Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your starting class?
Amazon
Assassin
Barbarian
Druid
Necromancer
Paladin
Sorceress
View Results

Malah
May 18, 2015

Fade also has DR on top of its resistances so it's just universal Take Less Damage, and once you've got a better armor you can always just swap it off once Fade procs.

Boggles the mind that nowadays people talk about just upgrading to a Tal helm or Andariel's Visage as if it's a simple thing. I've only ever found a handful of items that I've specifically sought out over the past two decades, so I've always had to either trade up or make do with patchwork runewords and rares.

Chucat posted:

Yeah so Treachery is helping a lot, I lucked out and got an Eth Colossus Voulge which I Larzuked up and put Insight into again, which helps a bit more, I'm basically just waiting for Lifesteal now.

It's crazy that this is the first time I've done a run like this and not seen a Tal helm, since that'd probably solve all my problems (temporarily).
Blood craft is a serviceable stop gap for merc life steal, though looking at it now Bulwark is certainly better given the %DR unless the craft rolls something wild.

Malah fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tal’s helm is a fairly common drop. It’s certainly possible to have never found one in 20+ years of playing casually, but rather unlikely. On ladder you basically can’t even give them away. Andy’s are a lot rarer though.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Started playing D2 for the first time in over two decades. 25 hours into my play time, on my second NM Baal run, I decided to also hit Shenk and he dropped an Oculus. :dance:

Malah
May 18, 2015

That's the good stuff!

exquisite tea posted:

Tal’s helm is a fairly common drop. It’s certainly possible to have never found one in 20+ years of playing casually, but rather unlikely. On ladder you basically can’t even give them away. Andy’s are a lot rarer though.
I've found the belt and weapon on my own; I traded up to a full set once. I've been unlucky enough with sets that I'd say the most convenient single piece I've found was Aldur's boots. Life/FR/40% R/W brum brum.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I mean my current SP playthrough is cursed in what I'm finding and not finding. I've got two Vipermagi, two IK chests(!!!) but I haven't seen a single Tal Helm and I haven't seen a single Monarch or Ward at all either, to the point I'm legitimately considering hacking one in.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

If I have respecs available and I'm willing to burn them to get through it, what is the best build to clear Hell Chaos Sanctuary for my SSF druid? I was running primarily fire and it's just not happening.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Sand Monster posted:

If I have respecs available and I'm willing to burn them to get through it, what is the best build to clear Hell Chaos Sanctuary for my SSF druid? I was running primarily fire and it's just not happening.

Wind, it does two damage types (cold and physical).

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

crondaily posted:

Wind, it does two damage types (cold and physical).

Thanks, that worked well.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Holy crap I got an Annihilus.

Was just making my way solo through act 3 hell on a slightly underleveled/undergeared WW barb and the screen shook and some message I've never seen before about Diablo invading Sanctuary came up. I looked it up and... huh, Uber Diablo? poo poo, that sounds hard. Oh well, no harm in trying.

Tracked him down, my merc died immediately which didn't seem like a good sign. Through some combination of luck, lots of life steal, and some boots with open wounds I managed to whittle him down and win without dying though!

That charm is a hell of a prize. I got a perfect roll on the attributes, though somewhat meh rolls on exp and resists. Still, the difference in my survivability was immediately noticeable.

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 28, 2024

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Holy crap I got an Annihilus.

Was just making my way solo through act 3 hell on a slightly underleveled/undergeared WW barb and the screen shook and some message I've never seen before about Diablo invading Sanctuary came up. I looked it up and... huh, Uber Diablo? poo poo, that sounds hard. Oh well, no harm in trying.

Tracked him down, my merc died immediately which didn't seem like a good sign. Through some combination of luck, lots of life steal, and some boots with open wounds I managed to whittle him down and win without dying though!

That charm is a hell of a prize. I got a perfect roll on the stats, though somewhat meh rolls on the other stats. Still, the difference in my survivability was immediately noticeable.

:toot:

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
Lifting this out of the graveyard to post a very cruel April Fools joke: https://www.wowhead.com/news/diablo-2-resurrected-expansion-leaked-the-golden-city-338396

It is especially cruel because it lists a number of QOL improvements that D2 players have been asking about forever, not to mention new areas and content.

I mean, ha ha or whatever, but seems like a pretty lovely joke to me

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
A loot filter and stackable items! What a jape!!!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

TracerBullet posted:

Lifting this out of the graveyard to post a very cruel April Fools joke: https://www.wowhead.com/news/diablo-2-resurrected-expansion-leaked-the-golden-city-338396

It is especially cruel because it lists a number of QOL improvements that D2 players have been asking about forever, not to mention new areas and content.

I mean, ha ha or whatever, but seems like a pretty lovely joke to me
The worst part is it's just a scheme to promote some dude's Twitch stream

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

literally just make runes stack and the game will be set for life

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Hello Diablo 2 thread. There is (or was) a web site with a really convenient checklist for runes. It showed where to best farm every rune, where to best farm item bases, and the more runes you checked off as collected, it would show rune words that you were close to. I can't find it among the 9000 other D2 rune word site. Does anybody know what I site I'm thinking about?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Node posted:

Hello Diablo 2 thread. There is (or was) a web site with a really convenient checklist for runes. It showed where to best farm every rune, where to best farm item bases, and the more runes you checked off as collected, it would show rune words that you were close to. I can't find it among the 9000 other D2 rune word site. Does anybody know what I site I'm thinking about?

not everything you want, but youre partly looking for https://www.purediablo.com/strategy/diablo-2-rune-finder-guide

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Node posted:

Something like this? https://d2r.guide/

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Node posted:

There's an android app called tome of D2 that does this, and a ton of other very useful poo poo

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

hawowanlawow posted:

There's an android app called tome of D2 that does this, and a ton of other very useful poo poo

I use the same app on iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tome-of-d2/id1446555252

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

leper khan posted:

not everything you want, but youre partly looking for https://www.purediablo.com/strategy/diablo-2-rune-finder-guide

Thanks, I think it was d2r.guide. I wish clicking on a rune would tell me the best place to farm it, but its basically always countess unless its a very high level rune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Node posted:

Thanks, I think it was d2r.guide. I wish clicking on a rune would tell me the best place to farm it, but its basically always countess unless its a very high level rune.

ghosts have a drop table that slightly favors runes, so people farm the arcane sanctuary for them

also the super chests in act 3