Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Cavauro’s dreams of killing Star Wars are as dead as the many soldiers who bravely died defending the hoth base

o7 never forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
theres nothing wrong, r2, I'm going off to follow a stress and injury induced hallucination

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in the next star wars it's a shot for shot remake of season 8 of game of thrones except for that one good episode where everyone's getting drunk. and the kotor remake is a cutscene of the same thing with no game. and all the other star wars stuff is deleted from earth except the one thing that stays is whatever thing it is that "grinds your gears" about star wars personally, for each person

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Luke Skywalker goes AWOL is an interesting plot point that I don't think ever goes anywhere, like even in the books set in the time period.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

step 2 and beyond of killing star wars are secret at this time

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

karmicknight posted:

Luke Skywalker goes AWOL is an interesting plot point that I don't think ever goes anywhere, like even in the books set in the time period.

luke skywalker is as untouchable to the resistance in ESB time period as ric flair was in 2002

made man etc etc

They did more consequences-wise with Han kidnapping Princess Leia in The Courtship of Princess Leia

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

step 2 and beyond of killing star wars are secret at this time

step one is pretty solid.

rotinaj posted:

luke skywalker is as untouchable to the resistance in ESB time period as ric flair was in 2002

made man etc etc

They did more consequences-wise with Han kidnapping Princess Leia in The Courtship of Princess Leia

being the last jedi who blew up the first death star is a lot of political capital. also lmao @ the Courtship of Princess Leia and RIP to the other, non-evil, Witches of Dathomir.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
This starts at the normal time and runs an hour longer right? The poster in the OP says 9pm CST and I want to make sure I don't accidentally skip the first hour.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

This starts at the normal time and runs an hour longer right? The poster in the OP says 9pm CST and I want to make sure I don't accidentally skip the first hour.

Empire Strikes back ends in about 2 hours and then it's RAMPAGE

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rampage is also known as the page file. that's a joke from computers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

karmicknight posted:

My favorite was people complaining about Finn and Rose going AWOL in The Last Jedi, abandoning their friends and what a terrible script it was for having that. But when one points out Luke did the EXACT same thing in ESB, they lost their poo poo.

My favorite defense was "Luke was TOLD to go there." Yeah, tell your CO that a ghost told you to go AWOL and see how quick you're thrown in the brig.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

My favorite was people complaining about Finn and Rose going AWOL in The Last Jedi, abandoning their friends and what a terrible script it was for having that. But when one points out Luke did the EXACT same thing in ESB, they lost their poo poo.

My favorite defense was "Luke was TOLD to go there." Yeah, tell your CO that a ghost told you to go AWOL and see how quick you're thrown in the brig.

A ghost told me to go awol after I got fistfucked by a wampa snow beast and I was dying of exposure

I’m gonna go to swampworld where y’all will never find my body, peace

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
it's time for THIS motherfucker, right here.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
R2d2’s charging port sitch means that proprietary cables will still be a problem, even a long time ago in a galaxy far away

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
this owns.

yoda owns

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is yoda all beaten down and limpy because he’s like an old Luchador, with bad knees and hips from his old excessively flippy style

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Is yoda all beaten down and limpy because he’s like an old Luchador, with bad knees and hips from his old excessively flippy style

a thousand percent.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

rotinaj posted:

A ghost told me to go awol after I got fistfucked by a wampa snow beast and I was dying of exposure

I’m gonna go to swampworld where y’all will never find my body, peace

I don't think even told anyone he was going; pretty much everyone but the snowspeeder pilots were the only ones left on Hoth when he left

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

I don't think even told anyone he was going; pretty much everyone but the snowspeeder pilots were the only ones left on Hoth when he left

He deffo didn't, it's why he doesn't tell r2 where they are headed until after they are in the air, and also flys manual.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

The old Nathan Jones routine, eh

Use their aircraft to get to where you want to go, then do your own thing

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
rip the original palpatine hologram

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
with every choice they made to "improve" the original movies, they removed some of the mystery and some of the wonder

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
r2 out in the rain is such a sad visual, hosed up of yoda and luke.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

karmicknight posted:

r2 out in the rain is such a sad visual, hosed up of yoda and luke.

Yoda's a petty bitch, he knows R2 did nothing to stop Anakin/Vader on Mustafar.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
love a mynock

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
these motherfuckers are acting like Han Solo didn't just present them as no threat

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh poo poo I forgot it's 2 hours tonight. Hell yeah :hellyeah:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Kris Stat getting a Rampage ad all here own (including the Area 451 on Blade)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yoda just lecturing Luke when having him run a jungle obstacle course is some big brain poo poo.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
so is the implication that all planets have a zone of the dark side, or is Yoda living here because there is the aew dark side zone.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Luke don't bring your weapon in there!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

karmicknight posted:

Kris Stat getting a Rampage ad all here own (including the Area 451 on Blade)

corporate synergy

next week I hope they can get men in black

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I love Vader calling up the usual suspects for his big "find the falcon" mission, only for Mr. competent Admiral Piett walking up to him and calling the entire thing off.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

karmicknight posted:

so is the implication that all planets have a zone of the dark side, or is Yoda living here because there is the aew dark side zone.

what if luke was going down the death star trench and instead of obi-wan speaking to him it was taz and excalibur

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

shiksa posted:

what if luke was going down the death star trench and instead of obi-wan speaking to him it was taz and excalibur

Ex can be Obi-Wan. But Taz is Yoda.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

shiksa posted:

Taz singing the Star Wars theme

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My favorite thing about Empire is how hosed Vader being in charge is. When Tarkin was in charge poo poo got done efficiently. Vader is in charge and kills like 4 admirals and loses like hundreds of ships by just brute forcing through a god damned asteroid field.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shard posted:

My favorite thing about Empire is how hosed Vader being in charge is. When Tarkin was in charge poo poo got done efficiently. Vader is in charge and kills like 4 admirals and loses like hundreds of ships by just brute forcing through a god damned asteroid field.

Vader's entire gimmick is just realizing that there is a point at which you can apply a force that becomes impossible to strat around.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Shard posted:

Vader is the equivalent of Russo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Vader is more like Kevin Nash.