Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
There was supposed to be more time... all the time in the world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Gravid Topiary posted:

last year was very very dry where i live and i was cleaning out some of my parents stuff and i left a bunch of empty Rubbermaid totes outside to air out the mustiness

one evening there was a very brief rainstorm, enough to leave about an inch of water in these totes it turned out, and then the next day when i went out to dump the rainwater out i found that dozens and dozens of mice, insanely desperate for water, had climbed into these totes and drowned en masse because they couldn't climb back out

i dug a hole and poured maybe 30 drowned mice into it and then i didn't do much but think for the rest of the day

It's the circle of life, get over it doomer

Please get over it, because someone has to and I sure as poo poo am not up to the task

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
We're not even into the first mad max movie yet and this dude is going full fury road

Lmao Arizona is going to go away

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

PostNouveau posted:

Now Louisiana is burning down and towns are being evacuated

https://twitter.com/chaston_tavares/status/1694833853372715087

Very weird for Louisiana to have wildfires at all much less ones this bad oh well I'm sure it's nothing

https://twitter.com/robperillo/status/1694449843597438981

It's summer, swamps are supposed to burn down, sweaty

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Dokapon Findom posted:

What even is the green bug thing??? :confused:

Thawed out of a glacier. Probably nothing.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Finally, the Greek alphabet is coming home

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Fell Mood posted:

Maybe I should revisit my answer, because a difference between cspam and other goons may simply be a willingness to look at material reality, which may be a trait that is forced upon you at a young age. Wealth insulates from material reality. Did cspam grow up poorer than the average goon?

It's hard to say "things will get better, we'll figure it out" when dinner is 2 slices of buttered toast again in the trailer park.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

YaketySass posted:

There's a prevalence of therapy concerns in climate discussions ("Give me a reason to live" from that stupid NYT interview is a good summation) that I feel will keep getting bigger in the first world as reality sets in. Climate change is real, but it's important for my mental health to act as if it's not. So what do you do when its consequences intrude into everyone's life?

Eat a steak about it, apparently

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

starkebn posted:

I have lived to see man-made treats beyond my comprehension

:blessed:

Thread title

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
Mmm, Kentucky fried milf

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Dokapon Findom posted:

Yeah it's the birds that are freaking me out- they should either be further south or further north and I don't think they know which they need to be either.

lol

Fact: bdells eat bdeets

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Salt Fish posted:

Local shop is giving away a pair of skis for free if you buy a bike.

The bike will be useful longer, that sounds like a cute little giveaway

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
Ok, I'm an actual cheesemonger, you guys are all talking past each other. Parmiggiano-Reggiano is a protected origin Italian cheese, and it's manufactured in 90 pound wheels. Parmesan is the cheap knockoff stuff that is then tumbled with cellulose. Please buy the real deal stuff, it's so much better for you and better tasting. There's going to be micro plastics in any of them because there's plastic in literally everything now, including milk, which cheese is made from.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Erghh posted:

cheese is counter-revolutionary :colbert:

Cheese is peasant food, it's absolutely the food of the proletariat, Haven't you ever heard of a plowman's lunch?

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Hubbert posted:

Which cheese will give me the most microplastics?

Make a grilled cheese out of kraft singles, don't open the sleeves

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Harold Fjord posted:

:thunk:

Biosphere collapses isn't even real it's just a bunch of individual bad choices made by cows and fish

The planet is doomed because the salmon refuse to recycle the plastic we dump in the ocean

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

Did microplastics write this post???

Apparently.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

swamp thong posted:

i'm really glad that there's nothing i could do personally that would make any difference. all that is asked of me is i keep generating value for shareholders and i can enjoy just a little bit of treats

Finally, the ur-lib has arrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
Flayed by hurricane Bobby