Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol this game is going to actually release tomorrow. I am excited! Fully expect come 8am though, the entire game will crash and burn into the ocean right away, and will be down for most of tomorrow. I kinda want to take tomorrow off work to play, but I know that will not be a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There will almost for sure be emergency maintenance at around 8am pacific time and it will last most of the day.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

arbybaconator posted:

Looks like US West servers aren't up yet?

1 hour

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I decided to close the game, will come back later. I want to play on launch day, but this isn't worth it, I have too many other things to do with my time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jeff Bezos ruined my life.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

You’d think people would’ve learned by now that burning PTO for an MMO launch is always a bad idea but somehow every time people convince themselves it’ll be different this time. This is the launch that’ll be buttery smooth, for real, this is the one.

Technically the launch has been ultra smooth. The only issue is a bunch of servers with ultra long queue times. But it's not every server, people have a choice to pick other servers to play with real fast to no wait times. The game has been lag free and the servers haven't crashed though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BadLlama posted:

gently caress anyone that wants to play with a specific group of people

That's hardly anyone else's problem though. Free server transfers are coming in the next two weeks if you want to adjust where you are.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

a launch so smooth I haven't even been able to play lmao

I saw you in-game yesterday! Come play right now, I just logged onto our server with no queue time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Level 20 now, and the PvE gameplay loop is getting frustrating very quickly. It's doing the same quests and going to the same locations over and over again, and then running back to your outpost to pick up the same faction quests again. I hope Amazon is working on more PvE quests. The PvE content really should have been designed with the idea that you are doing quests that take you from one area to the next and then move you to the next zone after that. But this is what happens when you pull a 180 on the complete redesign of the game a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ran a dungeon with goons today and it was a lot of fun.