Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It might be Waffle House, but the hashbrowns are king. According to the Waffle House website, each year they sell 153 million orders of hashbrowns, compared to just 124 million waffles! The latest numbers say that since 1955, 2,109,734,937 orders of hashbrowns have been served versus 1,701,092,584 waffles.

There's no right or wrong way to order your hashbrowns, from plain (hardly plain, since they're amazing), to all the way which includes all of the below options. Some people will have a different combination every time, some people are steadfast that their combo is the only true way. There is of course, salt, pepper and hot sauce available at the table so you can add even more sodium or customize your spice level. Those options:

Scattered - Every hashbrown order is scattered on the grill, idiot.
Smothered - Cooked with grilled onions.
Covered - Topped with a slice of melty American cheese. If you're getting a large or triple order, you'd better go for double or triple covered.
Chunked - Chunks of grilled ham.
Diced - Grilled tomatoes. I've never gone this route.
Peppered - Grilled jalapenos.
Capped - Topped with grilled mushrooms.
Topped - Served with famous Bert's chili - beans, tomato, onions, sausage and just a bit of spice.
Country - A big ole heap of sausage gravy on top.

And for the bravest, you can go All The Way and get all of the options piled high.

Typically, I'll go scattered, smothered, covered and chunked. A bit of added protein and delicious all around. Every once in a while I might add jalapenos. Occasionally I'll go for scattered, covered and topped for those real hearty hashbrowns. Every order, regardless, is getting generous helpings of pepper and hot sauce.

Choose your fighter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This does sound prettyyyy good. There are two Waffle Houses in town but I haven't talked anyone else into going with me to one.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Rick posted:

This does sound prettyyyy good. There are two Waffle Houses in town but I haven't talked anyone else into going with me to one.

Buddy, let me tell you, I've eaten alone at Waffle House plenty of times. They have counter seating and you seat yourself!

If the counter is full, or you'd just prefer not to sit next to a stranger, just go sit in a booth, no one cares! In fact, last time I ate at the Waffle House I was by myself, didn't want to sit at the counter, so I took a booth. But if you show up and groups and families are waiting to sit, don't be selfish and hog the booth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHPLxppm6DI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bct8stbZafI

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 17, 2021

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I've been to North Carolina twice.

Each time, I visited a Waffle House.

I am extremely disappointed that they do not exist in the north. <:mad:>

I'd have to look at the menu to see how I got my hash browns but it doesn't really matter, I ordered them in a way that I'd want 'em and they slapped.

Thread delivers.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
double plate, scattered well*, chunked, diced, peppered

* - well done. they're usually pretty mushy and this provides some nice crisp

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I have also eaten at waffle house alone. Sometimes it's like 11pm and you realize you want some hash browns or a cheese omelette or whatever

I'm an all the way guy OP, at least most of the time when I only order that + a couple eggs ogre easy

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Triple order, cheese, gravy, add 2 over easy eggs on top.

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 17, 2021

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

god drat

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

pro starcraft loser posted:

I salute the foresight to include a biscuit to soak up the remaining egg and gravy after the hashbrown portion is complete.

e: If it was me I'd take the eggs over medium so I had just a bit more egg to actually bite into.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 17, 2021

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Chief McHeath posted:

I salute the foresight to include a biscuit to soak up the remaining egg and gravy after the hashbrown portion is complete.

e: If it was me I'd take the eggs over medium so I had just a bit more egg to actually bite into.

This was just a double order of hashbrowns so I thought I needed the biscuit. I didn't. My blood still got pretty viscous for a few hours.

But the runny yolk is crucial.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chief McHeath posted:

Buddy, let me tell you, I've eaten alone at Waffle House plenty of times. They have counter seating and you seat yourself!

If the counter is full, or you'd just prefer not to sit next to a stranger, just go sit in a booth, no one cares! In fact, last time I ate at the Waffle House I was by myself, didn't want to sit at the counter, so I took a booth. But if you show up and groups and families are waiting to sit, don't be selfish and hog the booth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHPLxppm6DI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bct8stbZafI

All right you have convinced me, next time I am driving home from the woods and it is not pandemic times I am going to stop at Waffle House instead of Dennys.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

eggs ogre easy

sounds spooky!

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
God drat

Maybe one day America will be habitable/I'll be allowed to leave my prison colony and get to clog my arteries at a waffle house

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Covered, chunked, topped. We used to pile on godless amount of condiments on it in college and called it the "Gutbuster".

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

smothered and peppered. enjoy that lovely breath afterwards.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The nearest Waffle House is 240 miles away :smithicide:

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Smothered, covered, chunked and peppered.

You win the thread. Goddamn that looks good.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I've always been a grits guy with some cheese or jam on top mood depending but

god drat
i think im going to waffle house this weekend...

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
Scattered, smothered, chunked, well done.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

gently caress yeah. i got utterly trashed in Dallas a few years back while visiting my brother (he and his room mate cooked an entire turkey and several steaks, and they had a handle of whiskey). the hangover that followed was soothed somewhat by that exact order of hash

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I went to Waffle House for the first time this week, I've found my hash brown order. Double serving, smothered and peppered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Smothered, covered, and peppered.

Goddamn I love waffle house, saved my rear end after Hurricane Florence in 2018.