripping them of copper / anything valuable and reselling it for a profit before the ocean comes to reclaim them

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

bobmarleysghost posted:

90% of the ocean dying in 25 years is truly amazing

i wonder which 10% of marine life will be left

1 extremely large squid is all that will remain and he will sustain himself on the fruits of our hubris (plastic coke bottles and garfield phones)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i dont see how anyone can think the oceans will tip when earth is a potato shape, u cant tip a potato it just rolls

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Laterite posted:

lol if we go to war with china to duck out of our debt and with mexico to duck out of our water treaty

lol if these both happen and the us doesnt bother going to war with canada to duck out of the lumber debt because nobody cares about it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

can u make onion beer

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

God Hole posted:

remember when coca cola subjected the world to a months-long media blitz about how healthy vitamin water was, then when all the health bloggers came out of the woodwork after a while to say hey actually this poo poo is bad for you coca cola was like "yup lol you got us" but it had achieved market saturation by then so now we just have a lovely sugar drink called vitamin water in every store

lol I had no idea about the vitamin water thing but get dunked on consumers trying to be healthy:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-dark-side-of-vitaminw_b_669716

quote:

In a staggering feat of twisted logic, lawyers for Coca-Cola are defending the lawsuit by asserting that "no consumer could reasonably be misled into thinking vitaminwater was a healthy beverage."

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

fanfic insert posted:

Kept hearing of plastic surgery all my life but it turns out it's just plastic interrupting my brain functions with surgical precision.

if I remember right, being fully infused with microplastics can sometimes result in breast augmentation

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i haven't been able to read the last 1200 posts

can i assume it's not that bad yet

relatively speaking no its not that bad yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez