Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
This just looks like one of those fake trailers with professional actors that gets made every now and again to promote and anniversary or new blu-ray set. Seeing as all the clips they show in the intro are just exact recreations of scenes from the old show it seems like all they're doing with it is taking the cartoon thing and putting in real people without bringing anything new to the table. And in true internet fashion I've seen A LOT of people complaining that Faye's outfit isn't skimpy enough because ACKSHUALLY her sexuality is a weapon so obviously the actor needs to have her tits hanging out constantly.

itry posted:

Ein on a leash? Nani?

Also, I'm looking at the cast and no Edward?

Nice

The hand that was doing those weird movements was probably supposed to be her because that's how she was represented in the original cartoon intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

itry posted:

The costumes actually seem pretty good in general. But I guess creeps are going to creep regardless.

And they can also portray that aspect of her character without having the actor 2 millimeters away from a nip slip at all times.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

FlocksOfMice posted:

If this is just a shot-for-shot remake with the actors acting like they're cartoon characters it will be its purest stupid and beautiful and I'm going to get disappointed when it's not like that.

If that trailer/intro is any indication it's exactly that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s heavily inspired and will probably have a few scenes that are shot for shot, but it won’t be 1:1 the whole way. Knowing Netflix, it’s probably only 6-7 episodes anyway. Who knows how far into the anime they’ll get.

It's a Netflix show so regardless of its quality, popularity, or success they'll probably just cancel anyway.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's also got a 15 years too late Sin City vibe going on there.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

This is just big budget live action superhero trash but for losers who grew up too cool for that sort of thing

Uhhh, since when is anime considered cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Does anyone else think the characters were too young for their ~tragic backstories~? Spike was supposed to be 27 or something when it would have made more sense if he was mid-late 30s and Jett was mid-30s and his entire persona and backstory suggest someone who's about 50. I always wondered why they made them those ages.

Bula Vinaka posted:

There also seems to be a missing character

Maybe not.

https://youtu.be/Yq2N-9EmedA?t=64

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 27, 2021