Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Little upsetting they chose an asian actor to play "Spike Spiegel", a character clearly intended to be of germanic descent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Fans of the 25 year old anime are surely going to find somethig to be just spitting mad about and I personally cant wait.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

This whole series would get boycotts and death threats sent to the creators if keanu was spike lol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Live action Akira would be a shitshow.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Refn could maybe do it well but its a bit too epic for his usual fare

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

I hope they keep the space rastas

Neuromancer movie would be cool.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

This is just big budget live action superhero trash but for losers who grew up too cool for that sort of thing

The 90s, when liking mainstream anime made you a cool guy.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I was a sci fi kid and naturally gravitated towards poo poo like Ghost in the Shell and Neuromancer.

Then they started with the pillows and the 2000 year old dragons and what not.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Obviously no remake would ever make me feel the same way as seeing Akira on VHS did at age 13 in some friends basement, it would just suck to see it reduced to an angsty buddy teen movie with DC style action scenes. Considering most films are written by committee these days it probably would be :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

sudonim posted:

My wife & hit a few bars last night and one place a dude was on a date while wearing a my hero academia shirt. His date seemed into him and he was far from the worst dressed guy there.

:shrug:

Yeah but you know they can never go back to his place or the jig is up.