Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
how do you all keep away that feeling of panic at getting older and wishing it was the 1990s / your carefree teenage years and then panicking slightly when you acknowledge there’s no way to go back? just wondering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

just gotta tough it out and wait until you die i guess

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hemorrhoids are my go to distraction. if poo poo gets too real i just strain really hard and suddenly all i can think about are my extremely painful hemorrhoids.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
:justpost:

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I remember how poo poo the 90s and my teen years were

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Nice humblebrag

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Very carefully

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I wasn't a teenager in the 90s and dont really remember them, try that it works pretty great for me

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I sort of deny they even really existed, and that everything has always been like this

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
timestamped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DmWb4GvHpI&t=147s

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
im thinking of just fully regressing to mid/late 90s and early 2000s

im sure my wife will understand when I just sit on msn messenger watching .rm format South Park episodes

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This'll help: 10 Things That Will Make You SUPER Nostalgic For The '90s!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Personally I just have a more enjoyable day to day life than I had in the 90s

Do that

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

drink less alcohol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

My teenage years weren't very good either so I have nothing to pine for. Have you tried that?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Bro have you tried cbd

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

signalnoise posted:

Bro have you tried cbd
It gave me a migraine!! I used to smoke a lot of weed and it was generally fine, haven't smoked for a while, but I recently tried different kinds of weed gummies and the ones with a lot of CBD just, destroyed my head with a hosed up migraine

The THC-only ones are cool and good though

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

signalnoise posted:

Bro have you tried cbd

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
People who pine for the 90's are good with black, gays and trans people suffering even worse than they do already, that's you, you're evil now

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I unironically wish you luck with your mid-life crisis OP

It sounds like you have a nice understanding wife so when you finally reach the point of clichés I suggest you take the path of the expensive car instead of the expensive girlfriend

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I just have to remember how lovely the 90's were, how terrible it was to get psychologically abused by my dad on the daily and how much it sucked to be a teenager living with my hosed up folks compared to an adult with a loving partner, a brilliant and beautiful daughter and be thankful that her mom is a good mom despite being an antivax energy crystal nutjob (daughter's fully vaxed though). Everything else is going to poo poo, the world is dying and there's really no escaping that reality beyond spending quality time with whomever or whatever takes your mind off it.

If this has to be playing Quake 2 all night long while hosed up on joose maybe that's what works for you. Or try yoga, I don't know?

e: Nice post/username combo OP

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

OP have you considered that you are experiencing the same existential discomfort of longing for an emotionally simpler time and that you should discuss this in therapy? Because real answer, you should. You're experiencing the stressors of adulthood in one of the most trying times the world has ever known, seriously, it's ok to pine for simpler times or whatever but also you have to learn to accept the linear march of time and develop coping skills to handle it.

Comedy (?) Answer: no OP the 90s were loving miserable and teenage me sucked even more, thank.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'm just going to fill my house with more and more old computers and other 90s garbage until I manage to convince myself that anything after 1999 never happened

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

Helps to remember that this time spun out of the 90s with the grim predictability of the rising tides and the only reason it seemed idyllic was because of a tightly occluded point of view. All the consequences of all our rapacious bullshit existed back then too, they're just slowly working their way back up to the source. And maybe being happy but dumb and naive is worse than being more aware and terrified, because with the latter at least you're less likely to be unknowingly harmful or complicit in harm. But not like, totally unlikely.

None of that addresses the first bit. hosed if I know. Maybe try getting stoned and watching youtube playlists of old Recovery episodes. Dunno how well that works if you're not Australian though. Or move to the woods.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Life was pointless before Daikatana (2000)

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

drink less alcohol

This but the opposite

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

A mug of kratom tea will chase those worries away op :coffeepal:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
90s sucked op why not revisit the true height of civilization aka 2004.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Curl up in a ball in the closet and sing the theme song to Denver the Last Dinosaur to yourself over and over again.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Just keep on logging onto aol instant messenger and look at your inactive friendslist untill it sinks in op, those times are never coming back.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Portlandia but instead of going back to the 90s you go back to 2004, while we still 'member 9/11, Bush is the Prez, Half Life 2 and WoW are out, and

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

*Kramers into the room*
ScummVM, OpenXcom, emulators and booze Jerry! That'll hit the spot!

Oh there hello fellow olds.

*Starts going through the breakfast cereals*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's ok grandpa we'll send you to the best 90s themed retirement home a dumpster actually

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it's less about the year and more you had less responsibilities and the worst thing that could happen to you was you got a C- in Mrs. Speildman's math class so give yourself severe brain damage and the only thing you'll be worried about is crayon color and then the orderly is coming in to change you

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Spend more on candles

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
weed

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i have a lit of pictures of Bill Clinton hanging in hy house plus a picture of Jiang Zemin in the bathroom

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And at which picture do you aim when you urinate?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

By popular demand posted:

And at which picture do you aim when you urinate?

i don't put pictures in the sink, what's wrong with you

i look at the Zemin when I pee tho, that's why its there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

really disappointed with the lack of aliexpress results for urinal targets