Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoJ57261
Jul 7, 2015

Mindisgone posted:

Some sort of crafting
People love to craft, myself included. Crafting should be integral to the game in that the best gear should come from player crafted items, not from grinding the same raid over and over again until unique gear X drops that literally every other player will be grinding for and eventually using. Again both SWGemu and EVE come to mind.

Little to no grind
Not doing it sorry. I am not going to hours and hours playing a game, so I can START playing a game. I understand most games need a skill and/or progression system but I am not going to spend 5 hours killing 25 goats or whatever. :fuckoff:
I mostly agree with you however some sort of crafting needs to be tied to item destruction or consumable requirements in the game to keep the economy healthy. Otherwise you end up with a gear threadmill game.

Also grind is really needed to keep people going out in the world and fight for stuff, maybe you can reduce the leveling grind or make things on a more equal footing but in the end without any kind of grind what are people going out of town (or even starting the game) for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU