Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your starting class?
Amazon
Assassin
Barbarian
Druid
Necromancer
Paladin
Sorceress
View Results

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

External Organs posted:

This all does feel properly nostalgic though. A+ so far. What would diablo even be without server issues.

tbh I'm enjoying just shitposting in the lobby, that itself is a nostalgic experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im having fun while it was working, sorceress owns with a controller, no having to F1 right click/F2 right click/F3 right click to go between fire bolt/ice nova/static field is so nice, im just loving ducking and weaving and dropping novas and poo poo, its dope.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

bemusedchunk posted:

they have a history of servers making GBS threads the bed on launch day so digital or not doesn't matter.

I think their point was that being digital-only and solely available through their own store front there are exact sales figures to better estimate demand. I'm quite impressed it lasted 45 minutes before collapsing, that's gotta be a record for a blizz game, though I'm sure it's more due to the odd launch time and lower demand than anything they did.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Yeah this doesn't even sound bad so far. Sure they could do better but even PoE absolutely shits their beds on launch sometimes. (preferred queue, paying streamers to get connection issues all stream, etc.)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

smoobles posted:

tbh I'm enjoying just shitposting in the lobby, that itself is a nostalgic experience

I'm at work, how's that chat gem feel?!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
What IS that gem?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Zerilan posted:

What IS that gem?

If you have to ask...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

ultrachrist posted:

gonna wait to see if I can pick this up used some time down the line, but was absorbing some nostalgia looking at gameplay. I was curious what the PS4 trophies would be and there's one for leveling a hardcore character to 99! Wasn't reaching 99 an insane grind in the og version? I remember something like... you hit the late 80s, maybe early 90s and then it takes weeks.

Ugh, I was really hoping they'd have some fun with the trophy list and not do this grindy bullshit.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

they should've done a stress test or two

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lol @ anyone expecting to play a Blizzard game on launch day

never been possible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grimdude posted:

Just lol if you had hopes set on playing it reliably before like Saturday.

I mean you can play offline just fine, so in this regard its still a huge step up from the Diablo III launch. Its just connecting to battle.net is the problem. Game is fully playable right now, just not with other people.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
When burning crusade launched they did a 1 hour emergency maintenance that got extended by 1 hour six times

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Please work

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rumor is there's a gem dupe bug. That might be part of why the servers are down.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

smoobles posted:

Diablo II: Resurrected - I got loaded too early for this

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
By the way, there seems to be an issue with GPU temps even on powerful PCs: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/d2r-gpu-temps-are-up-there/38885

Solution seems to be to cap FPS ingame at 60 and check; some people had to lower the resolution scaling as well.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Diablo II: Resurrected - I got loaded too early for this

"i took 4 vyvanses for this" got me

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
from what i've seen on streams, the in lobby shitposting might alone be worth the $40

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I long for the nostalgic experience of getting to Nightmare Durance of Hate easily and then getting one-shot by those little kamikaze skeleton poo poo heads.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

So is PS5 going to be a drastically worse experience.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

smoobles posted:

"i took 4 vyvanses for this" got me

Alycat came to win

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

You'd think since they've got activision money they could spin up some extra servers for the launch but i guess all that money is gonna be pissed away defending their chauvinist asses

lol bobby k and his chud buds got that money

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

You'd think since they've got activision money they could spin up some extra servers for the launch but i guess all that money is gonna be pissed away defending their chauvinist asses

Apparently all of Blizzards games are understaffed currently. Mass layoffs, people quitting, and no leadership left at the company.

Bobson Dugnutt
Jan 1, 2020

Was just able to make a new game

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Carmant posted:

So is PS5 going to be a drastically worse experience.

I watched mt buddy play the beta on PS5.

I still don't know how or why anyone plays ARPGs on console. The inventory takes up the entire screen which itself is a travesty.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

can we make an lljk chat channel?

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

queeb posted:

im having fun while it was working, sorceress owns with a controller, no having to F1 right click/F2 right click/F3 right click to go between fire bolt/ice nova/static field is so nice, im just loving ducking and weaving and dropping novas and poo poo, its dope.

Is there a way to get this behaviour on mouse and keyboard, or can you only rebind the F keys and still have to manually select then click?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lol I got to play for a bit, now I can't join any games because it thinks my character is already in a game

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Diablo 3 felt great on console, I ended up actually preferring it. If D2 handles it even remotely the same it will be perfectly fine aside from not being able to be as precise with teleports and poo poo, but someone upthread mentioned that playing Sorc was actually smoother / required less button pressing on controller.

Anecdotally I also ran into way fewer (i.e. zero) bugs on console compared to PC, which I guess is probably the big benefit of of being able to optimize things for one very specific architecture instead of trying to make it play nice with every conceivable combination of modern hardware / drivers / etc.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

DrBox posted:

Is there a way to get this behaviour on mouse and keyboard, or can you only rebind the F keys and still have to manually select then click?

controller only it looks like

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Really enjoying how much the new visuals make the necro look like a pathetic old drunk wino.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just entered the catacombs in Diablo 1, sounds like I may still have enough time for a decent chance of finishing my Melee Rogue character before I create her spiritual successor in the remaster.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

queeb posted:

controller only it looks like

Brutal. Seems like such an easy QoL thing to add. I got my nostalgia out of the way a while ago playing the original so I'll probably wait this one out.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Go go skelebros

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I also played D1 and Hellfire this week. Gotta love that Tristram track.

Hellfire kinda sucks but at least you can move faster in town. Plus enemies kept dropping consumables that permanently upgraded gear so that was neat.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
So TCP/IP was gone, right? My annual "eat pizza and play d2" weekend will have to stay in original d2 I guess :/

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

I’m impressed there’s enough people wanting to play this game at this time of day (work time for US at least) to cause a server crash.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Trying to set up a controller (8BitDo).

The problem is that the buttons are reversed -- when I press the "A", the game thinks I am hitting "B" (and vice versa), and then the same for "X" and "Y". Anyone know what I should do to fix that?

Edit: Actually I think the problem is that the game thinks it's an XBox controller and that is the correct button placement there. Apparently my controller is the opposite. So nothing I can do most likely.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 23, 2021

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Screenshot of button layout in game for above post.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Grimdude posted:

I also played D1 and Hellfire this week. Gotta love that Tristram track.

Hellfire kinda sucks but at least you can move faster in town. Plus enemies kept dropping consumables that permanently upgraded gear so that was neat.

Was it your first time replaying in a while? How did you feel about the base game?