Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

just sent out an assload of trades in HHL trying to pick up a defenseman, if you got one check out my team and see if you think we can work something out

What's your team name? I can take a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Pretty much zero chance I will trade McAvoy. He is too good.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Twin Cinema posted:

What's your team name? I can take a look.

ghost kreider. I'm pretty much looking to move buchnevich for a defenseman that's an upgrade over schmidt, but I'm open to working something out if there's a better deal that works

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Not great! Just when I felt like my team was starting to pick up steam too

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Not great! Just when I felt like my team was starting to pick up steam too

Hopefully they are really just day-to-day.

My match with T-Bone was intense this week. Managed to come back and lead for a little bit coming into Sunday until his team of 7 Knights and Jets players just pulled ahead.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Awe-inspiring goaltending duel between my team and vote1's this week.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

fancy stats posted:

You saying winless sub .900 save percentage and a GAA of 3.3 shouldn’t be winning the week?

I picked up Raanta for today, so congrats to Vancouver for getting a 4 game win streak going.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
t-bone and I have an equally great goaltending duel going on, but in the other direction

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm embarrassed at how good my goaltending has been this season, lmao Jarry/Andersen?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

fancy stats posted:

And out of 9 goalie games.. zero wins.

Also I just picked up fellow Australian Walker, I’m sure his flash in the pan is probably already over, but It’s pretty cool to be able to pick a Australian and it not be a complete gimmick!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Had three players go on IR in HHL today and none of them are guys I can drop (Barkov, Hischier, Thomas) very cool. I also already have Price on IR LT but I might honestly just drop him. Demko and Samsonov have been more than enough and I don't think even Carey can turn this Montreal season around.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

T-Bone posted:

I'm embarrassed at how good my goaltending has been this season, lmao Jarry/Andersen?

If am really surprised you ended up with the best goaltending with those two.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Had three players go on IR in HHL today and none of them are guys I can drop (Barkov, Hischier, Thomas) very cool. I also already have Price on IR LT but I might honestly just drop him. Demko and Samsonov have been more than enough and I don't think even Carey can turn this Montreal season around.

This week and beyond, winning is going to be less about how good your roster is, and more on how lucky you are for having healthy players thanks to COVID and injuries.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

This week and beyond, winning is going to be less about how good your roster is, and more on how lucky you are for having healthy players thanks to COVID and injuries.

Honestly it's already been that way for much of the season. All year so far my team has been sort-of-healthy but ultimately not healthy enough. Sometimes COVID sometimes not. I'm in 13th place out of the 16 teams but if you actually look at the totals for every category I'm in the middle of the pack for just about everything. What I'm saying is my team's true talent level is more like 9th place.

Also Byram just went from DTD to IR, and he's another guy I don't want to drop, so now my roster looks like this:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

welp that's the last straw spence

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Honestly it's already been that way for much of the season. All year so far my team has been sort-of-healthy but ultimately not healthy enough. Sometimes COVID sometimes not. I'm in 13th place out of the 16 teams but if you actually look at the totals for every category I'm in the middle of the pack for just about everything. What I'm saying is my team's true talent level is more like 9th place.

Also Byram just went from DTD to IR, and he's another guy I don't want to drop, so now my roster looks like this:

My roster is also hit hard. Which sucks because my team was just turning it around. Last night, I had 10 of my 17 skaters out either due to injury, or the game was postponed because of COVID.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Without realizing it, I went really heavy into the Flames and the Panthers, a strategy that is going extremely great right now.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Just as I expected my goaltending is being carried by Anthony Stolarz at the moment

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Yaya posted:

Just as I expected my goaltending is being carried by Anthony Stolarz at the moment

I am sure I have mentioned it in this thread, but my goaltending is currently being carried by Jonathan Quick. Merzlikins started the season hot but has been garbage recently, and before dropping Grabauer, I don't think I started him since October.

Jonathan Quick, lol.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:sickos:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Throwing this out there, my HHL team (Angels in the Caufield) is dead in the water and I've already thrown the white flag by trading Matthews and Rantanen. Eichel's IMO one of the best keepers in the league at that price, and Terry is a solid gamble too.

That said, I've still got a couple players I can rent out for solid keepers. Sean Couturier, when he's healthy again, and Brayden Schenn, when the trade goes through are solid forward pickups, and Jordan Binnington's available for anyone who needs consistent starts from their goaltending. Gimme a shout if you're interested, or, frankly, almost anyone else on the team. The only players I'm hesitant to move are Eichel and Gibson.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I know everyone has run into their bad weeks of COVID, but lmao at my LSL team with 11 guys currently designated as COVID-19/IR/O

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

alright my hhl team is as good as it's gonna get it's in the hands of the hockey gods now

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Any ahem rebuilders in the HHL looking to make some deadline deals? I honestly don't have the best youth options but uhhh maybe we could work something out

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

T-Bone posted:

Any ahem rebuilders in the HHL looking to make some deadline deals? I honestly don't have the best youth options but uhhh maybe we could work something out

Yes, absolutely. Right now my (Angels in the Caufield) almost definite keepers are Hertl, Gibson, and Eichel. Everybody else is available depending on what you want to offer.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
depending on how the next week or two shake out I might be (Osti Pastrnak). I've been climbing and winning lately so I'm not sure if I'm going to go rebuild mode just yet.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Times are rough. I had to pick up the Coyotes goalie because between Samsonov not being the clear #1 and Demko having COVID, I am in danger of not making minimum starts anymore.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
THIS MF EATIN' JAKE BEANS is selling. Zegras and Dahlin are untouchable and Batherson will need a real good offer but everything else is on the table

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm Sharon Gon' Vich It to Ya if anyone is looking to make an offer. Looking for upgrades on assists/faceoffs primarily.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Is there a more toxic place on the internet than the yahoo comments section of a 1A/1B goalie page?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Yahoo comments

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Love to roster 6 goalies with ownership percentages below 50.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I thought I was secure heading into the year with my goaltending. I drafted Grubauer and Merzlikins. I dropped Grubauer months ago, and Merzlikins hasn't had a month over .900 since November. I am now relying on Matt Murray and Quick, in addition to Merzlikins.

I hate goalies.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

OK so with my latest trade, my keepers are going to be fun. It's looking like this:

IGORRRRR
Seider
Boldy
Caufield
Lundell
Lafreniere

Jarvis is a possibility as well.

Rebuild complete.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

So glad I picked up Caufield

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

He may never not score ever again.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It's Friday and I still haven't a goalie start thanks to Merzilikins and Murray going down with injury.

I am starting an actual real goalie named Scott Wedgewood tonight, and have locked up Andrew Hammond for tomorrow. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I feel like my HHL team is finally living up to what I thought it could be. Should make these last couple of weeks interesting since the team underachieved the first 10 weeks or something.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Oh there was a thread, right

LSL playoff race is pretty nutty, a handful of points separating current 4th (286) from 13th (270).

Heck, #6 thru #11 is a half-dozen bubble teams all with 277-281 pts.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
My hockiest team has been slipping the past three weeks. Still in a playoff spot but I really need to put a stop to the bleeding here.

I'd love to make a trade but my team is vet as gently caress and I don't know that I have a lot of assets a rebuilding team would want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Opposite for me. My team had a really bad start but now all my big guns are finally healthy and popping off consistently. Still outside the playoff picture but I'm hopeful I can make it in.