Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Cartoon Man posted:

Netflix’s track record on live action anime is spotty at best. But that intro was awesome and gives me hope.

I recognized some of those stills from the anime too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ein on a leash? Nani?

Also, I'm looking at the cast and no Edward?

limp_cheese posted:

When people ask me why my eyes are two different colors and I'm feeling philosophical I'll bust that one out.

Nice

itry
Aug 23, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

John cho looks ridiculous as spike

After thinking about it for 20 seconds, I would've liked to see Daniel Wu in the role. He can act and kick some butt.

Edit: Seems suspicious

itry fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 26, 2021

itry
Aug 23, 2019

CPL593H posted:

This just looks like one of those fake trailers with professional actors that gets made every now and again to promote and anniversary or new blu-ray set. Seeing as all the clips they show in the intro are just exact recreations of scenes from the old show it seems like all they're doing with it is taking the cartoon thing and putting in real people without bringing anything new to the table. And in true internet fashion I've seen A LOT of people complaining that Faye's outfit isn't skimpy enough because ACKSHUALLY her sexuality is a weapon so obviously the actor needs to have her tits hanging out constantly.

The costumes actually seem pretty good in general. But I guess creeps are going to creep regardless.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

CPL593H posted:

Does anyone else think the characters were too young for their ~tragic backstories~? Spike was supposed to be 27 or something when it would have made more sense if he was mid-late 30s and Jett was mid-30s and his entire persona and backstory suggest someone who's about 50. I always wondered why they made them those ages.

For an anime they're ancient. Maybe them being young adds to the tragedy of not being able to let go when they have most of their lives ahead of them. But probably it's because anime.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Why LaKeith Stanfield? Has he shown interest in the show?

kntfkr posted:

yeah, 19 is middle aged in anime. Auron in Final Fantasy X is supposed to be 35. They either don't know how ages work in Japan or assign them out of a hat. It's better to leave the cartoon characters without a specific age but then what would you put next to blood type on the trading card?

Ah, yes. Blood type as a personality trait. Spike is a type O! :pseudo:

Cartoon Man posted:

:same:

But I’m sure there’ll be plenty of Goons to tell us how wrong we are to feel that way and how crap this show will be.

This was obviously a stylistic teaser. After the way the witcher teaser was recieved, I'm surprised they decided to release another teaser that isn't just a clip from the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I wonder if we'll get a direct answer as to what happens to Spike out of this. Assuming this doesn't just get cancelled after one season.

Edit: Because it looks like they're sticking directly to the anime, and not doing their own thing.

itry fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 27, 2021