Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Solvency posted:

I can't believe I got this for free since I preordered in like 2018. I mean, I'm not complaining, just surprised. Played with the Forestry Service or whatever we were called back then. I remember we all quit because it sucked rear end. Does it still?

It is the biggest piece of poo poo ever. See you out there tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
There are dungeons in the game now but yeah, like many MMOs, the question of what to do after level cap is a bit opaque. Given that it's Amazon they def have resources to add more content though.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Hellioning posted:

If I am a coward who does not like MMO PvP combat will this have enough fake dragons to fight to interest me or is this more about PvP?

PvP is a focus of the game but it's not hard core all the time stuff either. If you enjoy gathering and chill crafting with someone pretty decent if undercooked pve, this is a solid choice esp for $40 flat (no subscription fee)

Best advice is just to watch some gameplay videos and if it interests you, go for it.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

I haven't seen much on the game's economy. Is there an economy similar to WoW? Auction-houses, selling crap to vendors, selling crap to players etc?

Yes. The player economy is much more of a deal here though, since there's no vendors to sell your old junk to.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Ceramics posted:

How deep is the crafting/gathering and most importantly fishing aspect?

It's fairly deep. More so than the average mmo that has them.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Anita Dickinme posted:

I absolutely loath gathering/crafting in games but I can tell you that I enjoy the poo poo out of it in this game.

Same, 100%

The sound and animations are just oddly satisfying.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

Well, our east coast Goon server only has a 450 person queue tonight. Progress.

In the meantime, it's taking 8 minutes to move 11 spaces on my backup server.

Everyone has figured out you can hold down a movement key and go afk in towns without being disconnected. I know one guy who's been connected since launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Dpulex posted:

The only two opinions I'm seeing online are this is the best sandbox mmo since star wars galaxies or it's the most boring rpg ever made. Which one is closer to reality?

It's a fun game with great audio visual, action combat, generally bug-free gameplay, and somewhat shallow content that will either be made or broken by how quickly new content can be added.

It's worth 40 bucks.