Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme

I reactivated an old Distrokid account recently and found that I had earned the princely sum of $0.10 from songs I deleted years ago.

Given I have always paid way more for this on instruments and apps, plugins, etc. I don't think I will be retiring anytime soon.

How much have you earned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I've made a total of like $60, mainly from goons who are way too nice for their own good, and some random who decided an EP was worth AU$15 (it was free). He was wrong.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)

Ultra Carp

I've made exactly one American dollar so far.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

a couple grand, all from gigging (never bothered with the streaming apps). also spent a couple grand drinking at said shows, so music remains a $0 endeavor.

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart

I made $1 from spotify steams last year and that is by far and away more than i expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010

From royalties I've made a few grand mainly from pieces being played in concert. From Spotify and the like basically 0$. From commissions and the like I've been lucky enough to make a large part of my earnings there the last 2-3 years. I make a bit from some gigs too. Made a few grand also from production work just recently too, hoping to get more of that work.

That said, music is also my full-time gig!