Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Looking forward to see what fun we can have in this thread, I'm the union rep/steward at my retail workplace, and one of the toughest parts is beating "grind" culture out of people's heads and making them accept that taking sick days is something they're allowed to do(Denmark technically has no limit on sick days except that over three in a row, the workplace can demand a doctor's note). It tends to have a pretty stable evolution in their minds.

Stage One: "But taking sick days is lazy and unfair to my employer!"

Stage Two: "Okay, so it's not unfair to my employer, but it's unfair to my coworkers who have to work harder!"

Stage Three: "Hang on, the reason we're working on threadbare staffing and a single sick day makes things collapse is because my employer is a dogshit cheapskate. gently caress them. It's not my fault."

Oh, and, I'd recommend Eric Schlosser's "Reefer Madness" and "Fast Food Nation" if we're recommending literature that will make people upset at abusive capitalism.

Also also, just to add more "what have unions ever done for you?" in Denmark we have no national minimum wage, unions define the minimum wage for their specific sectors and are the source of 1/6th of the yearly paid days off you get, as well as pretty much all existing limits on how your employer can schedule your work, AND your protections against getting fired without warning.

PurpleXVI fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU