Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Dr T'ana, otherwise known as cat-lady doctor, says she can turn someone back from being a puppet and that she's done it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Manhaver cares about more than just rank so Mariner can respect him now.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
BOIMLER IS BACK!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Manhaver is instantly replaced!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Man sometimes it do be like that though.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Boimler is back... at the bottom of the social totem pole. He has to "make it up" to Mariner for abandoning her.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Orange guy is back to life! His thing is he talks in "untranslatable" colloquialisms of his species which always convert to basic earth concepts. I think he had the most charisma by far as a puppet.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
that episode is just wall to wall "hey remember this thing that happened in star trek," even by lower decks' standards

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Ah status quo. You've returned.

Definitely star treky. The collector thing really felt to me like the twist was going to be "The collector killed this other collector and now Starfleet discover he caused the murder and was using them to rob the place" but instead the bad guy in this just grabbed a sex-helmet and was sneaking around with it. All the various collection jokes worked pretty well for me and I liked that angle. I felt like the flying roomba defense system was a fun idea. The giant bone-room looked really cool. I'm glad Boimler is back and also from time to time they can still cut to Riker doing stuff and have it be "related" to our cast. Pretty clever, and honestly maybe even a bold decision depending on how long Lower Decks keeps going.

7.5 / 10 The A plot and the B plot are both pretty snappy. Sets up some long term tension in the group dynamic. Mariner definitely is in an unhealthy place in regards to her relationship with Boimler right now.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I always thought this was a show for kids but now I'm getting the impression it's more like a Star Trek Simpsons/Family Guy-ish affair?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I always thought this was a show for kids but now I'm getting the impression it's more like a Star Trek Simpsons/Family Guy-ish affair?

It's a 'what if one of the writers of Rick and Morty was a huge Trek Nerd' situation, mostly. It's surprisingly excellent for what was a really rough trailer/start for a lot of people (me included), and has only gotten better with time (as all good trek should). Worth watching, and the most 'actual star trek' of the trek currently available out there right now.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Well, poo poo, I guess I oughta check it out. I never looked too close at the characters and I assumed they were children (honestly it wasn't until I noticed the female characters had breasts that I realized they weren't supposed to be kids).

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I like lower decks, more this season than last. I was a little annoyed when they (spoilers for the next episode after this one) They brought back Shax and kind of sidelined Kayshon, I thought he had potential

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I thought this thread was about Below Decks, the lovely reality show, which made it a really wild ride for the first several posts.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 2 Episode 3 – We’ll Always Have Tom Paris Sometimes I don't think it's best to have every title for your episode be a pun and this is one of those times.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Boimler isn't in the Cerritos authorized users list and it means he can't do basic things like order food.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

This guy who died last season is mysteriously alive again and Rutherford is freaking out about it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Cat lady doctor has cat problems today and so Tendi has to go on a special mission to collect some kinda kitty thing.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Boimler wants to get a plate signed by Tom Paris and there is a lengthy discussion about whether saying Voy saves time when talking about Voyager. It doesn't. Rutherford is gonna go demand answers from mr dead-security-guy.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mariner and Tendi are gonna team up and go get that cat.. thing. On an away mission.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Jet Manhaver offers to help Boimler get around the ship since he is being rejected by the new ship security protocols. Boimler doesn't want his helpful help helping him.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Boimler decides to take matters into his own hands and he opens up... The tubes!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mariner and Tendi have gone to planet where everything can be a slushy. I wanna go to that planet.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mariner is realizing she has never bothered to learn anything about Tendi's personal life since they never hang out without other people present.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mariner and Tendi are trying to bring back a "family heirloom" of cat-doctor-lady. It's huge. And heavy.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

reignofevil posted:

Mariner is realizing she has never bothered to learn anything about Tendi's personal life since they never hang out without other people present.

it was at this moment that Ensign Bechdel entered the shuttle

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Tendi and Mariner open the heirloom. It's a sex thing.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
THEY BROKE IT.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Tendi had no idea about Mariner's other ships and her time on Deep Space Nine, and honestly neither did I!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mariner and Tendi are gonna try and set things to rights meanwhile Rutherford can't find a good opportunity to bring up deadguy's... death.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Luckily somebody else brings it up and it's a... sorespot. Shaxs (dead guy) is crying now. And this random other person gets reassigned immediately. Lucky break for Rutherford!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Apparently dead guy is still having flashbacks.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mariner has a lengthy plan involving pool-hall betting to get the sex-statue fixed.

This is part of that evolving plan.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mariner full-body kicks someone so hard it knocks the tiny ball into the little hole while simultaneously saving Tendi's life.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Oh no the pool-guy they were fleecing crushed the head of the sex statue they're DOOMED.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Boimler has been climbing like a billion rungs through the tubes since he cant use the lifts.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Apparently Tom Paris shows up at this exact moment and he wants to fly the ship around which means Boimler has to hop out of the tubes.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Oh apparently he didn't get out of the tubes he just went from the burning part of the tube system to a not burny part.... So he's pressing forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Tendi is fighting the stigma that Orions are all thieves and pirates, which does seem to be a thing she runs into. She doesn't have a captain-mom to lean on for infinite slack in medical.... And now she's failed cat-doctor-lady.