Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your starting class?
Amazon
Assassin
Barbarian
Druid
Necromancer
Paladin
Sorceress
View Results

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

zooted heh posted:

If thats the case do I have to redo the bug everytime I kill her?

If you bug her the first time, it's "permanent" from then on -- i.e. she's on farm status if you bug her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rumor is there's a gem dupe bug. That might be part of why the servers are down.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Trying to set up a controller (8BitDo).

The problem is that the buttons are reversed -- when I press the "A", the game thinks I am hitting "B" (and vice versa), and then the same for "X" and "Y". Anyone know what I should do to fix that?

Edit: Actually I think the problem is that the game thinks it's an XBox controller and that is the correct button placement there. Apparently my controller is the opposite. So nothing I can do most likely.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 23, 2021

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Screenshot of button layout in game for above post.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

External Organs posted:

Nope, they stick around like other quest rewards - imbues, larzuk sockets etc.

Wait I can use 3x imbue in Hell if I want?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

bawfuls posted:

Countess is the best place to farm runes before the true high runes.

If I want to farm the Countess online with a friend, does that mean that I create an online game, go in and defeat her, exit the game, create a new one, [rinse/repeat] ?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

euphronius posted:

What is the best website for game Info. I’m nit using a fandom site

I've been educating myself with https://d2.maxroll.gg.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

How do you switch server region?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

Questions like these are the ones that have the best chance of running me off. It implies there's this entire universe of metaknowledge that I haven't even begun to scratch, that the game literally never tells you directly, that seems to be where most of the fun comes from. How do I access that stuff and even if I do access it, will it take the next several months to internalize it?

I played D2 when it first came out and then again like ten years ago (single player) so I'm a new player for all intents and purposes at this point. I watched most of MrLlamaSC's videos for guided playthroughs of the game on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLchTMRijDSBxXHn-8NkGCS81-kBm72vzW) and found them invaluable. He's a speed runner at heart so he tends to go way too fast at times, but he does slow down and explain things. If you have in mind a character you'd like to play, I'd suggest watching the guided playthrough for that class; otherwise, if you have time, maybe check out a few of them to see if you find a character that you find interesting. You can then head over to https://d2.maxroll.gg and read the guide for your character and it will suggest what types of items to look for.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

When does ladder start, or is it TBD?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

ZombieCrew posted:

I keep all runes, jewels, gems, uniques, and set items currently.

What are jewels saved for? The crafting recipes?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

or, since Paladin shields spawn with natural +resistance mods, you want a shield that already has some +resist on it before you build Ancient's Pledge in it

Is there a max number that a paladin shield will roll for +resistance in Normal? I found one with +9 in A2 and I'm not sure if I should use it for Ancient's Pledge now or if I may find a better one later.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Paladin_Items

+9 res all is kinda low and you could hold out for at least +16 or higher

although also remember that diamonds in a shield socket is also res all so something like three chippies in a targe with +9 is perfectly fine

Thanks. I can go the diamonds route as a stop gap before I find a higher one then.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

davecrazy posted:

Just logged in and all my characters are gone.

Hopefully they come back!

The characters are likely fine, it's just that Battle.net is offline.

Allegedly Blizzard has been trying to combat item duping exploits the last few days. Instead of acknowledging this as the reason, they just bring the entire system down and label it with a generic "login issues".

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Running a hammerdin (and learning the character) and finding mana drain an annoyance. Is it worth socketing a helm with one of the various gems or runes that offers mana regen or mana per kill to assist with this? I'm currently using a RalRal helm for the fire resist but I could re-do it with just one Ral rune for the resist and another rune/gem for the mana regen or mana per kill.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

crondaily posted:

I don't think so, in order to get out of mana burn hell you need to kill the monster causing it and I'd rather have some safety from resists during that time. Get your Merc to do more damage and carry a sleeve of mana pots.

gradenko_2000 posted:

if you're talking about monsters with the Mana Burn special ability or the Ghost-type monsters, mana-per-kill or mana regen at the level of a single item isn't really going to help all that much - they're still going to shut down your mana the moment you get hit

don't get hit and try your best to kill them from a distance

Sorry, I wordered it poorly and probably shouldn't have said "mana drain" -- I meant just using my mana in the course of casting hammers, not from any detrimental effects from monsters.

What I was asking was basically if it's worth trying to add some mana regen or mana per kill to my gear so that I can avoid having to chug mana potions constantly.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Good suggestions. Thanks!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

uPen posted:

Apparently the game never kicks you off for being AFK, guess I'm just gonna be online till they sort out their queue problems.

Do you have to be in a game? I tried to let it sit in the lobby and when I came back and tried to join games, I got a bunch of "an error has occurred" and assumed I had been kicked.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

So uh, I haven't really played Diablo 2 since I was 11, and it is now 20 years later and I'm back in for the remake. The last time I played, all trade was conducted using sojs and it seems that the duping and such has been fixed so my question is, for my first character how in the ever living hell am I supposed to get some of these runewords and stuff without having anything to start trading with?

Just play through the game. The runes drop fairly regularly as you progress and they'll be useful for something. You can just build your character up as you go and if you really need to acquire the ultra end game runes and you haven't found them on your own, perhaps you will have found some items that you can trade once that time comes.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Frog Act posted:

So is there just always a queue?

Seems like the trend is only around this time which is prime time for Asia. In the afternoons / evenings in the U.S. there hasn't been a queue.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Frog Act posted:

Is it normal for the queue to not change? Been in it for 10 minutes and my position is still 146. Guess I just have to alt-F4 and come back later :(

It doesn't move much at first but updates more frequently the longer you sit in it. The devs acknowledged as much in an update. I've never waited more than 20 minutes and that was when I was like 350+ in the queue.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

e: f,b

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BattleMaster posted:

I guess now I have to find a +3 summon/+3 mastery wand for White

Not specific to you but a general question on this: do you look (hope) for a wand that has 2 sockets in cases like this, or is it more efficient to just use the Larzuk quest to add sockets?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Not all wand bases can get 2 sockets, beware

What is the rule for which can get 2 and which cannot?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

If it looks like a bone or has a skull on it, it can.
If it looks like a Q-tip or a branch with feathers, it can't.

Thanks! And for those that can get two, will they always get 2 from Larzuk quest?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I found a 3os scepter with my Hammerdin (currently in A1 NM) with +2 blessed hammer. Are there any jewels / runes / gems that would be useful for this? I was planning to use a Spirit shortly but wasn't sure if the scepter might offer something better.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

i am always confused by this post, every guide ive watched of his has budget gear options in the video. i haven't watched all of them, i guess

I've watched almost all of MrLlama's guide videos. He completes Hell with things like Stealth runeword and other items he picks up in normal. Occasionally he'll luck into a sweet drop or two but for the most part he's severely under geared.

If I have any quibble with his guides at all, it's that he prioritizes things like +FRW gear (at the expense of any other stat) and teleporting, not because either are significantly important to completing the game, but because his speedrunner instincts kick in and he just wants to complete maps as quickly as possible. He also skips over quests that aren't necessary. Again, it's not a big deal, but for a guide for completing the game and his stated goal of trying to teach how to play the game, I think it would make sense to not rush past things.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

kw0134 posted:

The shared stash gold reservoir is already full!

As a broader question, what should I use all the gold that I've saved up on? Is gambling the only endeavor that has any worth at all (and exceedingly low odds of anything remotely useful as it is)? There's no economy to speak of where I can convert my gold into something useful for trading, is there?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AgentX posted:

Skulls in particular are somewhat valued for being able to re-roll diadems/circlets in the cube.

Which recipe from the page you linked (https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Horadric_Cube_Recipes) applies to re-rolling a circlet? Is it the 6 perfect skulls one?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

How would i go about getting an isenhearts helm?

I have tried making a N game but no dice. Im also assuming theres no trading for such a low item on d2jsp.

Here's a few available: https://traderie.com/diablo2resurrected/product/3930858950

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I recently moved up to Hell with my trap assassin and the difficulty curve is hitting pretty hard with her. Between my merc (A2 holy freeze) dying effectively non-stop and trying to break immunity on monsters (to varying levels of success), I am not sure what the best approach is. My merc is using an Insight but has likely poor gear elsewhere. I don't have much in the way of currency to make trades, with my highest level rune being one Ko. Are there any items I can target to upgrade and make this... not as frustrating?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Thanks for the tips, I will research those. I think I was trying to push ahead too quickly without grinding away for some gear.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Olpainless posted:

And honestly, the Travincal Council is probably worth hitting too. Its dense and off a WP.

And prepare for your merc to die every time.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I'm wearing a ring (Raven Frost) with "Cannot Be Frozen", yet I can still be frozen. Are there exceptions to it?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Chipped gems are more valuable than perfect gems

Why is that?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Just found a Tal Rasha's Guardianship from a random basket in A5.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I'd love to have an Infinity. My trapsin is such a slog when I run into lightning immune, especially those that I can't break with a lower res wand. And even those that I can break it seems like they get the lightning immunity affix reapplied a few seconds later.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

it's not that surprising. the holidays have just finished up, and ActiBlizz is probably an extremely chaotic company to work for right now. i'm guessing we see some communication about what is going to be in the PTR in the next week-ish, and a PTR will come up before the end of January.

What is a PTR and how does it work in the D2 context?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I've been stashing away every jewel that I've found and now have a full tab of them. Are there any affixes that are of value, and/or any simple classification that I can use to assess a "junk jewel" from one that may have some value ? I did a brief scan of a Discord trading channel and see jewels being offered with + to enhanced damage, max damage, and IAS. Are any other attributes worthwhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Thanks for the jewel feedback. I ended up finding a spreadsheet someone made that seems like a good reference for assessing values and thought I'd link here in case anyone else finds it informative: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19L5QcydESISf9HuqdfsT-lnEAE8wxFHrnoYnQ-RlRNk/edit?usp=sharing