Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your starting class?
Amazon
Assassin
Barbarian
Druid
Necromancer
Paladin
Sorceress
View Results

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

WarpedLichen posted:

They need to allow Insight on 6 socket swords those cowards. Insight Act V mercs!

I'd love Insight on swords (only 4 sockets though). It's crazy high damage at only for level 27, and would make any melee build so much better. You could also dual-wield them on a Frenzy barb for a level 34 Meditation aura that extends halfway across the zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Man if the act 3 fire Merc enchants summons, and I'm assuming it does, I am pumped for both druid and necro.

Not sure it's actually better than might aura, but it's cooler, and that's what really matters.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Mustached Demon posted:

Blizz+fire gonna be lit this season.
420 Blaze everyday. Edit: drat, my terrible joke ruined by the fact that you can't see the strikethrough line on a 4. But yeah Blaze is going to be a decent off element I think.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Also with the wealth of alvl85 areas now, you will be able to find lots of places where you never have to deal with double immunities that counter you.
While this is true, it looks like it's mostly going to be more "no cold immunes" areas with one for fire (the other flayer dungeon) and some for light (the temples in Upper Kurast). The other areas have a lot of guest monsters so they may spawn with immunities.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 23, 2022

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

New staff looks awesome, gently caress getting 156 strength for an ugly shield.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

soscannonballs posted:

New staff looks awesome, gently caress getting 156 strength for an ugly shield.

The new staff with runes you're not going to find before trudging along with a 156 str shield for a month+?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

leper khan posted:

The new staff with runes you're not going to find before trudging along with a 156 str shield for a month+?

It's a great end-game optimization. With the right +skills it'll be a slight upgrade from hoto/spirit, which makes it a great chase item and use of Zod without disturbing balance too much in the process.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I hope summon Druid is viable, I love that poo poo.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

queeb posted:

I hope summon Druid is viable, I love that poo poo.

Supposedly they're somewhat viable now so it def an upgrade and possible.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

My favorite change is the separation of the Cast Delay's for each skill. A meteorb sorc will feel a lot better to play. Plus the removal of the hydra casting delay maybe means that will be something fun to use.

Yeah, that is a genuine gamechanger; between that and skill hotkeys, your character can be a properly insane skill-splinging monster.

Strafazons are going to be good again, and now I want a Brand bow even more. WHOOOSHWHOOSHWHOOSHWHOOSH

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I'd like to know if they are going to fix mana burn.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SPACE HOMOS posted:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Real curious to see how stacking things like thorns Merc + spirit of barbs will incentive fast attacking skills / weapons or number of allies - Spirit wolves + spirit of barbs is cold/physical right there. Add in five ravens each also getting that added flat damage... Could be really good?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

External Organs posted:

Real curious to see how stacking things like thorns Merc + spirit of barbs will incentive fast attacking skills / weapons or number of allies - Spirit wolves + spirit of barbs is cold/physical right there. Add in five ravens each also getting that added flat damage... Could be really good?

Ravens don't get auras..?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

External Organs posted:

Also you're reading it wrong. It doesn't give bonus dps, the things just don't need to be hit to get the flat damage returned.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Can't wait to see the actual numbers. Viable thorns would just be so much dumb fun, I hope they overtune the poo poo out of it.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

binge crotching posted:

I'd love Insight on swords (only 4 sockets though). It's crazy high damage at only for level 27, and would make any melee build so much better. You could also dual-wield them on a Frenzy barb for a level 34 Meditation aura that extends halfway across the zone.

The twohanders can roll 6 sockets and Act 5 mercs should be able to dual wield 2 handers like barbs I thought.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Load bearing bug

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

WarpedLichen posted:

The twohanders can roll 6 sockets and Act 5 mercs should be able to dual wield 2 handers like barbs I thought.
They can wield 1 twohander (since they can only use one sword). If they do though they lose the hidden "double swing" bonus that using a 1hander gives them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Phosphine posted:

Man if the act 3 fire Merc enchants summons, and I'm assuming it does, I am pumped for both druid and necro.

:same:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

leper khan posted:

Also you're reading it wrong. It doesn't give bonus dps, the things just don't need to be hit to get the flat damage returned.

Dammit, you're totally right, I was 100% wrong.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I have to admit i'm a bit perplexed at seeing blizzard follow through on stuff, but I'm happy that diablo is getting some ongoing support and that they're trying to fix some really long running issues with it

Hopefully they keep it up. It's a couple of patches away from being a game that will still be around and good in 10 or 15 more years.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

If we're talking wish list items, I want them to fix armor and block so that it's actually useful when you're not standing still, and also fix the damage scaling on those piece of poo poo stygian dolls (or at least make it so they actually have to in melee range to hit you instead of annihilating 90% of your health bar as soon as they step within 15 feet of you).

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
something has to punish you for not having 105 fcr on your sorc as you teleport across act 3 hell

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yeah making durance 2 loving huge is a minor inconvenience for a sorc and a huge pain for a summoner necro etc. There's still plenty of balance to be had.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Make durance 2 smaller.
Make several act five zones smaller.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

something has to punish you for not having 105 fcr on your sorc as you teleport across act 3 hell

Dolls punish you for existing.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
As area size decreases, the benefit of being a sorc decreases. Smaller areas now.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
One thing I'd like to see looked at is pet pathing/ai/aggressiveness. Mercs, skeles and wolves all have the problem that theoretically, my killing speed could be pretty good, but in practice, half of them are doing nothing productive at any given time, even in non-hard geography. Maggot lair and arcane sanctuary etc are extra hell for summoners, but I dunno, a bindable "move/attack move"-skill for at least the two pet classes would do wonders.

This is also part of the reason skeleton mages are bad. This patch is improving their numbers, but if they don't shoot, and also end up in the way of my regular skeletons, they're a net loss regardless of how hard they would hit if they did.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They touched up minion AI in a very recent patch but idk what they did specifically, the tiny amount of necromancer summoner I played since it hit didn’t feel all that different to me

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Npc pathing was addressed in the previous patch. Now they even teleport tto you after a while (including sin traps :v:)

E:fb.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Yeah 2.3 touched on it briefly, but that only addressed severe issues like "your pets got stuck on an evil corner and ended up 3 screens away".

Which was good that they did, but it did nothing to adress "your pets stand still or move about randomly instead of attacking the mobs two feet away", which still happens more often than I think it should.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I couldnt run resurrected on my laptop so downloaded the classic LOD version. Found Sanders boots in act 3 and that +40 walk / run speed is hilarious on my amazon.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Question: is it worthwhile to even pick up and stash gems at this point?

I’ve got a lvl 80+ and a lvl 60+. Both in hell.

Playing online so there’s a shared stash. I’ve already filled up more than one stash screen with gems.

I don’t even know what I use them for… occasionally rolling to socket an item?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Npc pathing was addressed in the previous patch. Now they even teleport tto you after a while (including sin traps :v:)

E:fb.

The sin trap teleport issue was fixed in a recent mini patch. Yeah, it sucks. Was a great cow level bug

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Playing online so there’s a shared stash. I’ve already filled up more than one stash screen with gems.

Flawless make sense, cube them to perfect and use cube recipes to reroll Diablo/Ball/Nihl GCs.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

I mainly use em for crafting Blood gear for alts at this point. If you don't alt and you don't craft then I don't know what the point would be, but man it would be kind of nice to not have a ton of stash space full of gems, jewels, and lovely magic base items.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Just noticed the changes to Blade Shield on the Assassin - could actually be a useful source of extra damage now! (Shame it doesn't proc crushing blow, the old Blender build was comical)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

You can use 3pgems to reroll a magic item. You can use that to reroll Grand Charms to get skillers/skillers+something. Anything from Act3NM can roll as a skiller (in fact, act3NM are the highest chance of rolling a pure skiller due to item lvl); GCs dropped by Diablo, Nilhatak or Baal can roll up to the fabled +1skilltree/+45life - note that the chance of it happening is abysmal (like 33 on 10k) and that you can roll up to...+40? life on any skiller dropped in Hell.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
btw what is supposedly the effect of the server changes that are being PTR'ed right now? they can drop the game creation timer without reintroducing server instability? there's going to be fewer queues? something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

leper khan posted:

As area size decreases, the benefit of being a sorc decreases. Smaller areas now.

Consider the following:

1) Delete Teleport

or

2) Give everyone Teleport (without the need for an item)