Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Get your chuckles in now, it'll be harder to laugh once crypto speculation balloons to the point that it underpins the entire US economy, inevitably triggering the Second Great Depression. Total economic collapse, a million Americans literally dying of starvation every year (while we're destroying food, to keep prices up), and the inciting event for it all will be Elon Musk talking poo poo about the latest cryptocoin based on an inscrutable meme and/or media franchise.

Wait, no, goons will probably still laugh at that. Carry on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I love how loving gullible people still are, even with the internet putting tons of information about this poo poo right at their fingertips. “Oh, my small investment is producing suspiciously consistent returns? I’d better up my stake to a HUGE amount, that’s never gone wrong in investment history! By the way, who or what is Ponzi?”

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

fermun posted:

ontario's teachers union pension fund had $95 million in those guys, lmao.
https://twitter.com/CP24/status/1590869415419158536
they have a $221 billion in their pension fund but still, lol, lmao

Did you mean to say million? Because I’d loving love it if a Canadian teacher’s union had Bezos-level wealth, but somehow that seems unlikely.