Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Hughmoris posted:

They bungled the closed-beta from what I remember but if anyone has any chance at managing an initial burst of server loads, its Amazon.

But the open beta, which seemed like almost nothing but a stress test was pretty smooth. Granted, I didn't try and play during the first few hours but I did play that night without issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
The company limit is 100 so the leader has been kicking people who have been logged off for 7-8hrs to invite people who are logged in. Not sure how that is a good idea at all. But also not sure how you handle such low company limits... are there alliances?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why aren't they doing dedicated PvP worlds again? It makes no sense to me.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I rolled on Andlang. No wait & same world set as Royllo. May transfer when it opens up. If you want to play with a lvl 3 who logs in for a couple hours a week then my name is 'Eric the Great'

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Call me crazy but as a long time RuneScape/osrs player I like that huge grind. When I played WoW I enjoyed battlegrounds & PvP but it was so fast to level things that I quickly burnt out that treadmill.

The only thing that makes me skeptical about the New World grind is that I can't do it while half braindead/AFK/watching a movie like I can with RuneScape. But I'm willing to give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a reddit company for this game?