Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
So I have been in LSL for 10 years now. 7 out of the 9 years we've actually had fantasy playoffs I have qualified. The year we didn't have the fantasy playoffs I would have had the 3 seed. In all that time, I have won one (1) first round matchup and never finished higher than 3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Just got notified of the 6th and 7th injury/illness of the final. :ohdear:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
making a 2nd week charge, really can't help but feel like if matthews and rantanen didn't miss the first week I'd be up, even if precariously so

e:
- rantanen + matthews fw per game is 11.75 with 7 games missed between them, currently down 36
- rantanen/matthews/foglino sog per game is 9.5 with11 games missed between them, I'm down 8
- down 2 goals
- +/- is 0 to 1

i feel like it's reasonable to think i should have like 25-30 more fw, like 20-30 more sog, and hopefully at least 2 or 3 more goals. +/- is bullshit voodoo and I've consistently scored like 25-30 es points per week with players mostly on playoff teams and am routinely a minus for the week so who even cares +/- is stupid

potential 4 cat swing. down 5-8 right now, it could easily be 9-4. ifi can get a big 2nd week and i can at least hold serve in wins, i think i still have a shot. really depends on how playoff teams deal with rest this week. i have a feeling loving rantanen isn't gonna play a drat game ROS

""""illness""""

losing kuraly likely means that fw is out of reach also which sucks

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 27, 2022

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

alright well with kreider and matthews officially in playoff cryostasis I'm calling it. well that sucks. not sure what else i could have done to win. i built the best team and they tore up the league until the last two weeks of the season :negative:

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

That's a bit premature, no? Shots are entirely up in the air (I'm pretty sure you're going to end up taking it), and like you said, you have a more than strong enough lineup even without those two to make up the goal deficit.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

if we end up tied, I don't have the tiebreaker, so i need to win outright, which means i need to pace in goals by 4 with 2 days left and both my best two goal scorers out. I'm not confident

e: i don't know if it's better or worse to know that if i had won round 1 in lsl and then had somehow managed to beat t-bone in the semis, I'd only be down like 8-6 in the final with like 4 categories still in play

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 28, 2022

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

and bob is sitting now, too. if wins get tied I'm definitely hosed

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

lol yup that's a wrap

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I really didn't foresee so many top players getting nights off the last 10 days of the season. I thought the NFL sorta stood alone from a "end fantasy leagues before the last week~ of the season".

I hadn't played fantasy for many years - is this year an aberration due to so many teams clinching early and/or a more compressed schedule than usual? Or is it a new norm that should be factored into future seasons?

Anyhoo, good luck tonight to T-Bone, & everyone still alive in the HHL & LSL. Lord Have Mercer has chipped away and narrowed a bunch of categories, so here's hoping I don't repeat last night's subpar performance. :ohdear:

kalensc fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 29, 2022

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

fancy stats posted:

I feel like the writing's been on the wall for a while, but Landeskog getting knee surgery feels like there's a pretty hard ceiling on my season.

Look at this bet-hedging coward.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
we renewing any of the goon yahoo leagues this year?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

we renewing any of the goon yahoo leagues this year?

I’m keen

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

same

day

adds

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
yeah I'll set them up this week

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm up to return to LSL

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Teemu Pokemon posted:

same

day

adds

Empty quoting this.

Also make all the IR positions IR+ please.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll lock all you fuckers out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

also end the season one week earlier because yahoo doesn't adjust the add limit for a two week final and the last week was loving brutal