Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
My fantasy hockey season has been terrible and now the only team in the playoffs had a complete collapse this week. Ugh. Have to see how things go next year, I guess. Terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

genki posted:

My fantasy hockey season has been terrible and now the only team in the playoffs had a complete collapse this week. Ugh. Have to see how things go next year, I guess. Terrible.

Were you Puck Buddies, or is there re: a diff playoffs

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

kalensc posted:

Were you Puck Buddies, or is there re: a diff playoffs

No that's my team but I didn't really bother to do anything with it this week. Once Chabot, Hughes, and Pastrnak were all hurt I just didn't pay attention.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Gobias Ind. posted:

It's Luke Kunin time baby

take those arrogant bastards down :patriot:

i missed one pacioretty start because of IR and that would have made it 5-8 with me being 2 goals and 3 shots from 7-6. I think if pacioretty and batherson were healthy i could have taken it but they also haven't been healthy all season so obviously i can't count on them now.

i honestly think my in-season management, and the scoring + goon stats + goalies that face tons of shots strategy, made me punch above my weightclass. solid 4th in a weird 3-team race LSL where there was no real difference between 4-12 all year feels good though. i would have really liked to be 1/2's sacrificial lamb just to say i won a round, but i can't be upset with this season.

going BPA over a goalie at the pacioretty pick proves to have been a mistake. i wish the hhl draft were first because then i definitely would have skipped max and doubled down on bob. i probably still would have taken vanacek and when he didn't prove to be a solid fantasy 1B i would have still found a goalie that got peppered, but then I'd have been a) way more competitive in wins b) able to carry another skater to really double down on the points/goon stats combo. following that rabbit hole, i wouldn't have taken kahkonen, and then would have just went for the best, if any, C with W eligibility. to me at the time, I probably would've gone strome or hertl. crazy to think that that one move that felt like a no-brainer at the time ended up being the exact wrong call. I'm just gonna blame being at the end of the draft instead of like in the front side of the middle 3rd so i can at least get a starter in my first 3 picks without sacrificing offense.

e: honestly i better off this way because i probably would've done all that but drafted knight, then been exactly where I was now but with strome instead of max because I probably drop knight at some point when he pissed me off too much in HHL. then i would be through but losing next round while watching knight be a perfect 3rd goalie for my strat lol :rip:

e2: if i had one of the first like 8 picks i probably end up with like drai/mcd/mtthews/mackinnon/point in that order then miller and samsonov at the 2/3 turn. unless i was like top-3 pick and could've snagged soros/demko at 3.1-3. i feel like i could i could have pulled off my strat really well starting with mac/point, miller, samsonov/demko. samsonov would've rocked actually because then I would have definitely completed the battery with vanacek in the 4th instead of 5th since I'd have the turn, then go best c/w at 5.x (feels sexy to say i would have taken lindholm, but the board at the time i probably go suzuki, but like that's still pretty good)

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 11, 2022

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
All season long I kinda felt like my teams were overachieving due to insane goaltending and it turns out they were! Out in round one in HHL and just barely won in the LSL as the #2/#1 seeds. Both matchups were really close and in the one I happened to win my goaltending didn't completely abandon me.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

Holy poo poo this is close. I have a few more guys going so I can hopefully win hits/blocks, but who knows. Gotta hope Saros doesn't go for the Preds so the goalie stats can be locked in as they are.

this was an insane matchup

my HHL was very close (one goal away from being 6-6), but I think even if I got another goal I was losing the H2H tiebreaker. needed to turn hits too.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

genki posted:

I had a crazy strong week as well in the Hockiest against you. I suppose my team was due because I had been hot dog poo poo down the stretch for weeks and kinda backed my way into the playoffs.

Malkin getting suspended is hilarious for me. I literally have to drop him because I can't carry a dead slot for 4 games. I wasn't gonna keeper him anyways I suppose but it's still funny.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 12, 2022

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
owen power being available but not matty beniers is weird

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

the jusse is loosse

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Teemu Pokemon posted:

the jusse is loosse

Probably killed any chance I had at beating T-Bone

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i just noticed he had him and it would have been rad as hell to get a shutout in both leagues but be facing my HHL goalie in LSL

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I've achieved my goal of (# transactions) >= (# of losses) for the season. :yayclod:

Unfortunately I fear the The Transpondster's roster has fully awoken and will carry him into the finals. :smith:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
thank you to The Kings for ruining my goalie stats this week

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Picking up Malkin for $51 in HHL is another interesting potential keeper option, I have a fuckton of them now.

F:
Eichel: $25 -> $30
Stuetzle: $2 -> $3
Duchene: $1 -> $2
Terry: $1 -> $2
Hertl: $40 -> $48
Malkin: $51 -> $62
Keller: $1 -> $2

D:
Morrissey: $2 -> $3
Rielly: $39 -> $47

G:
Oettinger: $1 -> $2

Narrowing it down from there is going to be more difficult, though I'm leaning Eichel, Hertl, and two of Duchene, Stuetzle, Malkin, Keller, or Oettinger. Suppose it depends on how things go in the offseason.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I've decided to complicate my HHL keeper choice situation by picking up Owen Power and Matty Beniers too. We'll see how they look down the stretch/over the summer

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ok, pretty sure I can’t beat 3 shutouts from Moogle this week in LSL so… good season and good luck!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

Ok, pretty sure I can’t beat 3 shutouts from Moogle this week in LSL so… good season and good luck!

Thanks bud! Sorry that we couldn't have met up in the finals instead for LOLHockey supremacy.

Before the week started I thought I'd be doomed if you took 5+ skater categories, given the goalie situation. Gorgeous Georgiev and Old Man Smith putting up 3 SOs was like less than a 10,000-to-1 shot.

Goalies are voodoo. :ohdear:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

It's not likely to happen but surprisingly there is a path to victory for me in LSL.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

kalensc posted:

Thanks bud! Sorry that we couldn't have met up in the finals instead for LOLHockey supremacy.

Before the week started I thought I'd be doomed if you took 5+ skater categories, given the goalie situation. Gorgeous Georgiev and Old Man Smith putting up 3 SOs was like less than a 10,000-to-1 shot.

Goalies are voodoo. :ohdear:

Pretty sure I added and dropped Smith multiple times across leagues this season (as an oilers fan). Of course, I ended up not having him when he ended up running hot... typical.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

It's not likely to happen but surprisingly there is a path to victory for me in LSL.

Super long shot but yeah, if certain games are high-scoring and high-shooting in the right ways you could make it.

genki posted:

Pretty sure I added and dropped Smith multiple times across leagues this season (as an oilers fan). Of course, I ended up not having him when he ended up running hot... typical.

Sorry bud, I feel ya, it's def frustrating to have a good intuition in fantasy but the timing doesn't line up. Doubly so if it's someone on your fave team.

Earlier in the season I had Forsberg for a bit and dropped him before he became a pretty decent starter. I regretted it after Rask's return didn't work out, and have had to cycle through options nearly non-stop. Ended up starting 19 different goalies (so far!) and managed at least a win from 12 of them.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 17, 2022

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Playing for the honor of 5th place, the best of the losers, in both HHL and LSL. Both my teams were ranked lower than 6th at the end of the regular season so it's a win either way.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

GG T-Bone

Might have been able to eke out a victory of Boone Jenner hadn't gone down. Oh well. I was also on the verge of grabbing Bonino on Saturday but then waited a little bit too long to say how the matchup developed and you snatched him up. If that SHP he got on Sunday ended up being the difference I never would have forgiven myself.

The dream of a threepeat is dead. You and Kalensc had the best teams all year, so it's a much deserved finals appearance for both of you.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

GG T-Bone

Might have been able to eke out a victory of Boone Jenner hadn't gone down. Oh well. I was also on the verge of grabbing Bonino on Saturday but then waited a little bit too long to say how the matchup developed and you snatched him up. If that SHP he got on Sunday ended up being the difference I never would have forgiven myself.

The dream of a threepeat is dead. You and Kalensc had the best teams all year, so it's a much deserved finals appearance for both of you.

Thanks Gob, that's kind of you to say! :yayclod:

My run atop the goon NBA league crashed and burned in the finals due to a massive amount of injuries, so fingers crossed I avoid the same outcome here.

*receives notification EJ is out tonight*

:magical:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Haha, sure, okay

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

sup larkin and foglino owner in the finals buddy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Playing for the honor of 5th place, the best of the losers, in both HHL and LSL. Both my teams were ranked lower than 6th at the end of the regular season so it's a win either way.

i would rather win 5th than 4th because 5th means i went 2-1 in the postseason instead of 1-2.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My HHL team could not buy a goal last week. I only got 8 the entire matchup. This week I got 8 goals tonight. Hockey is fun.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

love 2 have my best players just randomly scratched from games at the last minute for bullshit minor nothings

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

love 2 have my best players just randomly scratched from games at the last minute for bullshit minor nothings

I really wish LHL allowed same-day adds, or allotted extra transactions for "weeks" that went beyond 7 days in length, so that GMs could mitigate that a bit.

I'm feeling the crunch this "week" in LSL, with 4 players on quasi-DTD status. Already burned several adds replacing Larkin and other injuries, so minimal wiggle room to make a speculative "backup" add.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Robert Thomas really cementing himself as a definite HHL keeper these past few weeks. 15 game point streak good lord.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kalensc posted:

I really wish LHL allowed same-day adds, or allotted extra transactions for "weeks" that went beyond 7 days in length, so that GMs could mitigate that a bit.

I'm feeling the crunch this "week" in LSL, with 4 players on quasi-DTD status. Already burned several adds replacing Larkin and other injuries, so minimal wiggle room to make a speculative "backup" add.

that's always been a yahoo problem, they don't adjust start minimums or add limits for longer weeks.I'm surprised they actually even added functionality for a 2 week final. churning my 5th D slot for extra blocks or a forward has been a strategy of mine all year in HHL and now it's killing me when I have missed Matthews and Rantanen the entire first week of the final

the same day adds thing is tha bone man droppin the ball for the Xth year in a row :shopkeeper:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 23, 2022

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

that's always been a yahoo problem, they don't adjust start minimums or add limits for longer weeks.I'm surprised they actually even added functionality for a 2 week final. churning my 5th D slot for extra blocks or a forward has been a strategy of mine all year in HHL and now it's killing me when I have missed Matthews and Rantanen the entire first week of the final

the same day adds thing is tha bone man droppin the ball for the Xth year in a row :shopkeeper:

drat you tha-bone man!!! :doh:

We've played one half of the 12*-day final and the midway results have surpassed all of my expectations (despite all the "wasted" player additions replacing the injured & benched):

That being said, T-Bone could flip G, A, +/-, & PIM in a single game and equalize at 7-7. Could come down to whoever manages a shutout. :ohdear:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
you're loving me up

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

T-Bone posted:

you're loving me up

If it ended today, sure, but so many games remain, and your roster can put up massive numbers any given day.

Good luck in the home stretch T-B :cheers:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

man, i am reasonably confident i would be a few shots and fw away from taking the lead if matthews and rantanen didn't miss the entire first week

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I've been carrying landeskog on my roster for a good long while now, injuries and players getting shut down for the playoffs is just a thing that happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I see that Gobias is enjoying the extreme highs and lows that come with rostering Nedeljkovic. Haha what a ridiculous level of variance, I've no idea how I survived the first half of the season with him and Vejmelka as my Jekyll & Hyde duo in nets.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

I see that Gobias is enjoying the extreme highs and lows that come with rostering Nedeljkovic. Haha what a ridiculous level of variance, I've no idea how I survived the first half of the season with him and Vejmelka as my Jekyll & Hyde duo in nets.

I'm the one facing him!

Picking him up last year might have been the single biggest reason I won the title though.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

The Ned experience is a wild ride

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm the one facing him!

Picking him up last year might have been the single biggest reason I won the title though.

Oh whoops I flipped you and Koopa, my bad.

Yeah he def did some heavy lifting for my goalie stats through the ASG, but Detroit really fell off in the back half and his closing stretch of opponents was brutal so I opted to drop him. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but woof a majority of my keep/drop choices haven't panned out recently.

Man I've no idea what to do re: starting goalies tonight. And TBone sniped Blackwood to gain 2 goalie starts, hmm. I'd been eying him since early March but never pulled the trigger on stashing him on IR.

Edit: lol selected incorrectly on which DTD Wild to drop goddamnit

kalensc fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
One year I'll get higher than 15th in lsl lol