Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Dear Judakel,

This is the indisputable fact – Medicare for All would provide every single Californian quality care while saving billions of dollars every year.

That’s why my first bill in Sacramento, as your voice in the State Assembly, will be to work with our allies to re-introduce a California Medicare for All system to bring equal access to quality care to every Californian.

This will be an epic fight against the massive insurance corporations who will do everything in their power to protect their billions of dollars in profits.

So I need you by my side – will you sign our petition in support of Medicare for All in California?

The math is clear – more than one-third of all healthcare dollars go to insurance company profits and bureaucracy. We spend hundreds of billions to pay for these companies' overhead costs – and all too frequently, we are paying them to figure out ways to deny us coverage!

Every other industrialized economy in the world has a form of Medicare for All – sometimes called single-payer. In this system, you keep your current doctor, but we replace private, for-profit insurance companies with one public fund. Because we eliminate the profits and the bureaucracies built up to deny coverage – we can cover everyone at a lower cost.
This system would be more equitable by far – starting with making sure the 3.2 million Californians without any health insurance are immediately covered. Immigrants, low-income families and communities of color have the highest uninsured rates, with 2 out of 3 undocumented Californians having no quality health insurance.

That means the people who grow our food, care for our kids, keep our stores and restaurants open and the people who have suffered the most under COVID-19 all too often go without life-saving care. For that reason alone, we need to adopt Medicare for All.

Equity matters. But the economics of Medicare for All is also favorable to our families and small businesses. For many small businesses, healthcare costs are one of their most significant financial burdens. Medicare for All would remove that burden.

For families, the number one driver of bankruptcy and economic devastation is the cost of healthcare emergencies. Many of our houseless neighbors are on the streets because they suffer from untreated medical conditions or lost their homes to medical debt. Medicare for All would mean every family is covered.

Recent independent studies show that providing quality preventive care for everyone, which would be possible under a Medicare for All system, would save $3.4 billion per year. An authoritative recent study showed Medicare for All would save us $44 billion dollars in the first ten years it is implemented.

This is the time. And we must lead this cause.

Will you join us in support of Medicare for All?

Will you help protect the health and save the lives of those Californians who make our economy work but live without health insurance?

Will you help save these lives – and save billions by joining our fight for Medicare for All?

This is the moment for the change we have been waiting for. I hope you will join us.

In solidarity,

David Campos
Candidate for State Assembly

This dumb motherfucker whom I've never heard of thinks I am going to believe that the same democratic party that currently has a supermajority in California and passed universal healthcare only under a Republican governor that was sure to veto it is going to do so if he is elected. Get hosed, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

bristol cool chart posted:

they've passed like 4 of those only for dem governors to veto and there's currently like 3 floating in senate suspension hell atm

Lol goddamn. State sucks