Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 18, 2003

crepeface posted:

god drat Alex jumping into Ortega's submissions without a care is giving me a heart attack

Ortega is so quick on them too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

I don't understand why this wasn't stopped after 3, he looked pretty done when his corner had to pull him off the mat but whatever

Yeah being literally pulled up on to the stool was a bit weird, I feel like a lot of refs would be like "Stand up on your own or this fight is done".

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die

Grimey Drawer

maffew buildings posted:

I don't understand why this wasn't stopped after 3, he looked pretty done when his corner had to pull him off the mat but whatever

There was a good minute in 4 where it didn't really resemble a fight either, just Volk standing over him pounding on him

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Two of those punches under the nose looked straight deadly. Amazed Ortega is still technically in it.

MakaVillian
Aug 15, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Lol "nah I'll be alright"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm too dumb to get probated

The commentators sounded like they expected it to be stopped after 3, like, it just didn't make sense but whatever it's Ortega receiving the beating so ???

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

What was that about?

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

PONEYBOY posted:

What was that about?

dueling accidental headbutts

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PONEYBOY posted:

What was that about?

I think herb saw Ortega pawing at his eye and thought something happened? It was weird

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm too dumb to get probated

pretty incredible fight, not Diaz Lawler level but pretty good

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Great fight

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die

Grimey Drawer

Holy gently caress that dude can take a beating

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Ortega is loving insane Jesus Christ

Dr Interweb
May 18, 2005

Cow Polls

Amazing fight

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

That third round was so intense I thought it was over

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004

Pillbug

Brian ‘CTE’ city Ortega. :smith:

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

What a war

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Yeah it's weird that let that go past round 3. Moutinho was more steady and with it when Herb Dean called the fight for O'malley in the middle of a round

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ortega is a wildman, just an amazing effort but Volk did what I knew he could do. Amazing performance from him too.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

Nick Diaz was right to quit when he did lol, smartest guy in the cage

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Brut posted:

Yeah being literally pulled up on to the stool was a bit weird, I feel like a lot of refs would be like "Stand up on your own or this fight is done".

The finger count test reminded me of when I did my drivers license glasses test and just guessed at the blurry letters and somehow got it right. Both herb and Ortega looked surprised

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God drat what a fight.

The was a moment during the triangle attempt where the camera had an amazing shot of this ridiculous closeup intense eye contact between the two fighters that I want to go back and clip. It was badass as hell.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Amazing title fight, absolutely champion performance by Volk. Incredible durability from Ortega, they should make him fight Holloway again >: )

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

God drat what a fight.

The was a moment during the triangle attempt where the camera had an amazing shot of this ridiculous closeup intense eye contact between the two fighters that I want to go back and clip. It was badass as hell.

I know exactly what you’re talking about. Volks eye was glowing red and bulging and staring straight at Ortega

Combo
Aug 18, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

God drat what a fight.

Yep, that was one hell of an angle.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Who is that couple that’s in the ring after every fight

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

God drat what a fight.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1441989962333708288?s=20

About 15 seconds into that clip

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Just powering through two Ortega subs like that is insane.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

imo that was a good fight

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

:420: Allowlist and Blocklist are actually ok. :420:

I liked when he escaped the guillotine and Felder throws his hands up in the background while narrating the escape.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ortega looking like that dude in mask

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

what would the fotn even be from tonight

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

3rd round was round of the year, holy moly

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Before I go to bed in 5 seconds reminder that nick Diaz is 100% ready to fight Usman next,, what's the worst that could happen

STONE COLD 64
Oct 20, 2006

GOD'S FAVORITE IK

diaz bros vs paul bros in back to back boxing matches obv

STONE COLD 64
Oct 20, 2006

GOD'S FAVORITE IK

really thought there was a case to stop the main in the third. ortega is a tough crazy fucker.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

who does Volk fight next, is it like a gimme against Yair or Zombie

STONE COLD 64
Oct 20, 2006

GOD'S FAVORITE IK

Jeep posted:

who does Volk fight next, is it like a gimme against Yair or Zombie

max i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata