Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I own this shirt and wear it often.

never seen this but I appreciate it

would've been interesting to see them with an amazing drummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/joey-jordison-metallica-live-lars-ulrich-1203463/

I thought there was better quality video of it, but I guess not. Or maybe I'm combining 2 shows where Lars didn't play and had stand-ins instead.

Yeah I remember seeing that long ago. It would've been cool to see what either Lombardo or Joey (RIP) came up with on a full original album. Flip a coin, don't give a poo poo. They're both metal drumming gods and light years ahead of Lars on his best day.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Earwicker posted:

this is terrible

i mean yeah, lars sucks. and robert is a better musician than anyone else in metallica currently. but this is a really sloppy performance, joey is not doing much better than lars, robert's timing is all over the place, james and kirk also loving up quite a few times which has been par for the course for decades now

they definitely lost a lot of their drive and stopped practicing once they got huge

He had a couple hours, at best, to prep for this. Honestly, it's a testament to how skilled both he and Dave were, that they sounded even halfway decent with such short notice.