Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Super stoked thinking about what winter is going to be like after losing my electricity for a week last year since Texas has done gently caress all to get ready for the next round. Especially during an energy crisis. Lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Xaris posted:

if you haven't seen it, Miracle Mile kicks rear end. one of the best 80s movies imo. also very cspam

Watched this earlier today because of this thread. I have no idea how I'd never heard of it before, but I really dug it. Thanks for the recommendation!

e: it's free with ads on Tubi

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

it is a blast to watch this film high as poo poo in a dark room

i get to see this on the big screen this week :sickos:

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Dokapon Findom posted:

I've posted bits and pieces of it but it really must be watched in its entirety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmsTZAF1F-o

Watching it you really do get a sense of how resource-intensive every aspect of our lifestyle is- even when this was made, when we had achieved peak mechanical efficiency- is still fully dependent on "cheap" fossil fuels to keep the game going

I got to see Koyaanisqatsi on the big screen a few weeks ago and it was incredible. I hadn't seen it in awhile.

I also couldn't stop lol-ing internally at how much worse everything is 40 years later.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
My parents retired and moved to Pennsylvania last summer. I was a little bit worried about how they'd manage during their first winter since they're both lifelong southerners. But it actually ended up being pretty pleasant for the past couple of months so everything is going great :)