Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your starting class?
Amazon
Assassin
Barbarian
Druid
Necromancer
Paladin
Sorceress
View Results

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Olpainless posted:

Just noticed the changes to Blade Shield on the Assassin - could actually be a useful source of extra damage now! (Shame it doesn't proc crushing blow, the old Blender build was comical)

It does proc crushing blow. Unlike blade fury, it uses weapon durability though, so you can't really use it with ethereal weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Tallgeese posted:

Consider the following:

1) Delete Teleport

or

2) Give everyone Teleport (without the need for an item)

I'm in favor of:

3) give teleport a 2s cool down.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Dragon Flight got its cooldown removed :grin:

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
So they did a ninja edit on the patch notes for both forms of shapeshifting, I checked out Llama's video and it wasn't in there: "Changed how attack speed is determined while transformed as a Werewolf. Attack speeds while transformed should match attack speeds while untransformed (enhanced by the Werewolf's increased attack speed)."

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

External Organs posted:

Dragon Flight got its cooldown removed :grin:

It still sucks because you can only teleport on top of mobs.

I'll still get a point, buts it's more escape than mobility.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

leper khan posted:

It does proc crushing blow. Unlike blade fury, it uses weapon durability though, so you can't really use it with ethereal weapons.

Last Wish Phase Blade is the way to go then.

Bonus, the charged bolt is on ATTACK so blade shield will proc that too.

... Oh god please let the PTR have rune sales so I can test this

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

crondaily posted:

So they did a ninja edit on the patch notes for both forms of shapeshifting, I checked out Llama's video and it wasn't in there: "Changed how attack speed is determined while transformed as a Werewolf. Attack speeds while transformed should match attack speeds while untransformed (enhanced by the Werewolf's increased attack speed)."

Nice! I hadn't noticed. Things are looking up in a big way for all forms of Druid. That's what happens when you start at the bottom lol

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

leper khan posted:

I'm in favor of:

3) give teleport a 2s cool down.

MODS ?!?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/84176/d2-act-6-streamer-indicates-d2r-expansion-possible-with-new/index.html

quote:

Diablo 2 streamer and speedrunner MrLlamaSC may have accidentally outed plans for a new Act 6 in Diablo 2 Resurrected.

"You want standard of heroes to do something? Well when Act 6...," MrLlama said, quickly realizing what he said on a Twitch live stream and deflecting with: "Yeah...that'd be great if they gave us some sort of way to use it."

large LARGE grain of salt so don't get all excited

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Question: is it worthwhile to even pick up and stash gems at this point?

I’ve got a lvl 80+ and a lvl 60+. Both in hell.

Playing online so there’s a shared stash. I’ve already filled up more than one stash screen with gems.

I don’t even know what I use them for… occasionally rolling to socket an item?

Any grandcharm that drops in hell is a candidate for +skills GCs rerolls. Your gems should be used for that at the minimum.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Pez already killed this https://youtu.be/bKe-ZO-4itc

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

what does he say in the video

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

alg posted:

To listen to community managers, which... lol

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

alg posted:

he's just pointing out that this is all a game of telephone, and (apparently) there is no recording of MrLlama saying anything about act 6

also a D2R dev said there is no Act 6, buuuuuuuttt.... it's not like they'd confirm a new D2R act in a random forum post re: something some streamer may or may not have said

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
https://twitter.com/MrLlamaSC/status/1485691381012221964

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
I mean. Denial is he standard playbook here. It's not inconceivable that he slipped it on purpose to market test sentiment for blizz. He's pretty deep in their pockets.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Found some ethereal uniques last night. How does durability wear work on those items? I have an eth Goldskin and Lidless Wall I want to get the most use out of.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Found some ethereal uniques last night. How does durability wear work on those items? I have an eth Goldskin and Lidless Wall I want to get the most use out of.

They repair when you personalize. Then they die.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Armor pieces slowly lose durability when you're hit, so don't get hit. You can also toss them on a merc and they'll stay at their current durability forever.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Man YouTube is just an awful place any more. Three clickbait headline videos lasting minutes, none of them from the guy who allegedly actually made the statement, about something that can be and has been relayed in two seconds flat by text.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

If someone told me 3+ years ago Blizzard would actually put real money to bring back Diablo 2 as a new skin after the poo poo they showed when they redid Warcraft 3 *and* patch it with new content, I would take it as a horrible attempt at gaslighting.

But they did. even though I did warn everyone to take it with a big honk of salt, there was that thought in the back of my mind that it could be possible.

:shrug:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dbrunski would never make such an error

I don't know anything about either of them really, I just know those are the two big ones who come up on YouTube and they both seem to know their poo poo

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Well, there's no act 6 yet, so Llama and the blizz blue post are being technically correct.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Act 6 will be a D4 launch event in 2027.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Remember Microsoft owns blizzard now, act 6 requires an Xbox subscription

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

How painful is leveling as a Smiter? I don't really like the Hammerdin playstyle much so I'm trying to figure out how far I can ride the Holy Fire build and how much of a chore it would be to go through NM / Hell as a Smiter, or if I should just give in and play Hammerdin until I'm ready to farm Ubers.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

How painful is leveling as a Smiter? I don't really like the Hammerdin playstyle much so I'm trying to figure out how far I can ride the Holy Fire build and how much of a chore it would be to go through NM / Hell as a Smiter, or if I should just give in and play Hammerdin until I'm ready to farm Ubers.

Ride holy fire through A4 nm, switch to hammers, switch to smite when you have the right gear/levels

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

If you are leveling a Smiter specifically to farm Ubers, it is presumably not your first character. In which case just get rushed and mooch xp from public Baal/Chaos runs as much as possible. Holy Fire should get you through normal, after that you can leech.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

If you stack crushing blow you can solo all the way to hell. I have a lvl81 smiter who isn't quite uber ready, but is very close. I just need a high res eth pally shield and he'll be ready. I didn't even respec, though once I build my Exile I'll probably respec out of defiance synergy and do resist lightning aura for the +max res since I was getting rocked by Gloams last time I did a baal run.

Speaking of uber smiter, what kind of resistances should I be looking for? I don't need to be strong enough to solo all 3 at the same time, just Meph. With Draculs Grasp plus Exile, once life tap hits, I should be g2g assuming I can survive his blizzard. I'll be using Ravenfrost for my CBF, and I'm currently using Duress for my armor, but I feel like I can upgrade that.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 25, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Is there a guide for post Hell Baal content?

Like I don’t even know what Ubers or keys are. I just googled them but I was hoping to find a guide.

Didn’t see anything on llamas site.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zeal enough to get max swings, focus on getting fant to 20, then dump into smite stuff. You can burn a respec later and supplement zeal with holy fire too. Zeals a fun, chill ride.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is there a guide for post Hell Baal content?

Like I don’t even know what Ubers or keys are. I just googled them but I was hoping to find a guide.

Didn’t see anything on llamas site.

You get keys from countess, summoner, nihlathak. These you use to farm organs. Organs you use to get into Uber tristram.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Llama has lots of ubers videos, here’s the guide to them he put out for D2R

https://youtu.be/fViG0e6GtX0

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Jay Rust posted:

They touched up minion AI in a very recent patch but idk what they did specifically, the tiny amount of necromancer summoner I played since it hit didn’t feel all that different to me

It's super noticeable with revives. Emilio & the skelegang were pretty good about keeping up but if you're running any distance all your revives would just wander off. Now they actually can keep up until they die from the timer which was super rare before.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Besides the aforementioned use of perfect gems for rerolling charms, perfect gems are also useful for crafting: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Crafting_Recipes

most of the slots are surpassed by cheap runeword options, but:

Blood items need Perfect Rubies
- Blood gloves are a guaranteed source of crushing blow
- Blood belts are a guaranteed source of Open Wounds
- Blood amulets are a guaranteed source of Faster Run Walk

Caster items need Perfect Amethysts
- Caster gloves are a guaranteed source of +mana regen, +max mana, and +mana per kill (this is not as WOW as crushing blow for a melee build, but nice gloves can be hard to find)
- Caster belts are a guaranteed source of Faster Cast, +mana regen and +max mana (again, this is good more because it's dependable)
- Caster boots are a guaranteed source of +max % mana, +mana regen and +max mana (adding a percentage of mana can add up to a lot, but OTOH if the recipe doesn't randomly roll with Faster Run Walk the results might mediocre)
- Caster amulets are a guaranteed source of Faster Cast, +mana regen, and +max mana (and the three other random affixes can turn this into a really good caster amulet if you're lucky)

Hitpower items need Perfect Sapphires; the gloves are a guaranteed source of Knockback, useful for bow-users at least

(I'll mention that there's one more category, Safety items, but AFAIK they're not really all that useful)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Besides the aforementioned use of perfect gems for rerolling charms, perfect gems are also useful for crafting: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Crafting_Recipes

Blood items need Perfect Rubies
- Blood gloves are a guaranteed source of crushing blow
- Blood belts are a guaranteed source of Open Wounds
- Blood amulets are a guaranteed source of Faster Run Walk

Caster items need Perfect Amethysts
- Caster gloves are a guaranteed source of +mana regen, +max mana, and +mana per kill (this is not as WOW as crushing blow for a melee build, but nice gloves can be hard to find)
- Caster belts are a guaranteed source of Faster Cast, +mana regen and +max mana (again, this is good more because it's dependable)
- Caster boots are a guaranteed source of +max % mana, +mana regen and +max mana (adding a percentage of mana can add up to a lot, but OTOH if the recipe doesn't randomly roll with Faster Run Walk the results might mediocre)
- Caster amulets are a guaranteed source of Faster Cast, +mana regen, and +max mana (and the three other random affixes can turn this into a really good caster amulet if you're lucky)

Hitpower items need Perfect Sapphires; the gloves are a guaranteed source of Knockback, useful for bow-users at least

(I'll mention that there's one more category, Safety items, but AFAIK they're not really all that useful)

Blood rings are pretty good at rolling dual-leech or can pull 12% life leech as well, which fits a useful niche.

Hitpower and safety items got massacred in the crafting nerf from 1.08 to 1.09, which is a shame.

Still hoping next content patch re-enables a bunch of those recipes, they were amazing.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Are the caster recipes (and possibly the amulet more than others) why perfect amethysts have exponentially more value in the trading market when compared to other perfect gems?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Sand Monster posted:

Are the caster recipes (and possibly the amulet more than others) why perfect amethysts have exponentially more value in the trading market when compared to other perfect gems?

Yes

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Putting ral ort tal into a 3 socketed shield only to afterwards see it was somehow blue with no effects...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sand Monster posted:

Yep, the amulets can be really good but you need a lot of rerolls.

The boots too if you want to chase something with all the crafting mods plus Faster Run Walk.