Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I am once again predicting Tetsuya Naito to win the G1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

These two have incredible chemistry

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Last time Shingo Takagi wrestled Zack Sabre Jr. was in wXw in 2009 in the 16 Carat Gold semifinal.

Shingo went on to beat Drake Younger in the finals of that tournament lmao

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why was Tanga Loa wearing an EC3 shirt?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just an extra reminder for people who may have skipped over it in Thauros's post and especially for Jerusalem who forgets it every single time but it's a Sunday so the show starts in ONE HOUR.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

We're fighting with the real swords!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, I was wondering if they hosed up his name yesterday or they're getting two new referees in

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

So long as he doesn't go too house of torture I'm digging murder machine sho so far

lol if EVIL is the only one in the faction who needs the bullshit interference though

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This is the funniest entrance theme ever I love it so much

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This was one of the best G1 matches last year. Can the Headhunter repeat that miracle?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yujiro Takahashi is the true HOT Leader

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This should be a squash

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That was pretty good

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That was really good

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi going 9-0 friends

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Who won? I had to leave

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think Taichi/Goto is actually one of the weaker pairings for both men in ring which is a shame because a) they're both great and you'd think they'd pair off well and b) their characters play off each other well. I thought it was a good match in spite of that and think they'll both have better matches throughout the tournament. It's a shame Taichi's best opponents are in the other block though

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Once again my prediction that Naito will win the G1 falls flat

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

I know Shingo's in that block, but I have to feel like Naito leaving and Ibushi winning the last two G1s means that there's room for them to get weird with the block winner. Gimme an Ishii or Zack finalist, you coward.

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1440194305579118592?s=19

Make lemons out of lemonade imo

e: i totally hosed that up but won't change it because it made me laugh and is more accurately describing what NJPW does recently

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ZSJ's next match being Shingo is pretty perfect for this situation though. You've got the angry champion going up against the cocky prick who just put his best friend on the shelf.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Not seen the match but it sounds more like Naito put himself on the shelf

For sure but in story they've got to say ZSJ did it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Is Tanahashi/Goto really the opener on that show??

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/jt_sports/status/1440563403655839750?s=19

Wonder if NJPW could try and get the G1 final as one of these trial events or if it would even be worth it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

The American Dragon is back, the G1 is on today and tomorrow, and Rampage is on Friday. gently caress yeah.

Wednesday: American Dragon
Thursday: Rampage Dragon
Friday: Rampage

What does it mean?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The commentators keep saying everyone gets 2 points from Naito forfeiting but that is WRONG. Only Tanga has those two points because there's still a chance of a double forfeit which is 0 points each.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

So there are two new referees. This is Taito again.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My friend applied to be a NJPW referee and they told him he was too short lmao

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Z1 CLIMAX

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bryan Danielson is going to have a hard time taking his award back

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SANADA vs Tama Tonga somehow being a great match is a sign that maybe this cursed G1 is also simultaneously blessed.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There was a high school kid on my train telling his friends that Zack beat Naito and Shingo so he is "of course" going to win the G1 and I wish I could go back to thinking about pro wrestling like that instead of how it would be bad business to run that match in the Tokyo Dome or whatever.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Here is Zack Sabre Jr.'s fantasy booking for WK16

Night 1: Dangerous Tekkers successfully defend the tag team titles in the main event
Night 2: ZSJ defeats Will Ospreay to shut Ospreay up for good in the main event
Night 3: ZSJ once again defeats Shingo and becomes Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion in the main event

Then his first challenger will be Bryan Danielson who he will beat (presumably in the main event of some other show)

https://twitter.com/okamotospo/status/1441210365363163140?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I think they realised there are so many bc dregs that if if was all nonsense it would get pretty miserable

So it will be all saved for evil matches

The Tama Tonga promo they show at the start of shows is him apologising for his last G1 fwiw.

It's funny that Yujiro is wrestling basically clean and beating Ibushi while EVIL has to cheat to beat YOSHI-HASHI. HOT has its true ace.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Am I crazy in saying B Block shows have been higher quality than A Block show. I'm not expecting them to be able to keep up with main events after already doing Okada/Tana but the undercard matches have been better, right?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi's rolling elbow is so good. He looks so furious when he does it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi top of the block

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

I know it can't be helped but considering they're limited to 1,500, it sucks that there are so many empty seats.

816 after doing 1284 yesterday.

Yesterday was a national holiday though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I know it's understandably a low priority, but is there a proposed timeline on when vaccination levels are high enough and COVID numbers low enough that we can start having proper crowd noise again?

Vaccination levels passed the USA's today. Tokyo had 235 cases after having 4000 again. Japan is less cavalier than the US or UK but there's an election in two months and I think "everything back to normal" just before it might be how things go.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Please God let us have a proper crowd for Wrestle Kingdom :pray:

The crowds not making noise thing is a promotion/venue decision as the only thing the government is asking for is to stop selling alcohol and events capped at 50%/5000. J-League is going to start trialling full crowds with a vaccination/negative test requirement next month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi vs EVIL is on my birthday and if Taichi loses that then Gedo is getting a strongly worded complaint.