Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Schenn $54 > $65
Forsberg $21 > $26
Farabee $1 > $2
Saros $1 > $2

$95 / $405

Barzal was tempting at $62 but the islanders 1C can only realistically be penciled in for like... 55 points

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ooo schenn and forsberg are cheaper than i thought B^J

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

this team owns come get some

1. (6) Leon Draisaitl (Edm - C,LW) $185
2. (23) Pavel Buchnevich (StL - RW) $39
3. (30) Jack Eichel (Buf - C) $25
4. (41) Dylan Larkin (Det - C) $37
5. (50) Spencer Knight (Fla - G) $51
6. (62) Sergei Bobrovsky (Fla - G) $23
7. (79) Chris Kreider (NYR - LW) $28
8. (144) Adam Boqvist (Cls - D) $1
9. (188) Ryan Suter (Dal - D) $1
10. (197) Brayden McNabb (VGK - D) $1
11. (202) Logan Couture (SJ - C) $1
12. (206) Derek Forbort (Bos - D) $1
13. (210) Justin Holl (Tor - D) $1
14. (213) William Eklund (SJ - LW) $1
15. (233) Juuse Saros  (Nsh - G) $2
16. (234) Joel Farabee  (Phi - LW,RW) $2
17. (235) Filip Forsberg  (Nsh - LW) $28
18. (236) Brayden Schenn  (StL - C,RW) $65

and I have 8 whole dang dollars left

my strategy of making sure to get that one last mid tier guy in kreider then only bid on guys I would be willing to blow the bank on and only have $1 guys left really worked out imo, i was very excited when no one could afford true centers for more than a dollar anymore and i scooped couture, i was waiting for that for like 120 picks

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 12, 2021

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm not ready to drop spencer knight yet but uhh

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

somebody in hhl should trade me a winger/defenseman for farabee + buchnevich/one of my defensemen tia

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

farabee has a year left at $3, buchnevich is $47 next year with another year left after that, and all my defensemen are $1 guys. i would really like to package something together to open a spot for forsberg who is hopefully not dead ans back soonish.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

all of your d men are pretty great i think i could be down to swap farabee for one of them, any of them that are partway competent in hits and blocks would be an upgrade over scandella

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

just sent out an assload of trades in HHL trying to pick up a defenseman, if you got one check out my team and see if you think we can work something out

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

What's your team name? I can take a look.

ghost kreider. I'm pretty much looking to move buchnevich for a defenseman that's an upgrade over schmidt, but I'm open to working something out if there's a better deal that works

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

welp that's the last straw spence

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:sickos:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

alright my hhl team is as good as it's gonna get it's in the hands of the hockey gods now

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Opposite for me. My team had a really bad start but now all my big guns are finally healthy and popping off consistently. Still outside the playoff picture but I'm hopeful I can make it in.

that was me in lsl and now somehow I'm in 4th

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i know scores don't matter until saturday morning but LSL playoffs lookin wacky

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kalensc posted:

You seem to have gotten unlucky with goalie starts at the worst possible time. :smith:

i should definitely hit the minimum and I'm hoping i can still get 3 more starts this weekend. my whole strategy is just goalies who get peppered and try to win saves and punt the rest, so I'm not exactly off track if i can stay two starts ahead over these last two days

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm really wishing the yotes would start sateri tonight so i can get him and kallgren today with wedgewood and vanacek tomorrow, but i think I'm just gonna get one today. not ideal but hopefully the caps give up some shots to boston on the 2nd half of a b2b

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i just lost a bunch of money betting oettenger over 26.5 saves because i thought he was going to gently caress me here lol

e: betting saros over and allen and jones under :monar:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

It's Luke Kunin time baby

take those arrogant bastards down :patriot:

i missed one pacioretty start because of IR and that would have made it 5-8 with me being 2 goals and 3 shots from 7-6. I think if pacioretty and batherson were healthy i could have taken it but they also haven't been healthy all season so obviously i can't count on them now.

i honestly think my in-season management, and the scoring + goon stats + goalies that face tons of shots strategy, made me punch above my weightclass. solid 4th in a weird 3-team race LSL where there was no real difference between 4-12 all year feels good though. i would have really liked to be 1/2's sacrificial lamb just to say i won a round, but i can't be upset with this season.

going BPA over a goalie at the pacioretty pick proves to have been a mistake. i wish the hhl draft were first because then i definitely would have skipped max and doubled down on bob. i probably still would have taken vanacek and when he didn't prove to be a solid fantasy 1B i would have still found a goalie that got peppered, but then I'd have been a) way more competitive in wins b) able to carry another skater to really double down on the points/goon stats combo. following that rabbit hole, i wouldn't have taken kahkonen, and then would have just went for the best, if any, C with W eligibility. to me at the time, I probably would've gone strome or hertl. crazy to think that that one move that felt like a no-brainer at the time ended up being the exact wrong call. I'm just gonna blame being at the end of the draft instead of like in the front side of the middle 3rd so i can at least get a starter in my first 3 picks without sacrificing offense.

e: honestly i better off this way because i probably would've done all that but drafted knight, then been exactly where I was now but with strome instead of max because I probably drop knight at some point when he pissed me off too much in HHL. then i would be through but losing next round while watching knight be a perfect 3rd goalie for my strat lol :rip:

e2: if i had one of the first like 8 picks i probably end up with like drai/mcd/mtthews/mackinnon/point in that order then miller and samsonov at the 2/3 turn. unless i was like top-3 pick and could've snagged soros/demko at 3.1-3. i feel like i could i could have pulled off my strat really well starting with mac/point, miller, samsonov/demko. samsonov would've rocked actually because then I would have definitely completed the battery with vanacek in the 4th instead of 5th since I'd have the turn, then go best c/w at 5.x (feels sexy to say i would have taken lindholm, but the board at the time i probably go suzuki, but like that's still pretty good)

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 11, 2022

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

the jusse is loosse

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i just noticed he had him and it would have been rad as hell to get a shutout in both leagues but be facing my HHL goalie in LSL

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

sup larkin and foglino owner in the finals buddy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Playing for the honor of 5th place, the best of the losers, in both HHL and LSL. Both my teams were ranked lower than 6th at the end of the regular season so it's a win either way.

i would rather win 5th than 4th because 5th means i went 2-1 in the postseason instead of 1-2.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

love 2 have my best players just randomly scratched from games at the last minute for bullshit minor nothings

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kalensc posted:

I really wish LHL allowed same-day adds, or allotted extra transactions for "weeks" that went beyond 7 days in length, so that GMs could mitigate that a bit.

I'm feeling the crunch this "week" in LSL, with 4 players on quasi-DTD status. Already burned several adds replacing Larkin and other injuries, so minimal wiggle room to make a speculative "backup" add.

that's always been a yahoo problem, they don't adjust start minimums or add limits for longer weeks.I'm surprised they actually even added functionality for a 2 week final. churning my 5th D slot for extra blocks or a forward has been a strategy of mine all year in HHL and now it's killing me when I have missed Matthews and Rantanen the entire first week of the final

the same day adds thing is tha bone man droppin the ball for the Xth year in a row :shopkeeper:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 23, 2022

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

man, i am reasonably confident i would be a few shots and fw away from taking the lead if matthews and rantanen didn't miss the entire first week

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

making a 2nd week charge, really can't help but feel like if matthews and rantanen didn't miss the first week I'd be up, even if precariously so

e:
- rantanen + matthews fw per game is 11.75 with 7 games missed between them, currently down 36
- rantanen/matthews/foglino sog per game is 9.5 with11 games missed between them, I'm down 8
- down 2 goals
- +/- is 0 to 1

i feel like it's reasonable to think i should have like 25-30 more fw, like 20-30 more sog, and hopefully at least 2 or 3 more goals. +/- is bullshit voodoo and I've consistently scored like 25-30 es points per week with players mostly on playoff teams and am routinely a minus for the week so who even cares +/- is stupid

potential 4 cat swing. down 5-8 right now, it could easily be 9-4. ifi can get a big 2nd week and i can at least hold serve in wins, i think i still have a shot. really depends on how playoff teams deal with rest this week. i have a feeling loving rantanen isn't gonna play a drat game ROS

""""illness""""

losing kuraly likely means that fw is out of reach also which sucks

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 27, 2022

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

alright well with kreider and matthews officially in playoff cryostasis I'm calling it. well that sucks. not sure what else i could have done to win. i built the best team and they tore up the league until the last two weeks of the season :negative:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

if we end up tied, I don't have the tiebreaker, so i need to win outright, which means i need to pace in goals by 4 with 2 days left and both my best two goal scorers out. I'm not confident

e: i don't know if it's better or worse to know that if i had won round 1 in lsl and then had somehow managed to beat t-bone in the semis, I'd only be down like 8-6 in the final with like 4 categories still in play

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 28, 2022

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

and bob is sitting now, too. if wins get tied I'm definitely hosed

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

lol yup that's a wrap

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

same

day

adds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

also end the season one week earlier because yahoo doesn't adjust the add limit for a two week final and the last week was loving brutal