Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Richie Rich here working from home and its so fun he made a hoby out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Half my family came to the US illegally. My mere existence is incredibly upsetting to racists.

How many are named Mario

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

dr.acula posted:

My family was obliterated by Hitler, thanks for the reminder rear end in a top hat.

I know no practicing jews but so many people whos grandparents were in lived/died in a camp

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Im decended from kings, some kind of mario rear end wog short kings lineage

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

20 Blunts posted:

One of my ancestors was an OG Massachusetts Bay Colony guy.

But it turns out 200 years later in the 1830s a distant cousin paid to have a false biography written that alleged he was a descendant of royalty going back to Crusade times. Ya think about Jacksonian era racism and you can see the motivation I guess. We fought the English just to have some people decide being English is better than everybody else who wound up over here.

There are countless boomers on the genealogy sites repeating this royalty falsehood, with geocities links as citations.

An obscure academic basically blew up this fraud biographers work back in the 1930s, but he didn't author that many so it's kind of forgotten inconsequential history. I'm still getting around to emailing this dude at the Massachusetts historical society, I'm sure looking into this would be a fun project.

Sucks 2 B U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

DandyLion posted:

Well my father's side came from the mountains, while my mothers side came from the caves.

As you may suspect I was born in my father's village but raised with my mother's people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CI3lhyNKfo

Boner M fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 24, 2021