Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your starting class?
Amazon
Assassin
Barbarian
Druid
Necromancer
Paladin
Sorceress
View Results

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ineptitude posted:

Why they had to pick those out of all a3 enemies to add to a5 is beyond me.

A5 guest monsters were handpicked to be the most annoying monsters you could pair with A5 monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Yeah, like the ghosts that can go invisible and attack with lightning bolts that do physical damage.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

life_source posted:

Yeah, like the ghosts that can go invisible and attack with lightning bolts that do physical damage.

We'll go ahead and put those on a map where you cannot reach them without range or aoe.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Llama's first zod in "like, 30,000 hours" lol. Just some wholesome content, he's very happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muj04jcePk4

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
Anyone play a fireclaw druid since the 2.4 changes? I tried a shockbear but it's just not enough damage.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Well, I probably just had my single luckiest run in my 20+ year history of playing this game. Ber from a chest in Durance and Sur from cows right after. Now I just gotta do that one more time and Enigma will be mine! EZ

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I stopped playing this game a few months ago but I’m happy it was made and remastered and I enjoyed our time together, thread :)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I stopped playing this game a few months ago but I’m happy it was made and remastered and I enjoyed our time together, thread :)

Yep same boat. The thrill died after I found my first shako.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I played nightmare up to act 2 with my paladin but just got tired of it all

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I actually just had a Hawkmail drop and Cannot Be Frozen on a level 15 armor is waving a flag to me that it's time to make that Holy Fire Paladin

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Was totally not prepared for uber diablo this morning. Fortunately I was able to think fast and bought some junk Prevent Monster Heal sword off Charsi. Only a quick 35 minutes later, a 17/19 anni is mine!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am still going strong. I've gotten to endgame with every class but assassin now, really just because the trap play style isn't well suited for controllers.

Still don't have an anni, though. When the first ladder started, a bunch of clones were popping in non-ladder, but I didn't have a character that could kill him at the time. Hopefully when the second ladder starts it'll be the same and I can get one.

I cannot wait until PoE 2 drops so I can play the inevitable ripoff of a lightning fury javazon, that poo poo is fun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I leveled trapsin well enough through Hell but past a certain point you're just kind of gimping yourself if you can't precisely stack lightning sentries.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I missed the hype train because I was stuck on an old computer, but now I have a new one and I am enjoying this game all over again.

This is probably the best remaster of any game I have ever seen. Even the new graphical assets they added in don't look out of place. The extra ambient noises aren't great though and some other audio cues don't sound right, kinda taking the edge off what could've been an otherwise perfect remaster.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

I missed the hype train because I was stuck on an old computer, but now I have a new one and I am enjoying this game all over again.

This is probably the best remaster of any game I have ever seen. Even the new graphical assets they added in don't look out of place. The extra ambient noises aren't great though and some other audio cues don't sound right, kinda taking the edge off what could've been an otherwise perfect remaster.

There should be an announcement this week about a new PTR and potentially more ladder info, that should bump up the online activity quite a bit.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

crondaily posted:

There should be an announcement this week about a new PTR and potentially more ladder info, that should bump up the online activity quite a bit.

Apparently some rumours circling that it's a 1.10 scale set of changes, which should be fun.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Was totally not prepared for uber diablo this morning. Fortunately I was able to think fast and bought some junk Prevent Monster Heal sword off Charsi. Only a quick 35 minutes later, a 17/19 anni is mine!

Prevent Monster Heal doesn't work on Ubers, in order to stop their regen you need a source of Poison Damage, Open Wounds, or a ground fire effect that deals damage every frame.

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
PMH does work on Uber Diablo though (the one that drops anni) not to be confused with pandemonium diablo who spawns in Uber Tristram (it doesn't work on him as stated). And no, I have no idea why they're named do confusingly.

Cascade Failure fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 15, 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Uber Diablo, the one that drops Annihilus, came first, as a way to burn through stacks of duped SOJs

Pandemonium Diablo / Uber Tristram, came after, as a way to give decked-out players some kind of endgame content to aim for

they just never went back and "cleaned up" the naming

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I haven't had a chance to kill Diablo clone or any of the Ubers. Any suggestions on how to prepare for and tackle these fights?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Probably best to make a dedicated character to kill Ubers, like a smiter or a fury drood or something

Definitely want some dracul's gloves for the lifetap, some gore riders for CB and OW, and stack as much CB elsewhere as you can

Drink antidote pots before fighting Uber andariel, stack some max lightning res or lightning absorb for mephisto

The adds on Uber Diablo are immune to everything but phys

Wait until you have enough keys to open three ports at once so you are guaranteed to get one of each mini Uber

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Olpainless posted:

Apparently some rumours circling that it's a 1.10 scale set of changes, which should be fun.

Please have loot filters

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

A flat rarity filter wouldn't always work in D2 because some of the most improbably GG items out there are socketed greys with +3 skill rolls.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

A flat rarity filter wouldn't always work in D2 because some of the most improbably GG items out there are socketed greys with +3 skill rolls.

I just want to filter out the thousands of potions and scrolls that drop during cow runs

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

exquisite tea posted:

Superior ethereal grays with +3 skill roll!

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...

Olpainless posted:

Where have you seen the rumors of this being a patch that size? 1.10 completely changed the game.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Random Hero posted:

Where have you seen the rumors of this being a patch that size? 1.10 completely changed the game.

For the worse

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

wrong arpg

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
If they could make golemancers and skeletal mages viable again, I would be the happiest necro.

leper khan posted:

For the worse

it's been drat near two decades dude, it's not healthy holding a grudge that long

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Golemancers I think could be helped a lot by giving Iron Maiden the same treatment they did to Thorns Aura. Another easy fix would be to go with the Druid route and let the Necro have multiple Golems active at the same time, though that does end up making the Golemancer resemble a regular Skelemancer.

Skeletal Mages are tricky: the damage is in a relatively good place by the raw math, but the problem is that their collision with each other, and their attack behavior to fire from maximum range, means that you very quickly run into diminishing returns where you have a bunch of mages standing around doing nothing AND they're blocking your melee Skeletons from being able to hit the enemy. I'm not sure how to really fix that - maybe they could reduce the number of mages but then concentrate the firepower proportionally? Just make the Mages ignore collision? Drastically increase their missile speed?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Random Hero posted:

Apparently mentioned on a llama stream. A bit second hand, but it seems fairly obvious he's the main blizz community contact so... here's hoping.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm not sure how to really fix that

Eastern Sun, a d2 mod, somehow fixed it*. Im sure Blizzard can manage to as well.

*they made pet AI a lot better, not just skel mages

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Olpainless posted:

Apparently mentioned on a llama stream. A bit second hand, but it seems fairly obvious he's the main blizz community contact so... here's hoping.

Yesterday, while I was watching, he said he didn't know anything about things being added in patch 2.5

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think they said there would be a PTR, so changes big enough to warrant a PTR

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

crondaily posted:

Yesterday, while I was watching, he said he didn't know anything about things being added in patch 2.5

God knows then.

Apparently PTR notes are due next week though?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I think they said there would be a PTR, so changes big enough to warrant a PTR

This could just be a couple new rune words.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
something I hope they'd still work on is the graphics on the Switch - specifically, anything rendered with fur turns into this ugly checkerboard pattern. It's not too bad if you're on handheld, and for most players would only manifest in the Abominations in Act 5... but if you're a Summoner Druid and playing on docked mode, I find the wolves and the bear distractingly ugly enough that at times I've turned on Legacy Graphics instead

I've also gotten a number of crashes playing on the PS4, which is especially frustrating if it strikes in a long stretch between a waypoint. I wonder if it has something to do with the PS4 still using a platter HDD, since the game is otherwise completely crash-free on the Switch and PS5

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Olpainless posted:

God knows then.

Apparently PTR notes are due next week though?

The twitter post from pezradar said mid August but he works for blizzard so that could be week 4 of August.

Edit:
Oh hey https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1559251853275062272?t=xO7pBvjz-0bTWfcMaf1jfg&s=19

crondaily fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 16, 2022

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Holy crap did I kill a lot of cows to get a monarch for my offline sorc. Found two with two sockets and then a magic one (zero magic find) before finally getting a white one, so I guess that's like four 1:6000 rolls total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

gradenko_2000 posted:

Skeletal Mages are tricky: the damage is in a relatively good place by the raw math, but the problem is that their collision with each other, and their attack behavior to fire from maximum range, means that you very quickly run into diminishing returns where you have a bunch of mages standing around doing nothing AND they're blocking your melee Skeletons from being able to hit the enemy. I'm not sure how to really fix that - maybe they could reduce the number of mages but then concentrate the firepower proportionally? Just make the Mages ignore collision? Drastically increase their missile speed?

I think it would be interesting if you were limited to 4 skeletal mages, one of each flavor, so it's consistent and you don't have to screw around with unsummoning the cold mages or whatever. Then dial up the numbers to make them good enough to use. Maybe add in a synergy with Fire Golem or something. Speeding up their missiles is probably a good idea, too.

revtoiletduck fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 16, 2022