Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your starting class?
Amazon
Assassin
Barbarian
Druid
Necromancer
Paladin
Sorceress
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I haven't been paying that much attention but it doesn't seem like D2R has shaken things up that much from LoD, definitely nowhere near 1.10 level at least. I noticed for Assassin that they took out some of the Death Sentry synergies and buffed Martial Arts a little but it doesn't seem like any of the most prevalent builds and gearing pathways from LoD have been overhauled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Skeletal mages would be a lot more fun if each element had their own unique type of missile, instead of a slow moving blob of elemental energy. I doubt anything like that is coming to D2R but I'm imagining fire skellies casting mini meteors. Frozen orbs, chain lightning, poison nova, etc.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Depending on Blizz's view of current/desired power level of summon necro, an obvious improvement, besides ai/fewer stronger mages, would be to give them all every element and have them pick based on target resistance. Poison being strictly worse and the others sometimes sucking is a very fiddly problem, and unless it would make them too strong, removing it feels like just a win.

Murder Noveau
Jul 25, 2007
Maybe death is a gift.

palindrome posted:

Skeletal mages would be a lot more fun if each element had their own unique type of missile, instead of a slow moving blob of elemental energy. I doubt anything like that is coming to D2R but I'm imagining fire skellies casting mini meteors. Frozen orbs, chain lightning, poison nova, etc.

You'd think they could update skele mages the same way they updated the A3 mercs. I'd love to see mages have 2-3 spells per element and be possibly useful.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Does anyone wanna buy some of my poo poo? I'm about 1-2 HRs away from trading up to a Jah to finish my Enigma and I've got some random crap lying around my stash that's too specific to go for anything over the trade channel. I'll take anything for an Um on up. Yuppidoo#1198

I've also got:

+1 Bows +6 Dex Grand Charm
+1 Lightning Grand Charm
+1 Druid Summoning Skills GC

- String of Ears, 7% Lifesteal Dracul's, Eth Hellslayer, +4 Ondal's Wisdom, Perfect Bloodletter, Laying of Hands, 4 keys and a token
- Bunch of midtier junk like Magefist, Snowclash, Goldwrap, Razor's Edge, 3/5 Tal's and IK, etc.

Murder Noveau
Jul 25, 2007
Maybe death is a gift.

exquisite tea posted:

Does anyone wanna buy some of my poo poo? I'm about 1-2 HRs away from trading up to a Jah to finish my Enigma and I've got some random crap lying around my stash that's too specific to go for anything over the trade channel. I'll take anything for an Um on up. Yuppidoo#1198

I think I have an Um and Ist that you can just have. Memnokkh#1317

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Thanks, I friended you. :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Update: Murder Noveau graciously tried to lend me some runes, alas my character is non-ladder. :argh: However, shortly thereafter I found a very lucky Griffon's Eye that I then traded up for a Jah and now Enigma is mine once more! I'm now 2 SoJs away from replicating my old trapsin from almost 20 years ago, although with the new D3 season right around the corner I might just settle for my 2x BKWBs. Don't think I'll have the stamina to remake my Burizon.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Get terrorized, nerds.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2/23816418/diablo-ii-resurrected-ptr-2-5-terror-zones-now-live

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

This isn't good for melee builds in terms of kill speed, I don't care to race people or anything but the builds that fly through density today will be even smarter to use with these changes. I do like the change though as a guy who has never even sniffed 99.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

quote:

Fixed an issue where players on console and controller would sometimes get the red-flash indicator for health loss while performing an inventory update.

Nice

Didn't see a fix for using charges on items breaking controller bindings though, that sucks rear end

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

crondaily posted:

This isn't good for melee builds in terms of kill speed, I don't care to race people or anything but the builds that fly through density today will be even smarter to use with these changes. I do like the change though as a guy who has never even sniffed 99.

If you don't care about racing other builds, I don't understand the problem.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToK7Y4rZzCw

noice

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

If you don't care about racing other builds, I don't understand the problem.

Melee already has a huge disadvantage and it's just growing in size, going to these areas to level my characters instead of the typical lame baal runs is harder for a melee build than a caster.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I think I'm misunderstanding fundamentally because the disadvantage seems to exist only in the context of comparing speed to other classes.

E to clarify I'm not trying to start poo poo, I just really want to understand cause I care too much about this game and want to know how everyone feels. I totally agree that melee buffs would be dope as poo poo and class parity would be cool

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 25, 2022

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I don't get it, either. Cool that the devs are adding new features, though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I think people are disappointed that they're making a big change like this which only furthers the performance gap between melee and aoe caster builds, rather than something that is more beneficial for melee. It's still a positive change, just more positive for the classes that already have way more things going for them.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
I am excited for improved rate quality

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

They added neutral pronouns :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Can’t watch at the moment - what’s the tldr?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Can’t watch at the moment - what’s the tldr?

you can use metalgrid to make an insight iron golem and it persists when you log out and back in, so you can rock infinity on your a2 merc or run an a5 frenzy merc and still have the meditation aura from insight

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Iron golem from metal grid used to disappear when you quit out I guess. Now it doesn't so you can have a dope iron golem on any character now and don't have to choose between insight and infinity. Why not both?

E: hey gently caress you bro

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Melee falling further behind makes the (probably correct) assumption that terrorized areas won't offer much for melee compared to casters. So your barbs stuck slumming it in the pit while the hammerdin is off wrecking mlvl90 white mobs wherever they show up. Part of it's due to melee builds kind of getting pigeon-holed into only certain areas so if that area isn't terrorized welp too bad.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I got a message in-game telling me there was a terror zone happening in sanctuary, but I'm not on ptr. Do both live and test share the same messaging system?

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

I think people are disappointed that they're making a big change like this which only furthers the performance gap between melee and aoe caster builds, rather than something that is more beneficial for melee. It's still a positive change, just more positive for the classes that already have way more things going for them.

This is a much better explanation than what I provided, but this 100%.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Finished CTA and grabbed an Arachnid Mesh, so now I'm only 2 SoJs away from perfectly replicating my old LoD trapsin. But with the new D3 season starting, that seems like a good place to stop.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I bought this while half drunk last week, it was on sale and I wanted really to try it.

Well, color me surprised. I spent, like everyone here I guess, my teen years on this game - I'd never think its formula would still be so fresh today.
Also, VV did a hell of a job on putting a new coat of paint on the graphics.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
Immunities can be removed without Infinity using a GC now: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2/23816418/diablo-ii-resurrected-ptr-2-5-terror-zones-now-live

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

Just cap monster resistance at 95% across the board. This is a stupid convoluted fix to something with a much better and simpler solution of just removing the unfun mechanic at the core.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I think the sunder charms are great ideas - not being able to break immunity sucks and there's some sort of clear tradeoff to using them instead of having native answers.

They are probably going to centralize builds a ton though (and be super unattainable for the general population but what else is new).

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't think the reduction in player resistance trade-off is necessary

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Uhh do sunder charms work with assassin traps? Traps don't work with infinity etc because they're counted as minions.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

^^^ Traps will work with Infinity because of the Conviction Aura, they don’t benefit from any -Resistance affixes though.

It only breaks immunities down to 95% which doesn’t sound worth it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

exquisite tea posted:

^^^ Traps will work with Infinity because of the Conviction Aura, they don’t benefit from any -Resistance affixes though.

95% before other reduction effects seems fine since most single source builds have stuff to reduce enemy resists to their element

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'll definitely be rocking one on my poison Necro

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It'll make those facets more powerful too.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

exquisite tea posted:

It means if you use sunder the other -res affixes you're using are fully effective now instead of fractionally. The math for breaking resists really sucks without sunder. Something like 1/5th effectiveness before you break the immunity.

That being said I wouldn't touch these charms at all in hardcore.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 16, 2022

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Lamebot posted:

I think they look interesting for opening up specific items that you would use to counter act the resistance hit. After checking Arreat Summit for 5 minutes you could run something weird like Radaments Sphere or Bramble or i swear there is something that has massive cold resists but i cant find it so whatever.

Plus rare items with an overabundance of a single resistance could become decent trading fodder.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's definitely going to own for a full vampire set poison necro, because you have tons of res naturally with the set and it doesn't have boots, so you can just slap on some treks which are bis anyway if you're going max block to take advantage of the set

now if they'll just help out the vamp form cast frames a little bit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Lamebot posted:

It means if you use sunder the other -res affixes you're using are fully effective now instead of fractionally. The math for breaking resists really sucks without sunder. Something like 1/5th effectiveness before you break the immunity.

The poison one is probably fine...